Huge bug with Ataru Form

ProjectAwesome

then they are bad annis... i pull aggro though guard and have to force cammo constantly...

The pvp players of the server would disagree Hizoka.

And you obviously don't raid with a juggernaut tank, while they have alot of short comings, when using immortal/veng hybrid spec, they pull great single target agroo.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test as much as you want, if you can't play properly carnage will indeed seem inferior.

I regularly raid NM with marauders who have almost exactly the same gear as me, 2 of them infact.

both are anni, and both know how to play, as do I know how to play my carnage spec.

I pull far more agroo then they ever will.

I kill my infernal council boss considerably faster then them, taking into account various hp diffrences on bosses etc.

Carnage if played and geared correctly has infact quite a bit higher damage potential, of course the two marauders in my raid group are as stubborn as you in that they keep claiming anni is better dps.

What they fail to realise is that unlike them I actually have to use my force camo to drop agroo ;).

Back to the actual issue at hand, I have noticed this bug aswell, especially on gharj its noticeable, and my rep side sentinel just got to 40 today and got blade rush, and bug is even worse there, happens even on normal mobs.

Just FYI - you can't judge anni spec on infernal council as we can't pop our bezerk due to heals. Which kills a significant portion of dps for that spec.

So the fact that you can kill your council member faster in carnage spec than the equally geared marauders in your raid really doesn't mean much.

Just FYI - you can't judge anni spec on infernal council as we can't pop our bezerk due to heals. Which kills a significant portion of dps for that spec.

So the fact that you can kill your council member faster in carnage spec than the equally geared marauders in your raid really doesn't mean much.

QFT.

Did this Ataru form bug get fixed in 1.1.1? I really would like to try it out in PvE...

QFTx2

I also suspect that your annihilation spec friends might not be as good as you claim. I know for a fact that as annihilation spec I finish quicker than anyone else in my 16m group and when my fellow marauder was carnage spec he was finishing far slower than he is now as annihilation even without the use of berserk.

Here's a short set of DPS tests outside council highlighting the DPS that Annihilation can pull. I used the bottom corner companion timer to calculate DPS. I challenge any Carnage marauder to beat my 1759 DPS attempt with the same testing setup.

Note that I haven't specced into Defensive Forms and I don't use Cloak of Pain so being attacked isn't buffing my DPS in any way. My accuracy is capped so the fact that the mob is a lower level doesn't matter. You can also test the numbers if you'd like but as far as I could tell the boss mobs in EV/KP have the same base Armor as this mob. I found my hits weren't lower or higher than in actual raids. It's safe to say it's a fairly accurate testing setup.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4A02FA5847B90264

P.S. - Don't mind the music. I just added random instrumental music so it wasn't complete silence.

Edited by Tumri

Not that I know of but it isn't a game-breaking bug.

Just stand closer than max-melee range.

Alright, I suppose its worth a try. But I'll miss the bleeds keeping up my damage when I have to be off target, and all those amazing interrupts.

I think he said he tested numerous time, and not in raid situation.

• 3 weeks later...
Cant believe I found this thread buried on page 18, this needs to stay at the top. It's been a full month since devs said they would investigate the issue, but I havent heard any ETA or updates yet. This bug puts us carnage marauders at a huge disadvantage in operations. How hard could it be to make ataru form proc range = melee range?

Well i have yet to experience these issues, my dps hasn't dropped as low as you'd expect...

You guys also have to factor in accuracy... I have 109% white accuracy when carnage spec, giving me a 1% miss chance on bosses. That's only for our main hand however... Offhands still have like an 80% hit chance.

Massacre will "guarantee" an ataru form proc but that does not "guarantee" that the strike will land successfully, that's still up to accuracy. Which is why accuracy is very very important to marauders, especially the carnage tree.

Not only do you have to have the attack actually hit the boss, you need to wait for the animation. If your guy doesn't have time to make the offhand swing then you're not getting your bloodfrenzy.

If i don't get my bloodfrenzy then i messed up and didn't wait to let my ataru strike connect, or it missed. Half the time the numbers are up over a giant bosses head so i don't see actual number. But i never have a problem getting my bloodfrenzy buff, just a problem gaining fury fast enough.

This isn't an accuracy issue. It's real easy to test. This has only recently become a problem for me since I didn't start doing operations until 2 weeks ago, and this isnt really an issue in flashpoints. When I first saw this thread I assumed the bug would be fixed by the time I started raiding. Would really like to hear an update from the devs, considering they posted in this thread saying they would investigate the issue.

You guys also have to factor in accuracy... I have 109% white accuracy when carnage spec, giving me a 1% miss chance on bosses. That's only for our main hand however... Offhands still have like an 80% hit chance.

So what you're trying to say is you really have no idea about combat mechanics.

Well i have yet to experience these issues, my dps hasn't dropped as low as you'd expect...

Massacre will "guarantee" an ataru form proc but that does not "guarantee" that the strike will land successfully, that's still up to accuracy. Which is why accuracy is very very important to marauders, especially the carnage tree.

Not only do you have to have the attack actually hit the boss, you need to wait for the animation. If your guy doesn't have time to make the offhand swing then you're not getting your bloodfrenzy.

If i don't get my bloodfrenzy then i messed up and didn't wait to let my ataru strike connect, or it missed. Half the time the numbers are up over a giant bosses head so i don't see actual number. But i never have a problem getting my bloodfrenzy buff, just a problem gaining fury fast enough.

Um.. It's not a ACC issue. Go Fight a Huge boss and stand in melee max range and use Mass u'll see ur ataru form proc from Mass wont proc.

• 1 month later...
QFTx2

Here's a short set of DPS tests outside council highlighting the DPS that Annihilation can pull. I used the bottom corner companion timer to calculate DPS. I challenge any Carnage marauder to beat my 1759 DPS attempt with the same testing setup.

Note that I haven't specced into Defensive Forms and I don't use Cloak of Pain so being attacked isn't buffing my DPS in any way. My accuracy is capped so the fact that the mob is a lower level doesn't matter. You can also test the numbers if you'd like but as far as I could tell the boss mobs in EV/KP have the same base Armor as this mob. I found my hits weren't lower or higher than in actual raids. It's safe to say it's a fairly accurate testing setup.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4A02FA5847B90264

P.S. - Don't mind the music. I just added random instrumental music so it wasn't complete silence.

It appears this video is no longer available as it's marked private...

You're so incredibly wrong I cannot possibly begin to explain how bad you are.

Also, this needs to be addressed. maxmeleerangeisbestmeleerange.jpg

umm, not really, carnage is below anni until 1.2 at least, the only thing your doing in pretending its not so is being a detriment to your guild.