Manaan Starship Hook

LordFell

When you enter Manaan, there is a nice wide pad right behind where you enter the stronghold. As soon as I saw it, I knew... KNEW... that I was going to put a starship on that pad. It would look perfect. I didn't have a starship, but I crafted one...

It's a Center Piece Hook. I can't put a Starship there.

....please change this ASAP. I must put a Starship there. Must.

I did see that in another thread, so, at least I can put my starship in Manaan...

But that's not where I want it. It makes no sense to put a starship (presumably the one you arrived in) on an inaccessible roof.

Yeah. I stuck an Odessen turret thing up there. It fits surprisingly well.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah. I stuck an Odessen turret thing up there. It fits surprisingly well.

I stuck my starship there.

It's not where I want it.

...why isn't that big, starship sized pad a starship hook??? Why don't you want our strongholds to look good, EA/Bw?

• 3 weeks later...
Just a reminder...

That great big pad that looks perfect for putting a Starship on is still not a Starship Hook.

Please Remedy this ASAP.

Is there actually room for nine centerpiece hooks there? They say that one starship hook is the size of nine (three by three) centerpiece hooks.

I'd have to actually measure this in game, but I'm pretty confidant that it's big enough. The pad I'm talking about seems to be about the same size as the entry/exit pad on Tattooine which is a Starship pad.

...I should go measure and see.

Ok, so I did some measuring.

The concrete pad on Tattooine is a square 50 meters on a side, or 2500 square meters.

The concrete pad on Manaan is a circle with a 50 meter diameter, or ~2000 square meters.

...so, it's a bit smaller.

However, the lay-out of the pad in Manaan is a single Center Piece in the middle, with two Large Hooks on the 4 cardinal points. 9 Center Piece hooks would very nearly fit here; just a bit of the corners would bleed over the edge. Keeping in mind that the object that goes in the hook will be smaller than the hook anyways.

My starship can absolutely go here, and it will look amazing... just as soon as whoever is responsible for Manaan's hook design grabs a clue, and makes what is obviously intended to be a Starship landing pad hold a Starship hook so I can put a Starship there... because Starships.

Ok, so I did some measuring.

The concrete pad on Tattooine is a square 50 meters on a side, or 2500 square meters.

The concrete pad on Manaan is a circle with a 50 meter diameter, or ~2000 square meters.

...so, it's a bit smaller.

However, the lay-out of the pad in Manaan is a single Center Piece in the middle, with two Large Hooks on the 4 cardinal points. 9 Center Piece hooks would very nearly fit here; just a bit of the corners would bleed over the edge. Keeping in mind that the object that goes in the hook will be smaller than the hook anyways.

My starship can absolutely go here, and it will look amazing... just as soon as whoever is responsible for Manaan's hook design grabs a clue, and makes what is obviously intended to be a Starship landing pad hold a Starship hook so I can put a Starship there... because Starships.

OK, except for one thing. 50 metres isn't nearly big enough to accommodate the true size of the player's class ship. (Some time back, I measured the interiors of the ones where that's easy to do. The corridor across the back of a Fury, from the door at one end, down the corridor,through the central room, and out the corridor to the other door, measures 85 metres. That makes the ship bigger than a 747 or an A380. The Agent ship is long rather than wide, but comes out at about 80-85 metres long *inside*.)

In "reality"; the class ship decorations are only models of the starships, about 1/3 scale, so they *can* fit in a 50-metre square.

OK, except for one thing. 50 metres isn't nearly big enough to accommodate the true size of the player's class ship. (Some time back, I measured the interiors of the ones where that's easy to do. The corridor across the back of a Fury, from the door at one end, down the corridor,through the central room, and out the corridor to the other door, measures 85 metres. That makes the ship bigger than a 747 or an A380. The Agent ship is long rather than wide, but comes out at about 80-85 metres long *inside*.)

In "reality"; the class ship decorations are only models of the starships, about 1/3 scale, so they *can* fit in a 50-metre square.

If decos are 1/3 models, and an agent ship is 85 meters long inside... call that 90 meters outside... and then do that 1/3 scale, and suddenly we have a ship that's no longer than 30 meters (as a decoration).

The math checks out. Gimme my Starship hook!

After many people complained about how difficult it is to reach the Starship hook on Nar Shaddaa, I was surprised and disappointed that the Manaan starship hook is absolutely impossible to reach. You can't even use it, if you convert it into a hook combo.

I hope they give us one of those new shortcut speeders, so that we can reach those hooks!

A square starship hook wouldn't fit on the round pad in questions, though pretty much every decoration that goes on a starship hook would fit there. However, to avoid forcing people to block the gorgeous ocean view with a starship, they'd have to let it break down into other hook arrangements, in which case some hooks at the corner would end up hanging off the circular pad, leading to floating decorations, which they mostly try to avoid (if only we could move things on a z axis!). Still, I am mainly against making this a starship hook because the options for starship hooks are seriously limiting if you want to put smaller decorations down. Starships are fine, but people who have the stronghold already have put more intricate arrangements down by now. There's a lot more flexibility with 8 large hooks overlaid with small hooks, which can be modified to various medium/medium-narrow/small arrangements, than there would be with a starship hook.

I hope they give us one of those new shortcut speeders, so that we can reach those hooks!

Yes, or a grapple point to pull ourselves up there. I think these are the best options at this point. I really wish we could go up to and run around on the roof.

Still, I am mainly against making this a starship hook because the options for starship hooks are seriously limiting if you want to put smaller decorations down. Starships are fine, but people who have the stronghold already have put more intricate arrangements down by now.
I'm feeling limited because I want to put a Starship there.

...I mean, I would expect that a Starship hook should also convert back to a Center Piece + Large hooks.

I'm feeling limited because I want to put a Starship there.

...I mean, I would expect that a Starship hook should also convert back to a Center Piece + Large hooks.

This.

As Xina has requested multiple times, big hooks MUST have smaller hooks inside to allow for customization. Currently only Large hooks have that.

I completely disagree. Having it on the pad on the roof makes more sense. The Odessan command center looks ace up there too

Parking a starship on a roof never makes much sense to me unless it's like a really big structure. Manaan hardly qualifies for that. Besides, it barely fits there and you can't even get where it is. So how the heck are we supposed to be able to get in and out of that spaceship there?

It's just lazy design and hook placement. Now there is an alternate solution... The roof on the other side is actually much bigger and could be accessed from the roof balcony area. I wish they had made it accessible to begin with tbh.

As a sidenote the Manaan SH is also the only SH where you don't have access to all the rooms in the building.

If you go to a Manaan stronghold, and then exit to Manaan... the outside area is kind of similar to the outside area of our Manaan strongholds. When you do that, and go outside there... there's a similar pad to the one I'm talking about.

And you know what's on this pad?

A FREAKING STARSHIP IS ON THE PAD.

...which, I mean, this shouldn't a surprise to anyone. That someone would park a starship on what is obviously a starship pad.