Rakghoul Event is NOT Returning

Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First the devs said the Rakghoul event would be returning. Now, in today's livestream, they said it will not be returning.

Is everyone who didn't participate in the Rakghoul event (or only one side of it) now screwed on the "Sharp Dresser" title? The Republic Containment Officer outfit is the last one I need for it.

Incompetent devs give mixed messages to TOR community, news at 11.

Edited by Ugolino
sdfds

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards. But not within the near term set of updates.

If you have any cards, there isn't a better time to play them than now. The community is flipping out, and rightly so.

If you have any cards, there isn't a better time to play them than now. The community is flipping out, and rightly so.

"rightly so" lol

entitlement at it's finest. #mmoplayers

seriously though yeah you pay your monthly sub like most of us and yeah you have your opinion but some people on here and the stream are just children. Mistakes happen, bad times come with the good, move on.

Edited by iimagiicii

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards

Like all the other things that never come...

"We would like..." = we never will do it

Ahh sarcasm, you double edged blade. We suggested that it couldn't possibly return because the plague has been contained. What are the odds, right? Truth is, we were all dripping with sarcasm, and just trying to have a bit of fun! Sorry for any resulting confusion.

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards. But not within the near term set of updates.

I"m not sure how people missed the sarcasm. You couldn't have been any more sarcastic if you tried. Thanks for the chat today. The live stuff is nice and I'd like to see it more.

"rightly so" lol

seriously though yeah you pay your monthly sub like most of us and yeah you have your opinion but some people on here and the stream are just children. Mistakes happen, bad times come with the good, move on.

Move on, keep feeding the cartel machine, yep, it's TOR as usual.

Ahh sarcasm, you double edged blade. We suggested that it couldn't possibly return because the plague has been contained. What are the odds, right? Truth is, we were all dripping with sarcasm, and just trying to have a bit of fun! Sorry for any resulting confusion.

After painstakingly restoring (whatever the name of the ship was) to its former glory it is ready for its voyage out of Tatooine... Only to find that the virus is still present amongst some of the compartments. Disaster Strikes! the ship crashes and the outbreak spreads once more...

Storyline written, lets ship it with Update 2.2.2 :D

Edited by Solar_Breeze

So you're saying there is a new double edged sword being added to the loot table for the rakghoul plague event called Sarcasm? Sweet. What's it look like?

+1 internets for you. I snorted coffee on my keyboard.

We could easily see the Rakghoul plague storyline continued in an effort to re-establish control over Taris, through a 3rd shared imperial/republic phase of the planet. There could be a continued need for Rakghoul DNA for a new recurring event or expansion.

It could be an unlock-over-time event where new buildings/elements on Taris are built/unlocked through both PVP and PVE activities. This would build up an imperial city (75th Legion Forward Camp) and a republic city (Olaris) on the surface of Taris. New portions would be unlocked based on server progress. PVP could unlock/improve city defences and troops. PVE could improve infrastructure, science facilities (anti-rakghoul defences), and food sources.

PVP raids/quests relating to the cities could involve infecting PVP-enabled players and NPCs. This would require more/new rakghoul DNA to produce stronger 'plague weapons'.

Taris was important to the original KoTOR, it'd be nice to see it be a frontline battle and be more than an eternal wasteland. This could probably be an expansion if enough new PVE questing and PVP zones were added.

Edited by RAZIM

Quick, someone get this yellow-text using a mod a medal. I think this is the best post I've seen on the forums ever.

:D

When it does return, could you possibly have it happen on a different Planet and not on Tatooine again?

"rightly so" lol

Don't pull 'entitlement' on me. I am more withdrawn from this game than anyone else at the moment in this thread, these changes and delays affect me in no way whatsoever. The fact is that they told us 2.2 was coming on the 11th. This was speculation, a schedualed date. Yet they kept with that date until the very last moment, at which they announced not only was 2.2 itself delayed, Paid Transfers wouldn't even be coming in the delayed patch. Furthermore, they completely ignore PvP'ers in the live QA and push back the theorized return of the Rakghoul event. As I said, I'm seeing these happenings from afar. They don't affect me at the moment and thus I'm not using 'in the moment' anger/frustration. I'm looking at these events with a clear head, and seeing just how many mistakes this took to happen. Why you think your mistaken opinions are worthy of being shoved in the face of someone you know nothing of is completely beyond me. People do think they're entitled to a lot of things at a lot of times in this game. This is not one of those times. This is not players feeling 'entitled', this is the community slapping BW for slipping on four banana peels at once. BW messed up bad, here. Whether or not you can see that is not my problem.. I can only hope the devs learn something from this, like checking their program earlier than the day before the patch launches...

Edited by idnewton

I was a person who was not able to play the game during this event and would like to either have it return, or be able to earn the items it had some other way.

All events should be designed to be re-playable. Please bring at least the items back for another event.

We suggested that it couldn't possibly return because the plague has been contained.

Then explain the Rakghoul Flashpoint. ;)

Edited by DarthVengeant

Considering you do not produce or maintain a transcript of your Livestreams, you should realise that any inflection of your voice is lost in text.

I remember reading in a yellow text that only achievable items will be added to the achievement system. I believe this was the reason to remove the older large mounts, sorry can't remember their name. So then why is the Raghoul Event Gear set in the achievement if it is not even planned to return any time soon? No offence to anyone but maybe in a year does not constitute "currently available" for me. Just because back then I did not have an imperial character to run the quest for the gear now I can't complete the achievement and it bothers me a lot.... At the very least would like to have some sort of idea what to expect... or if I should even expect it this year at all... Edited by CrashDDL

We could easily see the Rakghoul plague storyline continued in an effort to re-establish control over Taris, through a 3rd shared imperial/republic phase of the planet. There could be a continued need for Rakghoul DNA for a new recurring event or expansion.

It could be an unlock-over-time event where new buildings/elements on Taris are built/unlocked through both PVP and PVE activities. This would build up an imperial city (75th Legion Forward Camp) and a republic city (Olaris) on the surface of Taris. New portions would be unlocked based on server progress. PVP could unlock/improve city defences and troops. PVE could improve infrastructure, science facilities (anti-rakghoul defences), and food sources.

PVP raids/quests relating to the cities could involve infecting PVP-enabled players and NPCs. This would require more/new rakghoul DNA to produce stronger 'plague weapons'.

Taris was important to the original KoTOR, it'd be nice to see it be a frontline battle and be more than an eternal wasteland. This could probably be an expansion if enough new PVE questing and PVP zones were added.

This would be awesome beyond measure, I have been rooting for OW PvP system just like this for over 6 months now...

I remember reading in a yellow text that only achievable items will be added to the achievement system. I believe this was the reason to remove the older large mounts, sorry can't remember their name. So then why is the Raghoul Event Gear set in the achievement if it is not even planned to return any time soon? No offence to anyone but maybe in a year does not constitute "currently available" for me. Just because back then I did not have an imperial character to run the quest for the gear now I can't complete the achievement and it bothers me a lot.... At the very least would like to have some sort of idea what to expect... or if I should even expect it this year at all...

Did you not read through the thread at all?