[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

Xinika

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Assassin#200-100221220321112032222-210012223

Is also a decent spec to play for dps, like on Voidstar Provides a little bit more pressure and you can still do amazing amounts of burst

also the 2.0 wakajin spec

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/assassin#0-100221220321112032222-2210012223

both are good, yes full deception/infil have great 1v1 burst but honestly these 2 specs provide more sustained dmg and can provide more pressure like in voidstar or novare

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Assassin#200-100221220321112032222-210012223

Is also a decent spec to play for dps, like on Voidstar Provides a little bit more pressure and you can still do amazing amounts of burst

also the 2.0 wakajin spec

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/assassin#0-100221220321112032222-2210012223

both are good, yes full deception/infil have great 1v1 burst but honestly these 2 specs provide more sustained dmg and can provide more pressure like in voidstar or novare

Pure Deception does more sustained damage than its hybrids. The hybrid specs at this point have become a bit outdated. Though, they are useable, they are not optimal as they once were.

Pure Deception does more sustained damage than its hybrids. The hybrid specs at this point have become a bit outdated. Though, they are useable, they are not optimal as they once were.

ehhhhh. from playing the class as dps in ranked .. the hybrid is a lot more valuable than pure deception, the extra AoE pressure and you can keep going and dont have to slow down lol.....ive playe both full decpetion and hybrid and for sure hybrid is better... you still have the burst and you still dish out the dmg.. like i said full deception is good for a 1v1 fight but hybrid is better in a team situation provides better utility and better dmg for the team and you can maintain the dmg a lot better than full... just throwing in my 2 cents

if i have full ranked/wz commendations when hitting lvl 55, how should i spend them?

I will make a suggestion...

Spend you wzs comms on your weapon first. We are a dps class ;).

As for RWZ comms, I have always bought my ear, implants and relic first as they do not need the partisan equivalent as a trade in.

Wiser people than me may feel free to correct if I have misspoken... :).

• 2 weeks later...
I will make a suggestion...

Spend you wzs comms on your weapon first. We are a dps class ;).

As for RWZ comms, I have always bought my ear, implants and relic first as they do not need the partisan equivalent as a trade in.

Wiser people than me may feel free to correct if I have misspoken... :).

No you're correct, if you're maxed out on RWZ and WZ comms you'll have enough to get the Conq implants and Ear piece, and you should, then focus getting gear as you see fit. I went full left side, including MH and then moved over to right!

No you're correct, if you're maxed out on RWZ and WZ comms you'll have enough to get the Conq implants and Ear piece, and you should, then focus getting gear as you see fit. I went full left side, including MH and then moved over to right!

i do this as well. Once you use all your saved up ranked on ear and 2ximplants, buy 2 pieces of partisan gear for the 2-set bonus. Then do weekly/dailies buying partisan gear with regular. once you have enough ranked from dailies, get the relics. I usually get the weapon after the 4-set bonus (getting 4 non-chest pieces) and save the offhand for last, but thats just me.

Okay, so I have to ask... And I hope this is an okay place to ask. If not, sorry. What's the standard PvE spec these days? Before 2.0, it was Madness or nothing, basically. But with the removal of Maul/Shadow Strike, I feel like it's much weaker. On dummies, I'm parsing a good 15% less on Madness than Deception. Mind you, it's in the same gear. But I was told multiple times by different people that Assassins/Shadows still run Madness/Balance in progression ops. I've got 99.8% Acc (109.something force acc), 24.9% crit with Smuggler buff, only 65% or so Surge (working on that, which might be the culprit, but you'd think it'd hurt Deception just as much), just under 2400 Willpower, and about 1500 mainhand max damage. My rotations fit the suggested rotations in this thread, although I would argue that Discharge (x3) should always come before Shock so that you can get another stack of Static, or 2 stacks if you proc Chain Shock in order to keep your Discharges coming. Was I given bad information, or is Madness just useless in PvE outside of needing the extra area effect damage output? Edited by Belgaer

Okay, so I have to ask... And I hope this is an okay place to ask. If not, sorry. What's the standard PvE spec these days? Was I given bad information, or is Madness just useless in PvE outside of needing the extra area effect damage output?

Both Sin specs are behind in terms of damage. So to answer your question, I believe you were given bad information. Madness is still being used as the primary progression spec with Deception lagging not too far behind.

Edited by Xinika

Both Sin specs are behind in terms of damage. So to answer your question, I believe you were given bad information. Madness is still being used as the primary progression spec with Deception lagging not too far behind.

Thanks for the info. I guess it's probably my connection that kills Madness's damage or something then (Satellite, 700-1000 ms ping). You'd think Deception would lose a lot more than Madness with a bad connection. I suppose gear or my own play style could be at fault, but I played Madness pre-2.0 and did really well in progression ops with it, so a less complicated rotation shouldn't be the issue.

Hello xinika.

Im' glad to see you add pve essential of inf/dec from my 3d, I want to ask you some things on stats section:

DPS Stats

Quote:

3051 Willpower

1397 Bonus Damage (Force)

99% Accuracy (Melee)

24 - 25% Crit (Melee)

71% Surge

0 Accuracy / Alacrity <- remove "accuracy"

or

Quote:

Willpower 2624

Strength 155

Power 1586

Force Power 2012 (from weapons)

Crit Rating 285 <- add 285-342

Surge Rating 395

Accuracy 474 <- 395 not 474!

Alacrity 0

Can you delete willpower and power values? cuz these are on full Underworld and willpower/power will change with kell dragon; nd please add a note: "on other points stack power and use augments with power" :D so there will be not any problems on understand.

thanks. ^^ and gj

edit:

ah, why don't add this 3d on shadow section too? :p

Edited by IInox

Thanks for the info. I guess it's probably my connection that kills Madness's damage or something then (Satellite, 700-1000 ms ping). You'd think Deception would lose a lot more than Madness with a bad connection. I suppose gear or my own play style could be at fault, but I played Madness pre-2.0 and did really well in progression ops with it, so a less complicated rotation shouldn't be the issue.

Your ping would definitely be the issue with madness. Madness is all about trying to be as precise as possible with the application of your dots and death field. For example, I was parsing last night and I was playing rather poorly. I wasn't clipping Dots, but I would be slightly late applying them for one reason or another. This led to lower parses (for my standards) than I usually get. Mind you this was with a stable 30ms ping. I have no idea how you are able to play on satellite with that ping.

To answer your question about which spec is used in progression, I will switch based on the fight. In TFB NiM I run Madness on WH, DG, and Kephess, and Decep on OP IX and The Terror. In SnV NiM so far I have run Madness on Dash and Titan, and then Decep on Thrasher.

Your ping would definitely be the issue with madness. Madness is all about trying to be as precise as possible with the application of your dots and death field. For example, I was parsing last night and I was playing rather poorly. I wasn't clipping Dots, but I would be slightly late applying them for one reason or another. This led to lower parses (for my standards) than I usually get. Mind you this was with a stable 30ms ping. I have no idea how you are able to play on satellite with that ping.

To answer your question about which spec is used in progression, I will switch based on the fight. In TFB NiM I run Madness on WH, DG, and Kephess, and Decep on OP IX and The Terror. In SnV NiM so far I have run Madness on Dash and Titan, and then Decep on Thrasher.

Yeah, I only get about 2000 dps at best on this internet. Can't wait to see the back of it.

Thanks for the spec info. It's good to see that the two are close enough that it's situational. Still wish they both put out more damage, but that's another topic that we're all beating to death lately anyway.

Yeah, I only get about 2000 dps at best on this internet. Can't wait to see the back of it.

Thanks for the spec info. It's good to see that the two are close enough that it's situational. Still wish they both put out more damage, but that's another topic that we're all beating to death lately anyway.

Side note about your intenet... When I moved a few weeks ago it took about 1 1/2 weeks for the internet to be activated and I was able to use my phones tethered 4g connection while we were doing Dread Guard progression. I actually was tethered when we killed them and I think I had around a 90ms ping. So if its possible in your area to get a strong mobile data connection you could look into that.

Side note about your intenet... When I moved a few weeks ago it took about 1 1/2 weeks for the internet to be activated and I was able to use my phones tethered 4g connection while we were doing Dread Guard progression. I actually was tethered when we killed them and I think I had around a 90ms ping. So if its possible in your area to get a strong mobile data connection you could look into that.

Yeah, I know. I've told my father this (it's his internet, I just stay here over summers), but he's about the most unreasonable person ever born. It's a shame too, because he could get the same data allowance from AT&T for about the same he pays for satellite.

Hello xinika.

Im' glad to see you add pve essential of inf/dec from my 3d, I want to ask you some things on stats section:

DPS Stats

Quote:

3051 Willpower

1397 Bonus Damage (Force)

99% Accuracy (Melee)

24 - 25% Crit (Melee)

71% Surge

0 Accuracy / Alacrity <- remove "accuracy"

or

Quote:

Willpower 2624

Strength 155

Power 1586

Crit Rating 285 <- add 285-342

Surge Rating 395

Accuracy 474 <- 395 not 474!

Alacrity 0

Can you delete willpower and power values? cuz these are on full Underworld and willpower/power will change with kell dragon; nd please add a note: "on other points stack power and use augments with power" :D so there will be not any problems on understand.

thanks. ^^ and gj

edit:

ah, why don't add this 3d on shadow section too? :p

OP Updated / Fixed, ty.

Hello there,

i am a little confused about the setting of some skillpoints in the PVE DD-specs:

- for madness wouldn't it be better to put those 2 middle-tree points into shadow's respite, because you rarely need the fast interrupt but are force starved more often then not?

- for infiltration i think 2 points in kinetic field are better than faster running, because less damage taken = less healing required.

just my thoughts, otherwise good job and nice vids.

You bring up a valid point for madness. Its really dependent on the fight. If I know that it will be a mostly stationary fight then I take the 2 points in Dark Embrace. However there are a couple fights (Dashroode in SnV, Kephess in TFB) where the 5 second reduction on Force Speed is crucial so I will take 2 points in Avoidance.

This is the spec that I use for deception. Basically only putting one point in Obfuscation and locating it in Entropic Field.

DPS-Infiltration / Deception

- llnox

DPS Stats

Quote:

Strength 155

Power 1586 (Stack Power) last thing to stack

Crit Rating 285 get this up to where it is 30% un buffed

Surge Rating 395 get this to where it is 70%+ unbuffed

Accuracy 395 get this to where melee is 100% and force is 110%

Alacrity 0

once u have your crit and surge rating to where it read crit rating 30% and surge rating of 70% and force accuaracy to 110% then you go with power not before

TANK GUIDE

TANK-Kinetic Combat / Darkness

Spec: 37/5/4

TANK Stats

Quote:

3523 Endurance

860 Shield Chance

1152 Absorption no no no

527 Defense Chance

0 Accuracy / Alacrity

stack Defense before anything else defense is a Guarantee you dont take damage abortion and shield chance is a roll of the dice on how much damage u take if your defense is up high you have a higher change to dodge the attack i run as a tank and DPS and when i am running as spec for DPS and i see a tank that has the stats stated here i kick him from group and find another tank or just tank it myself. now when i am running as tank spec and i see a DPS assassin come in with those states above i give him a little chance but they normally dont last long