Winger's Dirty Fighting Video Guides

sir_shenanigans

Hi everyone! I am Captain Winger, a dirty fighting gunslinger on Jung Ma. I've been playing this game since launch and figure that I should give something back to the community. There are lots of new players around so I figure I should help them out and hopefully improve the quality of pvp matches.

I have made 2 videos which explain some important details on how to play a dirty fighting gunslinger.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgr9qVBcnQM

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhjqb2jGm0

IMHO dirty fighting is the BEST tree for gunslinger and snipers in PVP. It allows for the highest DPS, mobility and versatility in being able to fight and win against most other classes. I don't say much about why I think it is the best tree in the videos, so I'll say here that I have tried all three trees extensively and have found that for PVP, DF is the king. You don't have to worry about people line of sighting you as much because you only rely on wounding shots channels rather than aimed shots and charged bursts. You can be incredibly mobile and still do tons of damage, you can kite people, and you don't have to be a turret. I have hit 900k damage in a voidstar in this spec with lots of healers and idiots who stand in flybys, so trust me when I say you can pump out the damage in this spec. Furthermore, the burst from wounding shots is insane. People who tell you sharpshooter has higher burst than dirty fighting haven't watched someone melt after 1 channel of wounding shots.

The first video explains my spec and the second is a commentary on a Novarre Coast I played against an 8 man imp premade.

Finally, if you feel like watching me play more, I stream from time to time on twitchtv - http://www.twitch.tv/jayguyk01.

I will bump this thread when I stream to let people know when I'm live.

Cheers!

Edited by sir_shenanigans

Winger! My inspiration to make a Gunslinger! I played on Ven Zellow too and then transferred to Jung Ma. I made my main a Gunslinger ever since I watched you played on VZ. Are you back as a subscriber for good now?

I stick with Sharpshooter after trying out all 3 specs. I couldn't get Dirty Fighting to work right. Can you show a video of how you handle DPS Operatives and Assassins who jump on you as a DF? I found that I have a good fighting chance as a Sharpshooter against Operatives and Assassins, but not so much as Dirty Fighting.

My character name is Embery by the way, see you in game.

IMHO dirty fighting is the BEST tree for gunslinger and snipers in PVP. It allows for the highest DPS, mobility and versatility in being able to fight and win against most other classes. I don't say much about why I think it is the best tree in the videos, so I'll say here that I have tried all three trees extensively and have found that for PVP, DF is the king. You don't have to worry about people line of sighting you as much because you only rely on wounding shots channels rather than aimed shots and charged bursts. You can be incredibly mobile and still do tons of damage, you can kite people, and you don't have to be a turret. I have hit 900k damage in a voidstar in this spec with lots of healers and idiots who stand in flybys, so trust me when I say you can pump out the damage in this spec. Furthermore, the burst from wounding shots is insane. People who tell you sharpshooter has higher burst than dirty fighting haven't watched someone melt after 1 channel of wounding shots.

Cheers!

Sharpshooter has amazing burst and 40% accuracy reduction is actually very good group utility, not to mention I think that DF has awful energy management.

Edited by seefouruno
clarify

Winger! My inspiration to make a Gunslinger! I played on Ven Zellow too and then transferred to Jung Ma. I made my main a Gunslinger ever since I watched you played on VZ. Are you back as a subscriber for good now?

I stick with Sharpshooter after trying out all 3 specs. I couldn't get Dirty Fighting to work right. Can you show a video of how you handle DPS Operatives and Assassins who jump on you as a DF? I found that I have a good fighting chance as a Sharpshooter against Operatives and Assassins, but not so much as Dirty Fighting.

My character name is Embery by the way, see you in game.

Hey Embery. I remember you from VZ. I'm playing on and off and am subed right now. Been having a League of Legend binge lately. You should fight that dirty fighting is better than SS against assassins with DF because their combat stealth is rendered useless because of dot protection. You can also melt their defence because all of your damage is internal. Operatives are hard as DF, against a good one maybe unwinable. I'll post a video of some duels against assassins and ops (who I can beat from time to time)

Sharpshooter has amazing burst and 40% accuracy reduction is actually very good group utility, not to mention I think that DF has awful energy management.

The 45% accuracy debuff might be okay if the debuff lasted longer or the cooldown on the ability was shorter. IDK most classes do yellow damage and have 115% special attack accuracy on those attacks, so 45% debuff puts them at 70% special attack accuracy. So it helps, but meh.

DF has higher burst. Wounding shots channels are insane.

Please show duel videos of you as DF against Lursa (Scoundrel) and Tsukiyomi (Shadow) from <Credit Shot>. They are superb opponents. I know the game is not about 1v1. I just want to watch and learn how to react as DF when well-played stealth classes jump on you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think some general gameplay with tips would be a nice touch for future videos. And stats would be appreciated to.

I am also a Jung Ma'rian Raith/Reyer (Fellow Credit Shot member as well)

On Raith I run Marksman I feel you can stand back and just let the burst numbers come in continuously it does require alot of careful positioning all the time though.

I do love my dirty fighting though on both Chars (Raith = Gunslinger, Reyer = Scoundrel). Nice to see a good guide out there.

Cya in game buddy!