A Day in the Life of Snipers and Gunslingers

DanielSteed

Holo-Locate - Activating this ability marks your current location for 10 minutes. When this ability is activated again, if you are within 60 meters of the marked location, you instantly return to the marked location. Holo-locate goes on cooldown for 120 seconds when used to return to the marked location.

Evasion finishes the cooldown of Covered Escape and increases you and your allies’ movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds.

Activating Covered Escape or returning to your marker with Holo-Locate makes your next Ambush activate instantly and deal 20% more damage.

I have no words... that's insane. Sniper FOT3Year.

We’re in the middle of a heated PvP match, and an enemy player has spotted our Marksmanship Sniper, who’s firing off shots from a distance. The enemy player charges toward our Sniper, who places their Holo-Locate marker and fires a few shots at the incoming enemy player. As the enemy player reaches their feet, our Sniper uses Covered Escape to quickly roll away. Thanks to our B-0 Differential Targeting System, not only does the next Ambush do additional damage, but it’s now an instant cast. This allows our Sniper to fire off a one-two combo of Ambush and Followthrough, all while on the run!

Now that they’re positioned closer to the main fight, our Sniper opts to use Evasion, which has three benefits. Our Sniper now has 200% chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks--allowing them to get back to safety—and thanks to the Repositioned Set Bonus, Evasion also refreshes the cooldown of Covered Escape and gives bonus movement speed to our Sniper’s teammates.

The rival player hasn’t given up the chase yet and is hot on our Sniper’s heels. Much to the enemy player’s displeasure, Covered Escape is used again to avoid them, and they’re hit with another Ambush/Followthrough combo. They try attacking our Sniper one more time, but just as the enemy player is nearly within reach, our Sniper uses Holo-Locate to teleport back to where this chase originally started. Firing off another Ambush and Followthrough combination, our Sniper reminds the enemy player they’ll always remain out of their reach.

Yeah.... so unlike any scenario I've ever seen in PVP.

More like CC sniper and watch him/her get annihilated by 3-4 melee classes. buzzing around like angry hornets. rinse and repeat until sniper = dead.

----

I think relocating will be fun, but is a completely idiotic thing to give to snipers and gunslingers. - I'd much rather they gave them +10M range on all attacks and left it there.

Anyways, time will tell, I expect there'll be a flood of PVP-ers complaining about balance soon enough.

Real question is will you ever fix the glaring hole that is force abilities against snipers. Dodge and roll do nothing against these effectively making them a meme especially against Burst Sage/ Sorcs because they only have probe which is a meme and ballistic shield which will not save them.

Real question is will you ever fix the glaring hole that is force abilities against snipers. Dodge and roll do nothing against these effectively making them a meme especially against Burst Sage/ Sorcs because they only have probe which is a meme and ballistic shield which will not save them.

What? Roll gives complete immunity. Dodge is only white damage. If it worked against yellow damage it would be totally broken.