Scheduled Maintenance: September 4th, 2013 [UPDATE: Servers Available]

AmberGreen

Trust me, I know what a hard days work is more than most people being an Iraq combat vet, and now a highway painter, I have been working 12-15 hours every night for the past 6 weeks, 6 days a week and only have about an hour or two of free time a day, and i balance the time between my girlfriend and this game. I don't like that the servers are down longer than expected, but I have played MMO's for a few years now and I know what to expect. Its not as if they can exempt us paying customers from server down time and put all the down time on the F2P people. There are better things to get your underwear in a bunch over like how the game freezes and the audio gets really jumpy and annoying going into a loading screen for about ten seconds before un-freezing, this happens EVERYTIME!!! (or is that just me?)

What makes you think any indie MMO is a major company, and even they know what theyr doing?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we please get some information on why the downtime is extended. I understand that these things happen, i am not bothered so much about the extension as the lack of communication about it. I read that we would be updated on the twitter feed, here is a brief version of what we have

7hr ago - down for maintenance for 4 hours (standard notification)

3hr ago - extended for 30min no info why (is only 30min so ok)

2hr ago - extended no eta (annoying but ok things happen)

1hr ago - working to bring servers up as soon as possible (ok at this point is just plain aggravating)

I would hardly call this keeping us updated. This is us just being told wait and it will be done when it's done, this is not an update.

Something along the lines of, we are working to resolve issue xxxxxx which is causing xxxxxx, and hope to have things up and running as soon as possible would be an update. That way we would know what is causing the problem and actually be given decent info on the reasons why this is happening.

Whereas what we are given is basically nothing, it is the online equivalent of when kids are pestering their parents for something and they are told they will get it later. No reason why, no description of what is happening nothing.

As I said before, it could be HARDWARE since EA likes to buy the crappiest hardware for server. All their online games have the worst servers ever.

All theyr games? Most of theyr games are run through third party services which arnt crap, and the majority have dedicated servers?

I'm just waiting for some dev to shut this thread down because we are talking about how they are stealing our money, makes sense right? that's freedom for you.

How are they stealing our money if you personally are paying them? Sounds like normal business to me. Or is it theft on a business now for you to buy gas for your car, then get stuck in traffic?

How are they stealing our money if you personally are paying them? Sounds like normal business to me. Or is it theft on a business now for you to buy gas for your car, then get stuck in traffic?

Makes no sense bro, we have no control over the traffic, the dev's have control of when we are allowed to play, think about your post before you hit enter