I am Scissors. Where is my paper?

HanSollo

I Play a GS. Have been playing since prelaunch i have been waiting patiently for my paper to show up but its still not here. Most people dont realize that most of the DMG done my GS is white so its all mitigated by armor. This pretty much takes out anything wearing heavy armor. Ok so Guardians/Troopers/ Mercs are out they mitigate 30-40% of your DMG right off the bat. so light and medium armor lets see. Sin/shadow op/scoundral have stealth. So at best you can wait for them to pop out of stealth and start on someone else but the one without downs simply kill you first then head to thier intended target. so whats left Sent/Mara.....if i have to explain that one to u then im sorry. So Sorc/Sages granted they only mitigate 15-20% of the dmg but the problem is they have a 4k bubble on a 20 sec CD so they have somthing like 30k hp and plunty of mobility to LoS you till they can rebubble. so what exactly am i supposed to target. The only use i am in WZs is to pop bubbles so melees dont get stunned. i really am confused as to why you even made this class. Not to mention that i have to stack accurcy to even be able to hit (+15%) to make sure i hit. So while others are stacking crit surge im stacking accuracy and more accuracy and more accuracy which ****s anydmg i would do. Plz if you can explain to me how i can kill **** let me know Edited by HanSollo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GS/Sniper is an excellent counter for Sent/Mara actually, and focus/rage Juggs as well, despite the heavy armor. Should learn to play better.

If you were a merc/commando your complaint would be more valid.

really cause on my sent i take them apart very easily and take almost no dmg in the process guess im just an amazing Sent then as for the non tank Guardians i havent tried cause they have heavy armor but that still leaves only 1 class in fact that leaves only 1 class IF they dont spec tank with a class that is kinda designed to tank.

You must be the only unhappy gunslinger/sniper. Most peoples opinion on this class is perfectly balanced, to a little overpowered. If you think this class needs a buff or another class needs a nerf so you can kill them easier than any other class then this class is not for you or your doing something wrong.

To answer your question, your paper would be any melee (some ranged too) beyond 10m. When they get within 10m they turn to rock.

really cause on my sent i take them apart very easily and take almost no dmg in the process guess im just an amazing Sent then as for the non tank Guardians i havent tried cause they have heavy armor but that still leaves only 1 class in fact that leaves only 1 class IF they dont spec tank with a class that is kinda designed to tank.

on my GS, i have no issues killing marauders/jugs/powertechs/mercs/and most assassins. tanks take longer to kill but they eventually die.

basically, anyone that needs to be within mid range to hit us, we counter.

ps. Sniper/GS has a much higher skill level then most of the other classes. use abilities at the wrong time, you will die much sooner.

Edited by ForsakenKing

Could be the snipers you kill suck at the class as much as you do. Can't faceroll on it.

Again, try playing a merc or commando.

this game has this other thing called "PvE," and GSs do OK there....

Also, my sniper has fun in WZs, and we're your mirror, so I really am not sure as to why you are complaining?

u do realize that since OPs dont have an offhand, that they shoot with, so when u hit u do 100% dmg where as when i shoot i do about 85% of the dmg with my main that u do and my off hand, which has a 50% hit rate, does about 15% of the dmg which means im usally doing 15% less dmg then you.

You must be the only unhappy gunslinger/sniper. Most peoples opinion on this class is perfectly balanced, to a little overpowered. If you think this class needs a buff or another class needs a nerf so you can kill them easier than any other class then this class is not for you or your doing something wrong.

To answer your question, your paper would be any melee (some ranged too) beyond 10m. When they get within 10m they turn to rock.

TY ok it said TY was too short

on my GS, i have no issues killing marauders/jugs/powertechs/mercs/and most assassins. tanks take longer to kill but they eventually die.

basically, anyone that needs to be within mid range to hit us, we counter.

ps. Sniper/GS has a much higher skill level then most of the other classes. use abilities at the wrong time, you will die much sooner.

ok guess i try it but that makes no sence to me. TY for the reply

u do realize that since OPs dont have an offhand, that they shoot with, so when u hit u do 100% dmg where as when i shoot i do about 85% of the dmg with my main that u do and my off hand, which has a 50% hit rate, does about 15% of the dmg which means im usally doing 15% less dmg then you.

That sounds gamebreaking. Get some accuracy, maybe?

MOAR ACCURACY!

kidding.:p Snipers/GSs have a steep learning curve. It was my first char, and I haven't left it since. However, I will concede that I do prefer my sniper, as having a large gun is awesome. My GS is sitting around on Taris for the time being, shooting empty cans of Tarisian Ale.

Edited by AboB

I will admit that pre-50 my GS was awesome but now...it's a grind. Still learning how to get the best damage while remaining hidden but the good thing is, I can be mobile as well.

Best thing is to keep DoTs up on anyone in range, prevent melee from getting in range, and keep plugging away. I actually see GS and Soundrels in the top of most WZ's these days. So it's not the class...it's learning to play the class better to suit your needs.

Sniper/Gunslinger is actually the only balanced ranged DPS class because you have:

-Jump immunity

-Interrupt immunity

-30m mezz

-Ranged root

-AoE attack and AoE defense

-Strong offensive cooldowns

-Average defensive cooldowns

Neither Mercs nor Sorcs have these. So stop complaining about a class that is actually working as intended.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I'm loving my GS. Pop hunker down and watch the tears as they see their cc isn't working

meele runs up > aimed shot (knockback)

meele tries again > pulse charge

Meele tries one more time > leg shot

and for good measure: XS flyby.

It's tricky knowing when to stay in cover and when to leave, and I don't mean to say I always do it right, but, Slingers and snipers have many tools that keep meele attacks off of them.

I have neither mirror so I can't comment on whether that's true, but I'm pretty sure 97.3% of players are sure their main class takes more skill than average to play well (which, of course, 92.2% believe they do).

Source: Department of Imaginative Statistics

Edited by Wainamoinen

I have neither mirror so I can't comment on whether that's true, but I'm pretty sure 97.3% of players are sure their main class takes more skill than average to play well (which, of course, 92.2% believe they do).

Source: Department of Imaginative Statistics

Try the class. We're really damn squishy. It may or may not take more skill to play, but it does take a heck of a lot more patience.

The only people that beat me on my sniper are the good assault vanguards (however rare those are), and guardian tanks >.<

I am, however, geared out in basically full optimized EWH gear. Last night I got a 4.2k snipe followed by a 7.6k ambush (or was it 6.7k? can't remember which) ambush on a sorc. I had the red candy on lol.

Edited by Zunayson

GS/Sniper is an excellent counter for Sent/Mara actually, and focus/rage Juggs as well, despite the heavy armor. Should learn to play better.

If you were a merc/commando your complaint would be more valid.

I keep seeing people post this misinformation. They are not a counter to sentinels or marauders. We are actually a counter to them. Picking off someone in a warzone who's in a group fighting someone else doesn't mean you are a counter. Try 1v1ing a sentinel in any of your specs and see how well you do. :rolleyes: We have so many ways to counter your class.

I keep seeing people post this misinformation. They are not a counter to sentinels or marauders. We are actually a counter to them. Picking off someone in a warzone who's in a group fighting someone else doesn't mean you are a counter. Try 1v1ing a sentinel in any of your specs and see how well you do. :rolleyes: We have so many ways to counter your class.

Premise: start at max range because once again its a 1v1 as you said so there is no reason that the sniper was distracted by the group and you were allowed to gap close on him.

So how does the sentinel win this one exactly against an MM slinger?

You can't close with leap, you can close with cammo but he can Knock you back, or stun/ mex you multiple times to create gaps and then you can't use cammo to break leg shot on any of your times running back in without leap.

I'm sorry, but us snipers and slingers have more ways to counter your class than you have for ours. We have jump immunity, interrupt immunity, cc immunity with entrench/hunker down, leg shot, a knockback with a root, another knockback if in marksman/sharpshooter tree. A ranged mez and a melee stun. You have cloak of pain, force camouflage, something that reduces accuracy by 90% (can't remember name), something that increases melee and ranged defense by a bit (can't remember how much or the name), undying rage, and intimidating roar.

If you get close to us first we will knock you back, you are force to camouflage or use cc breaker or else you will die quickly from us free casting. Get back in again and we pop entrench and knock you back with ambush, then leg shot you. If you reduce our accuracy, we will reduce your accuracy with our first marksman tree ability. If you use ravage, we will hard stun you, and if you use indying rage, we will flash bang you. Both force choke and intimidating roar are useless since we have entrench up. Not to mention we have orbital strike which will discourage you from coming into melee range. If you are smash spec then we can have up to 60% damage reduction from skill trees.

I am using marksman spec in this argument since they counter them the best.

Lol you are sadly mistaken. As usual, the sniper comes up with all of these seemingly wonderful ways they have of keeping the sentinel at range while the senrinel will just stay in one spot and take it all. :eek: Good luck with that in an actual fight. May sound good on paper, but in reality not so much. We counter you, not the other way around. The only counter to sentinels is a darkness assassin in dps gear, along with their republic counterparts. But hey, who am I to stop you from thinking you are a hard counter. Be all that you can be man. :D I guess all of the snipers on my server just suck.