Is Battlemaster good enough to do HM Flashpoints?

My argument wasn't even about the gear drop system vs comms either, I'm not saying they should change anything of that nature, however the fact is PvP gear is far too viable for endgame PvE. It's not fair to people who just want to play PvE that someone else can skip half the PvE gearing route because they've bashed some other players in a warzone while the rest of us have to earn our drops to get up to that gear level.

In an ideal world all PvP gear shouldn't have more non-pvp stats than tionese, instead these stats should of been traded off for more PvP stats like more expertise, something that'll make players actually change their gear when they've come out of a warzone and gone into an op.

Fair enough, I think I get your point now.

Bad PvPers get gear easier than bad PvEers. By losing warzones, you get comms anyway and can gear up. Yet the player that can't run flashpoints and operations can't get gear. This makes sense.

Yet, it seems you're describing a matter of principle, rather than an actual situation causing problems. What difference does it make where someone got their gear? If they're in your pug, they're either a good player or a bad player. They help you finish the operation or they don't.

So they "skipped half of the PvE gearing route"

Heck, I could do that right now without setting foot in a warzone or a flashpoint or an operation. I have quite a bit of credits across all my toons. My latest (a Sniper) just dinged 50 last night. I could spent all my credits, buy a bunch of Molecular Stabilizers, and have someone craft a bunch of grade 27 dread guard gear (including the main hand barrel), and then pop it all in the free Tionese gear (for the set bonus).

I wouldn't have only skipped half of the PvE gearing route, I would have skipped ALL OF IT.

Yet, if I were doing HM TfB with you, would you really care where I got my gear? As long as I was doing my job?

If there were a disproportionate number of PvP players moving into PvE doing a terrible job, I could understand. And yet, I don't see that. And I've pugged A LOT.

Fair enough, I think I get your point now.

No you're missing it entirely.

To put it in short instead of a wall of text, in an ideal world:

PvP endgame gear = For PVP content only

i.e. Warzones and open world PvP (maybe good enough for planetary dailies but they don't have much of a gear requirement but useless for harder endgame PvE content like flashpoints and operations)

PvE endgame gear = For PvE content only

i.e. Flashpoints and operations (focus on player vs environment content but useless for warzones).

No you're missing it entirely.

To put it in short instead of a wall of text, in an ideal world:

PvP endgame gear = For PVP content only

i.e. Warzones and open world PvP (maybe good enough for planetary dailies but they don't have much of a gear requirement but useless for harder endgame PvE content like flashpoints and operations)

PvE endgame gear = For PvE content only

i.e. Flashpoints and operations (focus on player vs environment content but useless for warzones).

Okay, fair enough.

Why?

Whats so bad about the way it is right now?

Edit: From the beginning I understood this was what you wanted. It was the WHY I was trying to understand. It sounded like you were addressing some sort of "unfairness" which is the point MY posts were trying to speak to.

Edit Edit: I really don't have a horse in this race. I tried PvP for a while, didn't really like it, don't do it anymore. So your wishes could be fulfilled and it wouldn't affect me in the slightest. It just doesn't make sense why you're insisting on this.

Edited by Khevar

Okay, fair enough.

Why?

Whats so bad about the way it is right now?

Edit: From the beginning I understood this was what you wanted. It was the WHY I was trying to understand. It sounded like you were addressing some sort of "unfairness" which is the point MY posts were trying to speak to.

Edit Edit: I really don't have a horse in this race. I tried PvP for a while, didn't really like it, don't do it anymore. So your wishes could be fulfilled and it wouldn't affect me in the slightest. It just doesn't make sense why you're insisting on this.

The problem is with the current system you are better off playing PVP and gearing up that way than actually starting afresh and earning basic endgame PvE gear, it doesn't encourage the player to go with the full PvE gearing route and tries to coax them into PvP one way or another. Even if it's just for relics, the PvP relics were up to a point (and still are in some cases) best in slot which pretty much forces people to play some PvP even if it's not their thing just in order to have the best possible gear for that slot the game has to offer.

PvP should be irrelevant to PvE like it is the opposite way, I can't just jump into a warzone in full BH or dreadguard so why should PvPers be able to jump into operations with war hero whether they know tactics or not. I'm not moaning about on whether PvPers have lack of experience all I'm saying is someone with PvP gear shouldn't have the best of both worlds.

It's PvP gear.. it belongs in PVP and should just be used for PvP despite how good the player is.

Battlemaster is equivalent to somewhere between columi and rakata, so its technically better than 99% of the gear the drops in HM's. (1% being the rakata jacket that drops out of lost island). War hero also being that half way point between rakata and black hole. You're fine. As long as someone knows what theyre doing they shouldnt have any issues, the guy was just being a ***** about it.

It is not ideal, but you can tank HMs in the recruit gear, especially the new mk2 stuff. HMs are not serious business. Now I wouldn't go for LI in less than columi+, but the rest you would be fine with BM gear. But to be honest, now that they give you a free set of tionese gear just for hitting 50, you should really be using that over BM.

The problem is with the current system you are better off playing PVP and gearing up that way than actually starting afresh and earning basic endgame PvE gear, it doesn't encourage the player to go with the full PvE gearing route and tries to coax them into PvP one way or another. Even if it's just for relics, the PvP relics were up to a point (and still are in some cases) best in slot which pretty much forces people to play some PvP even if it's not their thing just in order to have the best possible gear for that slot the game has to offer.

This I can completely understand. Having to grind for the PvP relics for PvE was quite annoying. The good thing is the Dread Guard PvE relics are definitively BiS for dpses. I'm not sure about healers and tanks.

PvP should be irrelevant to PvE like it is the opposite way, I can't just jump into a warzone in full BH or dreadguard so why should PvPers be able to jump into operations with war hero whether they know tactics or not. I'm not moaning about on whether PvPers have lack of experience all I'm saying is someone with PvP gear shouldn't have the best of both worlds.

Actually, you can. Your BH/Dread Guard gear is a leg up to getting your War Hero gear. There are people that think otherwise, but it is definitely the case. Both theorycrafted on how Expertise works and by actual testing in warzones.

In PvP, Recruit Gear is better than Columi, is on a par with Rakata, is worse than BH/Campaign and is much worse than Dread Guard gear. So there is a parity there going the other direction.

It's PvP gear.. it belongs in PVP and should just be used for PvP despite how good the player is.

Hey, I do get what your saying, but don't you think there would be more players running around in HM FPs and Ops in PvP gear? I just don't see it that often.