So when do we get open world PvP?

Mrcheezle

When can we expect to see the Mythic team's 2nd attempt to offer us open world PvP. This game was billed and sold as offering open world PvP, yet there wasn't and still isn't any.

Instead of closing this thread, I'd like a BW employee to answer me this. What's the difference between a "PvE" server and a so-called "PvP" server.

Really isn't a whole lot of difference between a PvE and PvP server, except the fact when you finally do run into the opposing faction you can't kill them.

And yeah the open world PvP in this game is really bad... I didn't experience much open world PvP with any sort of regularity until Quesh, and even then it was blotchy at best.

I think Bioware made a mistake by splitting up the factions on different planets with different instances, for example Taris, and Balmorra.

On my server the imps out number us about 1 to 50 (being conservative)

How would open world pvp even work?

The community itself ended any chance at open world pvp by rolling imperial in mass.

The only solution would be guild based open pvp (totally against SW lore; but fine with me)

or

Flat Open Free Transfers from Imperial to Republic with some kind of really nice benefit like free WarHero gear.

Anything short of a HUGE inducement without penalty to switch factions means NO OPEN WORLD PVP.

This really isn't BW's fault, its every Imperials fault.

If I were BW I'd do this sooner rather than later.

Edited by VoidJustice

This really isn't BW's fault, its every Imperials fault.

If I were BW I'd do this sooner rather than later.

No, it's Bioware's fault. In every game, there is a tendency for players to lean to the bad guys. To compensate for that, there needs to be incentives for players to roll good guys. Nothing that would imbalance gameplay. But at least make the Republic armor and abilities not look terrible. The differences between the two factions favors Empire.

Developers do a really poor job of this sort of faction balancing. WAR was the worst. Order wore potato sacks for endgame armor, Chaos wore castles. Advantage: Chaos.

Edited by Sevvy

Look at the 3 awesome cinematics they made. Most of the time it's lame looking Jedis getting skewered by Darth Malgus.

Can't believe no-one at BW piped up and said, "... shouldn't we have some Sith being sliced and diced for a change?..."

As for open world PvP. If the game engine starts getting laggy when only playing 12v12, I wouldn't hold your hopes up.

I just dont get this.

Your saying you want open world PvP. Yet nobody uses the open world PvP we currently have. So are you asking the devs to invest time in adding more things people don't use?

Look I am not saying what we have is perfect, but its there and NOBODY uses it.

There is never a single person in the Tat PvP area. You never see people flagged PvP in areas were you can come accross the enemies. And ilum well same thing. There are like 10 people on one side playing NASCAR around the arms.

So why add more things people dont want? I just dont understand what you hope to achive. If people were crowded into epic area battles then I could understand wanting more. But its not like that.

When can we expect to see the Mythic team's 2nd attempt to offer us open world PvP. This game was billed and sold as offering open world PvP, yet there wasn't and still isn't any.

Instead of closing this thread, I'd like a BW employee to answer me this. What's the difference between a "PvE" server and a so-called "PvP" server.

I don't think you even know what open world pvp is. Real open world pvp doesn't need to be "offered" because it's not structured and there's no "rewards."

If you want to kill the opposite faction so badly, go get in your ship and go to a planet and kill them. I recommend Belsavis or Corellia, where there are dailies that the opposite faction might be doing.