Swapping mods from gear/set bonuses

Can anyone clarify what happens to the set bonuses when you take mods out of gear - specifically Battle Master and War Hero - and put them in normal, Orange gear?

I'd heard that you don;t keep the BM bonuses ... but do with WH?

Also, what's the deal when it comes to swapping PvE gear mods?

Thanks in advancee.

Can anyone clarify what happens to the set bonuses when you take mods out of gear - specifically Battle Master and War Hero - and put them in normal, Orange gear?

I'd heard that you don;t keep the BM bonuses ... but do with WH?

Also, what's the deal when it comes to swapping PvE gear mods?

Thanks in advancee.

I have not had enough high level gear to start testing, but any gear that came out after 1.2 launched ( War Hero and Campaign/Black Hole) has the set bonus on the armoring and therefore it will transfer with it. Anything prior to 1.2 has it on the piece and will not transfer set bonus when moved ( battlemaster and rakata)

From the original 1.2 patch notes:

•Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.

From the original 1.2 patch notes:

•Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.

Greetings UltimateKrucible!

We just wanted to give you some additional information to the above that was helpfully quoted from the patch notes for Game Update 1.2 which you can locate in our Developer Tracker:

While you can follow the rule of "gear that is new in 1.2 or later has the set bonus on the mods," there are also a couple ways to tell if a set bonus will transfer by looking at an item you have:

1. Open the modification window for the item, then mouseover the Armoring. If the tooltip for the Armoring lists a set bonus, then it is the source of the bonus.

2. If the item is equipped, check the set bonus criteria in the item tooltip. Instead of seeing something like "War Hero Force-Master's Boots" you will see "War Hero Force-Master's Boots (Armoring)." The (Armoring) indicates that the set bonus is coming from the mod, not the gear.

We hope this helps assist you with your question!

you lose the set bonus. They failed to mention set bonuses only move off the brand new gear that drops since 1.2

This is the correct answer. If you want to use orange gear and keep set bonus, you'll need to transfer it from War hero or the PVE equivilent introduced in 1.2. So basically if you don't have the top gear you either need to wear the ugly old skin to have the set bonus or use orange gear and lose it. Battle master and rakata(and below) set bonus do not transfer.

• 2 weeks later...
you lose the set bonus. They failed to mention set bonuses only move off the brand new gear that drops since 1.2

Well that's freaking weak considering I just spent over 100k credits to swap some battlemaster mods into a decent looking trooper helmet. Sigh, guess my next purchase will have to be the chest instead of the rifle...

I have not had enough high level gear to start testing, but any gear that came out after 1.2 launched ( War Hero and Campaign/Black Hole) has the set bonus on the armoring and therefore it will transfer with it.

Black Hole has no set bonus...