Dread Palace : Council 8M HM BUG

I don't know if this is working as intended but something is off here. We got a group who has never done council HM, wanted to help them out and we were DENIED by a feature.

Working as intended. The tanks had aggro on the bosses, tanks went up, bosses evaded. Do more dps on Brontes so that you have the full time to go get the crystals before the bosses become active. Or, if this happens again, forget the crystals and just continue as normal. You'll just have to actually do your tank rotation to hold aggro sans crystal.

Working as intended. The tanks had aggro on the bosses, tanks went up, bosses evaded. Do more dps on Brontes so that you have the full time to go get the crystals before the bosses become active. Or, if this happens again, forget the crystals and just continue as normal. You'll just have to actually do your tank rotation to hold aggro sans crystal.

As I said, most of that group did not clear it and wanted to see how it is in HM. It is not the usual progression group. I have done that fight so many times successfully and his is the first time I notice this feature. Funny enough we had bad attempts where we had aggro as tanks, went up but they did not reset. Could be something new similar to Calphayus if you don't taunt him in the final phase he resets.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

As I said, most of that group did not clear it and wanted to see how it is in HM. It is not the usual progression group. I have done that fight so many times successfully and his is the first time I notice this feature. Funny enough we had bad attempts where we had aggro as tanks, went up but they did not reset. Could be something new similar to Calphayus if you don't taunt him in the final phase he resets.

Well, we all know how well these boss fights work right after a new patch :p

I've never seen this happen where the bosses evade. Usually, they will just go after another player if they can't reach their main target.

If you continue to see this, I suppose your tanks could use their aggro reduce or you could have a DPS taunt the boss until the tanks are back down. If you don't have a DPS that can taunt, that DPS could go stand right next to the boss and attack it so that the boss switches targets.

However, like VoW_LugNut wrote already, in a perfect try, this situation will never appear. Usually, you should have enough DPS so that the bosses don't come down until Brontes is dead. If that takes too long, your tanks should never go get their crystal, but always stay down and taunt the bosses manually.

Since you wrote that this only happened once, I believe you were just unlucky and the bosses are not bugged in general.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for reporting it! That way, if we see this happening in other groups, we'll know about it and can check if it is in fact a bug after all.

EDIT: After closer inspection, it seems like Bestia did in fact switch targets and went after a heal or DPS while you were clicking the crystal. It only did reset after you finished casting and got back down, where you had the debuff that forced Bestia to attack you.

I am thinking that there was some server lag where Bestia thought you were still on the throne at the crystal, and at the same time was unable to use an ability at you because you were out of range / no path existed to walk up to the throne.

In that case, forget my suggestions, they won't help for this particular case. But unless this lag continues to be a larger problem, I think we can safely ignore it.

Edited by Jerba

We had the boss reset for a dozen or so pulls in the very beginning of the fight, finally we figured out the person who had Raptus' aggro while he was jumping down was sitting on some edge of the railing everytime. Rather than give the boss a "nowhere" target to jump they reset instead. I think possibly since when the bosses go active again to jump to their targets some are in the portals the bosses do not think they have a target location and it bugs out. Definitely seems like a bug rather than intentional, but a bit more DPS will fix that. We've been able to have Brontes killed before they came down again to channel so you can guys too.

Our next run is planned with the 3600+ damage dealers we usually have in the group and we will try to replicate it. We will slack on damage a lot and in another attempt we will kill Brontes and have over 15 seconds to get the crystals. If this can be replicated then one of the latest patches has surely messed up the fight. Edited by Leafy_Bug