Scourge and the Emperor

Geryboy

So I just finished reading Revan last night and having played the jk story a year ago and also the sw ones a little later I know that the jk only killed the voice of the emperor. That means so far Scourge's vision that lead him to betray Revan and the Exile was wrong. And I wonder if the emperor influenced Scourge witth wrong visions just like Palpatine did with Vader....

Or do you think the emperor will become an ops boss and his vision might be true in the end?

So far I only believe Scourge was the puppet of the emperor and the vision he had was the emperor controlling his mind to bring him Revan. He might have sensed that there's a powerful Jedi 300 years in the future and shared his face with Scourge to stage his death and plot further after having atttacked the Republic to catch them off guard.

Honestly, I think they realized the Sith Warrior story would have been extremely hollow had they let the JK kill the Emperor hence they came up with that email that cheapens both stories. It would have been better IMO if the Sith Warrior was told of the Emperor's death, but asked to maintain the illusion that he was the Wrath to keep the Dark Council and the Dread Masters in line.

Well Malgus and the Dreadmasters are going rogue in the end so they don't care about any illusion since tthere is no sign of the emperor whether or not the voice or the real guy was killed. I also don't like how easily the Exile was killed and how powerless she seemed against Xyriss. She had defeted Traya but once on Dromund Kaas she barley gets her act together and Revan was druged for years and then stops by the emperor to kill him by chance. That is all silly writing in the end.

Well Malgus and the Dreadmasters are going rogue in the end so they don't care about any illusion since tthere is no sign of the emperor whether or not the voice or the real guy was killed. I also don't like how easily the Exile was killed and how powerless she seemed against Xyriss. She had defeted Traya but once on Dromund Kaas she barley gets her act together and Revan was druged for years and then stops by the emperor to kill him by chance. That is all silly writing in the end.

You honestly believed Kreia to be that powerful? She's a sith knock off. Of course a full sith lord is gonna whoop the exiles ***. Meetra wasn't that powerful when compared to Revan, and revan wasn't all that powerful when compared to your TOR characters.

So logic says there is a steady increase of power as time moved on. Derp.

Honestly, I think they realized the Sith Warrior story would have been extremely hollow had they let the JK kill the Emperor hence they came up with that email that cheapens both stories. It would have been better IMO if the Sith Warrior was told of the Emperor's death, but asked to maintain the illusion that he was the Wrath to keep the Dark Council and the Dread Masters in line.
This would really only work if instead of having Malgus go rogue they had made Malgus replace the Emperor. Sure, Malgus isn't the "I'll consume the galaxy because I can" type of guy, but he may have made a decent head of state, if only to do a back and forth with the dark council. That way they would have also done something worthwhile with all the buildup they gave him instead of killing him off so soon.

The emperor is not dead for multiple reasons, it is stated by the last bit of story with kira, and in emails from the hand as a sw. also bioware wouldn't kill off the main bad guy straight away.

he was the voice, so a portaion of his true power and they kept making him weaker and weaker by the time your jedi gets to him (I mean making the voice weaker by too much power in the ritual and just having being killed by sw).

in terms of exile being killed off like that, I do also agree it was annoying as I would of liked to see her in action a bit more as she had a whole game on her, as for revans power being par with our characters, I think we are far from him power wise. as he was not at the emporers level but he could stand there in his presence and not be courpted. he could fight him for a little while too (he was never going to beat him 1v1 which is how it should be as good characters are not over powered and it's the main bad guy so he should be stronger then everyone else.)

He will come back as an opps boss but not for a long time unless they can find another vilian of such power to fill in the gap. as for scourge not knowing about the voice and so on. we can only speculate. as no story has come from bioware. He wasn't there so I just assume that is why. and maybe the version of the emporer that turned jk evil for a time was him as he was a different character model compared to the end of jk.

The emperor is not dead for multiple reasons, it is stated by the last bit of story with kira, and in emails from the hand as a sw. also bioware wouldn't kill off the main bad guy straight away.

he was the voice, so a portaion of his true power and they kept making him weaker and weaker by the time your jedi gets to him (I mean making the voice weaker by too much power in the ritual and just having being killed by sw).

in terms of exile being killed off like that, I do also agree it was annoying as I would of liked to see her in action a bit more as she had a whole game on her, as for revans power being par with our characters, I think we are far from him power wise. as he was not at the emporers level but he could stand there in his presence and not be courpted. he could fight him for a little while too (he was never going to beat him 1v1 which is how it should be as good characters are not over powered and it's the main bad guy so he should be stronger then everyone else.)

He will come back as an opps boss but not for a long time unless they can find another vilian of such power to fill in the gap. as for scourge not knowing about the voice and so on. we can only speculate. as no story has come from bioware. He wasn't there so I just assume that is why. and maybe the version of the emporer that turned jk evil for a time was him as he was a different character model compared to the end of jk.

This has nothing to do with the thread. He asked about Scourges vision. He knew the emperor was still alive.

Scourge saw the jedi kill the body that he knew the emperor to be inhabiting. That happened. He may not have known the emperor could survive that or may simply have misinterpreted the dream. It may not have been as literal as he thought, although it would appear that the emperor very nearly didn't survive. Also, we're only 3 chapters into this story. We don't know who will kill the emperor permanently in the end, but I bet someone does. It may well be the jedi knight. We haven't seen enough story to know whether Scourge was right or wrong. I'm very glad that it wasn't that easy to kill the emperor. It would have made Revan look like a chump. Edited by errant_knight

It wasn't just the e-mail. The Sith Warrior himself encounters the emperor's voice on Voss and is commanded to kill him, to free the emperor since the voss voice's body is trapped in a location. This is an entire game event and interactive scene long before the post game e-mail.

From that point the gaps would suggest the emperor inhabits another voice, but the lore suggests it takes the emperor time to adapt to a new voice, that would lend itself to the JK killing the emperor's voice since he may even be in a weakened state.

Edited by Alandross