Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

Yea after I saw this thread yesterday at work:rolleyes: I was curious, but when I got home and played, the cd effect didn't seem to bother me, I could tell what was on cd by the slide. But thats just me, some I guess like the other way better. Hopefully at some point we can get some add-ons and macros going :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This change is really bad.

I'm tanking a hard mode FP yesterday, spamming taunts, AE attacks, stuns, etc. on long'ish CD's, wondering why the hell aren't they going off? Am I lagging?

Then I realize they're not off CD. They look like they're off CD, but they're not.

I betcha there's a lot of folks out there that don't even realize this and think their game is lagging, which makes you look bad.

Please put it back the way it was.

Previously I could tell when skill was off CD, now I often try to use a skill a few seconds before its ready not knowing its not ready.

It has made me lose a couple tough fights because when the skill dot work I try to use it again and get distracted when it then still dont work as I see that its not ready and as such dont understand why it will not work.

What I dont understand is why the changed it at all, as far as I know it was not broken in any way so why change it?

And I cant remember ever seeing anyone ever complaining about it being bad design.

Why do they waste time and resources on changing things that are working fine and nobody has a problem with instead of fixing the things that needs to be fixed?

Please BW revert the skill bars to what they were in 1.0, they were much better that way and it was actually possible to see when a skill was off CD.

A question to the community.

Do you think it would help if we all bug report this, and request it be reverted to how it was in 1.0?

Bioware logics are even worse than troll logics so even what the trolls claims is smarter than what Bioware says.

Cya in GW2!

Been looking at GW2 lately and that honestly sounds like a true MMORPG, with its dynamic works AND storytelling.

Not like TOR which is a static world with storytelling.

Edited by Bansheedragon

surely everybody notices this? how did it get past testing? what a massive joke.

it looks better at first but then when a cooldown is nearly up you can't tell if it has 3 seconds left or 10 secs, i'm constantly clicking abilities that look like they're off cooldown and it's just horrendous.

at the end of the day its only pixels on a screen mate

After reading this and other posts here yesterday, I was ready for the sky to fall with the new patch. Instead it downloaded fin, the game started and played fine and I had no issues with the new cool down system. ***, just be patient and play. If you miss a hit and die, so what. You care bears have made it so dying mean nothing in any of these games, so BFD!

i really dont understand how can ppl say its ok like this.. i mean.. if it was a free game, then what the hell.. f*ck it.. its free.. if they wanna change it fine.. if they dont ... well too bad.. BUT EI! WE PAY TO PLAY! so if im not happy i can do two things... Ask the game company in this case.. BW... to change it or make it optional. If they dont change it well the other option is just unsub and stop playing till they change their minds..

ive played WoW for 5 years and i have never QQed or even log on to foruns to complain because of game changes or whatever, mostly also because we can always grab an ADDON wich fulfill our needs..

but in this game we cant have addons, so were forced to play the way they want.. and yes this utter crap ability CD system is a gamebreaker for me.

say whatever u want like goodbye, go back to WoW ... i dont care. Just made a ticket to them saying to make it optional or revert it else im just gona cancel sub in 6 days, wich is sad cuz i love SW.

whoever agrees should make a ticket in game and complain

Edited by Ramiro_Ferreira

I have been wondering the very same thing.

Why do they waste time and resources on changing things that are working fine and nobody has a problem with instead of fixing the things that needs to be fixed?

Agreed. Hopefully they'll put it back. I guess it was worth a shot, but you'd think someone during testing would go, "this is worse"

They are definitely more responsive than Bliz.

They try to fix things as fast as possible and deliver patches and fixes fast.

This is a good sign.

That's why i hope it doesn't take them a lot of time and they react fast on

1 - At this point, that statement is ******** and you know it. I´ve had several tickets unattended and not once have I got a (very late) reply other than by a bot.

2 - Agreed. The problem is they´re fixing things that really don´t matter , yes it´s a little bugging that I can´t drop some quests, but Ilum situation, combat lag and ability responsiveness and finally sorting in vendors (just mentioning a few) are much more important.

3 - I´m not impressed thus far but it might be me that has high standards.

4 - They need to start coming out to the community if they want to fix the relationship. Bear in mind I don´t even complain about issues that are buggering. I just want (like some part of the community) that they fix what´s really broken (the things that it´s not an option to say I like better this way or the other way).

theres some awsome addons on WoW that do that.. my combo is Bartender4, Inline Aura and OmniCC among others

By bringing UI addons what´s broken won´t be fixed. If the bars and abilities are broken to some point a mod won´t fix them. So it´s pointless to ask for UI addons atm.

Edited by Agenteusa

surely everybody notices this? how did it get past testing? what a massive joke.

it looks better at first but then when a cooldown is nearly up you can't tell if it has 3 seconds left or 10 secs, i'm constantly clicking abilities that look like they're off cooldown and it's just horrendous.

Agree 100%.

In this game, you have to be aware of your surroundings. You have to look at your character, the enemy characters, and the environment for indications of what is going on, and what is about to happen. This change is essentially forcing many of us to divert ALOT of our attention from the GAME, to our hotbars. I don't want to stare at my hotbars, I want to play the game with just an occasional glance, or watching them light up out of my peripheral vision.

At the very least, give us the OPTION to set it back to the way it was. Please.

Edited by Crabbok