Hardmode Pre requisites

Both normal and hard foundry require you to have completed boarding party. Normal boarding party is good enough for hard foundry. Aside from that, there are no prerequisites for flashpoints. I assume the same holds true for the republic side as well.

It does, a player must have completed Taral V (either normal or hardmode) before they can enter Maelstrom Prison

It does, a player must have completed Taral V (either normal or hardmode) before they can enter Maelstrom Prison
Yes. In addition, one has to have completed Taral V normal mode before one can enter Taral V in hard mode as well.

So to answer the original question, some hard mode flashpoints require their counterpart to be completed in normal mode, some don't.

And yes, it's very confusing as the game doesn't tell you which one requires what.

Edited by Glzmo

Yes. In addition, one has to have completed Taral V normal mode before one can enter Taral V in hard mode as well.

So to answer the original question, some hard mode flashpoints require their counterpart to be completed in normal mode, some don't.

And yes, it's very confusing as the game doesn't tell you which one requires what.

That is incorrect. I've never done Taral V normal mode but I've done the hardmode several times. When you first time get the quest for it, just abandon the [GROUP] Taral V quest and the droid will give you an option to go for hard mode. This applies to every other quest related flashpoint, you don't need to complete normal modes to enter any of the hard modes.

On a side note, assuming you are level 50 (which I suppose someone asking about hard modes is), you can pretty easily solo almost every normal mode FP in the game. I know as a level 46 player I solo'd up through Taral V without much problem. Struggled a bit with Maelstrom so dropped it, but am pretty sure as a lvl 50 that one would be no problem either.

Collocoid might not be possible solo due to the turret encounters. Not sure.

So that would leave only Red Reaper and Directive 7.