Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well happy new years my fellow screwd over by this bug knights! Heres to another month of waiting!

Hear, hear! Made myself another Knight now, not deleting the old one, but I'm not gonna stick around with my hands in my pockets if BioWare ain't telling us nothing. Might as well do everything over again, even though this sucks. I don't hate BioWare, and I won't be quitting the game, but they did just get some Affection loss from me, to put it that way.

I had this problem on my present Knight, I thought it odd that I didn't get any conversations with her. I can't remember when it happened in the story, but I boarded my ship, she had a conversation for me and it turned into one right after the other for 8-9 times.....there was some huge catch up lol. Since that point I've had several with her and I'm currently a level 41. I'm trying to remember when it happened, I want to say it was towards the end of act I. Not sure if this helps, but it was my personal experience

I had this problem on my present Knight, I thought it odd that I didn't get any conversations with her. I can't remember when it happened in the story, but I boarded my ship, she had a conversation for me and it turned into one right after the other for 8-9 times.....there was some huge catch up lol. Since that point I've had several with her and I'm currently a level 41. I'm trying to remember when it happened, I want to say it was towards the end of act I. Not sure if this helps, but it was my personal experience

Perhaps there is some unsaid specific action those affected have to do before the system "resets" the glitch

Would be awesome if something would fix this, but I haven't encountered anything yet, and I'm currently lvl 38, over 8000 affection, and no talking with Kira. And I don't want to progress any further on the Main Story either without this bug being fixed, as I don't want to miss out on anything. :(

Oh so THAT WAS the glitch ?

Cause indeed, she never spoke to me. And suddenly she had like 7 "talks" for me. (that made me level up xD)

I think she spoke again since that. But I'm using Doc now (no choice) so I can't verify she's fixed.

Cause indeed, she never spoke to me. And suddenly she had like 7 "talks" for me. (that made me level up xD)

I think she spoke again since that. But I'm using Doc now (no choice) so I can't verify she's fixed.

Using Doc because there is no choice?.. off topic i know but I don't like this idea of having to use a companion I've no interest in using :mad:

Can either of you that this happened to confirm that you finished the Defector (quest involving her brother) prior to December 27th? It would absolutely make my New Year if this was just ninja hotfixed...

I don't get it...You had the bug and then suddently it was fixed?

Can either of you that this happened to confirm that you finished the Defector (quest involving her brother) prior to December 27th? It would absolutely make my New Year if this was just ninja hotfixed...

Er... I don't remember, but I think it was before.

Actually if I remember correctly, she fixed herself not long after the Defector quest.

I've been lurking on this thread since its been in its teens. I was having a blast playing my Jedi Knight, with the exception of the lack of communication with Kira. When I got to the defector quest, despite being a lightside Jedi, I decided to pick the darkside flirt option, because I wanted to humanize my Jedi, and figured that darkside was the only way to romance her, it being the first flirt option to ever appear with her. She seemed to like my flirting, and everything suggested that it would be fine, and I'd be able to engage in an epic romance whilst saving the galaxy. But then, after another planet, nothing happened with her. I had no idea there was any sort of bug, and I just figured that perhaps I just had to get farther in the story. Thinking little of it at the time, I beat Tattoine, and was preparing to go to Alderann, when I noticed some people talking in general chat about a Kira Carson bug.

As they talked, my heart dropped, because what he was describing was exactly what I was experiencing. Kira Carson questline bugged, can't talk to her no matter what affection she's at, etc. I quit the game, and did a frantic google search to try and find the answer to whether my character's story was actually broken. I made it to this thread, and I read all 15 or so pages that were there at the time. I was extremely saddened by the fact that the character I had experienced so much with was bugged in a way that makes his story incomplete. But I took hope, because a dev post was there, in all its yellow glory, saying do not fret, for we shall fix the bug for new players in a few days, and a little bit longer to fix it for those already experiencing the bug. Unhappy, but satisfied, I proceeded to bookmark this thread, and decided to play on an alt for a few days.

Let's cut to over a week later. We hadn't heard anything from Bioware yet on the fix, and while I was unhappy with that, I still believed that they'd update their ETA any second now, or they would release the fix really soon. I had spent my game time working on a few alts, and occasionally going on my Jedi Knight, doing space missions and getting ahead in my crafting. Then the new patch comes out, and there is an ambiguously worded note saying that the Kira Carson quest has been fixed. Holding my breathe in suspense, I load up my game, go onto my Jedi knight, and look down at Kira Carson's portrait. And I see the "wants to talk to you" icon there. Excitedly, I rush back to my ship. As soon as I enter the hangar, my heart drops again. The icon's gone. Saddened again, I look to this thread for guidance. Surely a dev will have posted, explaining that this patch was to fix the bug for new players, and telling us when we can expect our fix. No such luck.

And now we cut to today. We haven't had any more communication from the devs, except for "we are working on it". My Knight has blue and purple gear made for the next ten levels, and I have bought all the ship commendation upgrades, well on my way to getting the random purple level 50 item box. I've gotten to level 36 before Alderann just from space combat. My main alt, which I just don't care about as much as my knight, is almost to where my Knight left off. I'm going back to university in a few days, and I won't have the time I do now to devote to this game, which I was in love with until the Kira bug. I'm seriously considering cancelling my subscription for this game if we don't get some communication on the issue. Just give me a ballpark ETA, Bioware. I wanna know whether I should just bite the bullet and reroll, or if I should wait just a little more and be able to continue my epic adventure. This is the worst experience I've ever had with Bioware. They were my favorite game company ever, but if they're going to treat all the players with benched characters like this, I don't know whether they deserve the praise I used to give them. Please Bioware, if you read this thread at all, hear me out: Talk to us! Tell us what you're doing to fix this bug. Tell us to stick with you just a little more, or tell us to reroll our characters because this isn't a high priority for you. I don't like being teased like this, and nobody else in this thread likes it either. We love your game, we've been anxiously awaiting to be able to play again, the least you could do is throw us a bone here.

P.S. The Taral V flashpoint gave me a huge spoiler too, so that was great.

IThis is the worst experience I've ever had with Bioware. They were my favorite game company ever, but if they're going to treat all the players with benched characters like this, I don't know whether they deserve the praise I used to give them. Please Bioware, if you read this thread at all, hear me out: Talk to us! Tell us what you're doing to fix this bug. Tell us to stick with you just a little more, or tell us to reroll our characters because this isn't a high priority for you. I don't like being teased like this, and nobody else in this thread likes it either. We love your game, we've been anxiously awaiting to be able to play again, the least you could do is throw us a bone here.

+100 to this.

Edited by TirJin_Meteos

This is the worst experience I've ever had with Bioware. They were my favorite game company ever, but if they're going to treat all the players with benched characters like this, I don't know whether they deserve the praise I used to give them. Please Bioware, if you read this thread at all, hear me out: Talk to us! Tell us what you're doing to fix this bug. Tell us to stick with you just a little more, or tell us to reroll our characters because this isn't a high priority for you. I don't like being teased like this, and nobody else in this thread likes it either. We love your game, we've been anxiously awaiting to be able to play again, the least you could do is throw us a bone here.

P.S. The Taral V flashpoint gave me a huge spoiler too, so that was great.

I feel you, bro, pretty much the same for me. :(

You probably were never bugged. As i said in an earlier post many companions progression is blocked until you get to a certain point in the main quest (usually end of Act I). Many of us are long past that point, however. I am about halfway through act II, lvl 40, and at 9700 affection with kira yet have only had 1 talk with her

Edited by Roarrk

I've been lurking on this thread since its been in its teens. I was having a blast playing my Jedi Knight, with the exception of the lack of communication with Kira. When I got to the defector quest, despite being a lightside Jedi, I decided to pick the darkside flirt option, because I wanted to humanize my Jedi, and figured that darkside was the only way to romance her, it being the first flirt option to ever appear with her.

I do not know what bearing my response will have but My first option to flirt with her came early. Like Ord mantell early. (As I used her there until I couldn't talk to the guy unless I had T7(then after I talked to him I moved right back to Kira)). That flirt option was in the middle, niether being light or dark and was met with a seemingly hesitant yet interested response from her.

To the ones that wanna "do it over" again, chosing the light side option... Well don't... I picked light side, and did all the quests up to the 10k one... You know, getting married.. :D Anyway, I finally hit the 10k mark and the "wanna talk on the ship" icon appeared.. I ran to the ship as instructed.. On the ship there was no quest to be found, and when I left the ship she dident wanna talk to me anymore... Havent seen the "Talk on ship" icon since... Wrote a ticket, got an automated response - nice...

Anyway.. In short... Don't reroll, you might end up bugged AGAIN...

I really wish i would have known about this before hand... this kinda ruins the most fun aspect of my game.....

btw, i just did the flirt option not even a week ago... whatever "fix" they implemented didnt work....

Edited by Cernnunnose

To the ones that wanna "do it over" again, chosing the light side option... Well don't... I picked light side, and did all the quests up to the 10k one... You know, getting married.. :D Anyway, I finally hit the 10k mark and the "wanna talk on the ship" icon appeared.. I ran to the ship as instructed.. On the ship there was no quest to be found, and when I left the ship she dident wanna talk to me anymore... Havent seen the "Talk on ship" icon since... Wrote a ticket, got an automated response - nice...

Anyway.. In short... Don't reroll, you might end up bugged AGAIN...

There's a seperate bug, where the "want to talk back on your ship" icon appears, even if they don't have a quest. To see if they really want to talk to you, you have to Right click them, and hear if they say that they want to talk to you in private.

There's a seperate bug, where the "want to talk back on your ship" icon appears, even if they don't have a quest. To see if they really want to talk to you, you have to Right click them, and hear if they say that they want to talk to you in private.

So many bugs related to companion discussions- Bioware should have realized thats 99% of the reason why people buy thier games hahaha

Aha.. What does this mean.. That I may not be bugged or? When i click her, she doesent wanna talk.. And i'm not sure she said she wanted to talk when i hit the 10k mark.

I really wish i would have known about this before hand... this kinda ruins the most fun aspect of my game.....

btw, i just did the flirt option not even a week ago... whatever "fix" they implemented didnt work....

Have you finished act I yet? She won't begin talking to even people who aren't bugged until after Act I

So many bugs related to companion discussions- Bioware should have realized thats 99% of the reason why people buy thier games hahaha

Honestly it's hardly a bug comparable to the Kira or the Doc one. It just incorrectly displays the icon that they want to talk even though they don't, it doesn't have any real affect on your companion or the quest. Just a UI bug.

If you haven't done "The Defector" before the patch on the 27th, you're good. They should put a sticky up top about known issues and at least state that they're working on it, but alas. They're just going to scare everyone away from Kira, or progressing on their Jedi. Again, it is fixed for new Jedi, or anyone that hasn't chosen the Dark Side/Flirt option prior to the patch.

DISCLAIMER: This information is from Bioware's patch notes on the 27th. SidisAran takes no responsibility for gamebreaking experiences resulting from Kira Carsen.

I've dealt with CCP, Turbine, Funcom, Trion and Blizzard, off the top of my head. I was able to get a proper response out of each of them. I've been a diehard Bioware fanboy for as long as I can remember, but this is really putting a strain on that.

Honestly it's hardly a bug comparable to the Kira or the Doc one. It just incorrectly displays the icon that they want to talk even though they don't, it doesn't have any real affect on your companion or the quest. Just a UI bug.

Okay okay.. I get it.. My bug is pretty harmless in the big scope of things.. But does it mean that the quest might appear all of the sudden.. Finishing act III or something?

There is a Doc companion bug? :-S I would hate to see the thread on that one although I will look just to be safe even though I do not care about Doc overmuch hah