Why aren’t all class spec gear drops distributed equally ?

TrixxieTriss

Is it just me or did I read the patch notes incorrectly.

I noticed that some specs will have tactical’s and gear drop from two flash points and an operation. While other specs will have it from one flash point, one operation and conquest reward.

Why isn’t it an equal distribution and each spec has one flash point, one operation and conquest reward?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

like which ones? I see in the notes that some drop from just an operation, some from just a flashpoint, just heroics, etc. which ones drop from both flashpoint and an operation?

Either I didn’t write it properly or you misunderstand.

Here is an example. Some specs are like this :

Spec A

Tactical A. Drops from flashpoints

Tactical B. Drops from flashpoints

Tactical C. Drops from operations

Spec B

Tactical A. Drops from flashpoints

Tactical B. Drops from operations

Tactical C. Drops from conquest

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I noticed that some specs will have tactical’s and gear drop from two flash points and an operation. While other specs will have it from one flash point, one operation and conquest reward.

Why isn’t it an equal distribution and each spec has one flash point, one operation and conquest reward?

That part had me baffled as well. Seems rather odd that they would take that approach. Not that big of a deal from my point of view, just odd.

Edited by Pirana

That part had me baffled as well. Seems rather odd that they would take that approach. Not that big of a deal from my point of view, just odd.

Ok, consider this. You are a pvper and dont play ops or flash points, but do participate in conquest. But only some specs get a drop from conquest and others don’t. Does that means you only play the spec with the conquest drop?

Why not just make a conquest drop for each spec?

It would be reasonable and logical to just set it up so each spec can get a drop from a flashpoint an op or a conquest drop.

My understanding is that the drop is not exclusive to playing certain content. I quote their patch note: "Source: This shows where you can work specifically on acquiring this set. Note that all sets can technically drop anywhere in the game, this section covers specific places that it drops as well..."

The places which they stated is just places where there is an increased chance of getting that particular item. It provides more focus for people going for that particular item to focus on that content play. But that item can drop anywhere in the game but with a lower chance.

Of course the main issue lies in what is a lower chance? If it is just a 0.001% chance it will drop in content other than specified of an increased chance of drop, then in effect it is as good as exclusive to the content specified.

Not only that, but it seems none of the ops will have direct drops like they used to.....so its all pure rng. Screw this crap.

My understanding is that the drop is not exclusive to playing certain content. I quote their patch note: "Source: This shows where you can work specifically on acquiring this set. Note that all sets can technically drop anywhere in the game, this section covers specific places that it drops as well..."

The places which they stated is just places where there is an increased chance of getting that particular item. It provides more focus for people going for that particular item to focus on that content play. But that item can drop anywhere in the game but with a lower chance.

Of course the main issue lies in what is a lower chance? If it is just a 0.001% chance it will drop in content other than specified of an increased chance of drop, then in effect it is as good as exclusive to the content specified.

Yup understood it like this too, the biggest concern I have is that like in the old days the guardian might roll on my healing stuff too because "hey I have twinks"... so if it is a rare drop that would really be nasty :o

Well, a fair question. Still remember once 6.0 is played by the masses anything is subject to change as more play and see how things play out. So once you've played for a day or two worth bring this up again even more so if a lot of other players share your concern.

However as some have pointed out gear can drop from anywhere but these areas drop that gear more often. Other areas drop that gear rarely

Edited by DreadtechSavant

It doesn't seem fair, but to quote one of my favourite tv-shows of all time:

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.

-Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

It doesn't seem fair, but to quote one of my favourite tv-shows of all time:

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.

-Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

So many brilliant quotes from Babylon 5. This is just one of so many but very nicely stated and appropriate here.

So once you've played for a day or two worth bring this up again even more so if a lot of other players share your concern.

Nah, after day or two, we will be too busy playing new story, leveling alts, farming new gear, etc. Now there is a window of opportunity while we wait for servers to go online. :D

Ok, consider this. You are a pvper and dont play ops or flash points, but do participate in conquest. But only some specs get a drop from conquest and others don’t. Does that means you only play the spec with the conquest drop?

Why not just make a conquest drop for each spec?

It would be reasonable and logical to just set it up so each spec can get a drop from a flashpoint an op or a conquest drop.

I completely agree. The first thing I thought of when I saw the various ways to gain gear was that people are essentially being forced to play certain aspects of the game they may not want to. This isn't 'play your way' if you want a specific item and don't play that spec or content.

It's important to read carefully with these things. I'll give an example of one of the sets listed in the patch notes.

Source: Increased drop chance from defeating Flashpoint bosses.

Now look at that carefully. Does it say this is only available via Flashpoint bosses?

I completely agree. The first thing I thought of when I saw the various ways to gain gear was that people are essentially being forced to play certain aspects of the game they may not want to. This isn't 'play your way' if you want a specific item and don't play that spec or content.

Technically, everything has a chance to drop everywhere, and there are no guaranteed drops, so playing certain aspects of game benefits you only with somewhat higher chance to drop specific item, while you can still play whatever you want to earn new currency to purchase item you want directly (if the vendor has it).

Technically, everything has a chance to drop everywhere, and there are no guaranteed drops, so playing certain aspects of game benefits you only with somewhat higher chance to drop specific item, while you can still play whatever you want to earn new currency to purchase item you want directly (if the vendor has it).

You are correct.

Again with the gearing... there are vendors that sell gear you want. If you don't get drops you need, you can spend tech frags & credits. If you get a good drop on one toon and not on the alt you need it on, no problem as every single piece of gear is legacy bound.

Just follow the basic concept of leveling to 306 before buying set bonus shells and almost all your gear rolls and drops will be high enough to fill them with mods. I'm not saying it's super fast, but it is not time gated, and RNG can be mitigated at any point if you have the frags & credits.

Again with the gearing... there are vendors that sell gear you want. If you don't get drops you need, you can spend tech frags & credits. If you get a good drop on one toon and not on the alt you need it on, no problem as every single piece of gear is legacy bound.

Just follow the basic concept of leveling to 306 before buying set bonus shells and almost all your gear rolls and drops will be high enough to fill them with mods. I'm not saying it's super fast, but it is not time gated, and RNG can be mitigated at any point if you have the frags & credits.

If you read the patch notes you would see not all the sets are on the vendor. Also, those sets come with zero mods while being stupid expensive. The other vendors are pure RNG so they are the furthest thing from "rng protection."

It blows my mind that anyone is actually defending this garbage.

If you read the patch notes you would see not all the sets are on the vendor. Also, those sets come with zero mods while being stupid expensive. The other vendors are pure RNG so they are the furthest thing from "rng protection."

Please can you quote me where it says not all sets are available from vendors? I read it and can't find mention of it. If you're talking about Kai Zykken, yeah, he's rng on what's available, but the class specific vendors next door, and I'm reading the list on the actual agent vendor right now, appears to be complete. I was a little surprised at the empty shells also, but after running to gear up to 306 I had a lot of mods, and rolled the rest from Takana for less than 2k tech frags. Not perfect rolls by a long shot, but stats were reasonable to clear any ops i tried at the time.

Please can you quote me where it says not all sets are available from vendors? I read it and can't find mention of it. If you're talking about Kai Zykken, yeah, he's rng on what's available, but the class specific vendors next door, and I'm reading the list on the actual agent vendor right now, appears to be complete. I was a little surprised at the empty shells also, but after running to gear up to 306 I had a lot of mods, and rolled the rest from Takana for less than 2k tech frags. Not perfect rolls by a long shot, but stats were reasonable to clear any ops i tried at the time.

Try reading the patch notes. Here are all the set bonuses/Tacticals that are specifically noted in the patch notes as NOT being available on the Tech Fragment Vendors:

Dying Precision

Preserver

A Breath of Fresh Air

Biorhythm

Krall's Accord

Luck Always Changes

Force Bound (but it's craftable so there's that)

Culling Blade (the one I actually wanted for my Sentinel too, so of course EAWare won't let me actually buy it)

Undying Cloak (craftable)

Flawless Riposte

Embrace the Pain (craftable)

The Controller (also craftable)

Endless Offensive

Escape Artist (another craftable)

Outlaws Parlay

Technical Debt (craftable)

Authority

Combat Medic Training (craftable)

Woad's Instinct (craftable)

Apex Predator

Missle Backblast (craftable)

Veteran Ranger

Neural Trigger (craftable)

Edited by AscendingSky

I have asked in another thread if Bioware could please tell us what the difference in percentage is to get the drop in a specific area compared to everywhere else.

Of course I don’t actually expect them to tell us because it’s probably a massive difference. But I would still like to know so I’m not wasting my time playing crap I don’t want to play.

It's important to read carefully with these things. I'll give an example of one of the sets listed in the patch notes.

Source: Increased drop chance from defeating Flashpoint bosses.

Now look at that carefully. Does it say this is only available via Flashpoint bosses?

Please don’t condescend to me. I did read that and I’ve actually another thread asking bioware to disclose the “different” percentage between “increased drop chance” and “regular drop chance”.

It’s worthless without knowing what the different percentages are for the item to drop in other areas.

If it’s a 2% difference then all is fine. But if it’s a 99% difference then it might as well be an exclusive area drop.

It blows my mind that anyone is actually defending this garbage.

Exactly this ^^