Kira Carsen romance still bugged?

Almghty_gir

I'm close to 4700 affection with her, and she hasn't spoken to me once. Her little indicator has lit up several times, but it disappears before I can get to a ship or cantina. I'm very careful to go straight back to the ship or cantina when I see it, doing nothing that could raise or lower her affection, but so far - nothing. It's a shame - she's my favorite companion bar none.

Same here... where is this quest with her brother that people keep talking about?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to throw my experiences in here,

After speaking to her in the conference room I was given the Dark Side flirt option, in which you basically say "I'll protect you." I choose the Light Side option of "We have to tell the Council," which she immediately agreed to.

Fast-forward to Tython and some of the Council wants to pull her from training, and some don't. I score some affection points by saying she's a great padawan and deserving of staying a Jedi. Skinless-Satele agrees and we're mostly left alone and head back to the ship.

Back on the ship she basically thanks me for sticking up for her. When that convo ends she's back at the front of the ship as normal, but with a quest marker above her head.

At this point I was at about 4k affection or so. I was able to click on her for conversation 3 times before, I'm guessing, the backed up conversations were spent. A word to the wise; in one of the convos she was talking about exciting actions. In my case choosing the one that involved her body netted me a -1 and she got defensive, so I choose the more vague hypothetical option which she was fine with. The "quest" immediately after that I was able to kiss her (very alpha, btw) and she was fine with it.

So at the very least choosing the Light Side option instead of the Dark Side option seems to let things run fine.

Everybody keeps going on about the quest with her brother but where is this quest? Is it a class quest, main story?

Cause the only conversation I had with her was when we first came aboard my ship.

Afther that silence, and she's nearly on 3k now? Is this bad news?

Cause my T7 talked to me on 2k affection.

Btw doesn't this forum have any mods from the staff? Is bioware even reading this?

It's part of the main story. When you play it you'll know.

Like. I dont understand. One of you posted that the Devs fixed it and the thread certainly say's it has. But She still isnt talking to me and she's like at 7k. Do I have to beat each level of quest? Like advance in the story?

It's not fixed... it's fixed on the test realms for patch 1.0.1.

Does this mean the cause of the bug is known? If so then what is it? I really want to avoid it without having to wait for the release of the patch.

Read the thread... It seems the cause of the bug is if you choose the very first [Flirt] option that gives DS points after you do the quest involving Kira's "brother."

Like. I dont understand. One of you posted that the Devs fixed it and the thread certainly say's it has. But She still isnt talking to me and she's like at 7k. Do I have to beat each level of quest? Like advance in the story?

Some conversations do require you to be at a certain point in your class story before they will fiire.

yup mine is still doing this. It tells me she wants to talk on my ship, then when you get on the ship nothing.

You have to do the quest with her brother before she will talk to you again. The indicator just tells you that you've reached enough affection points to unlock a new conversation, but you still have to do her brother quest before you can access them.

I'm level 35 now, and soon done on Balmorra. When the Flirt opportunity appeared, I chose the Dark Side option, and all that. But should there be more Flirt options after this? I've over 6000 affection, but not really been able to flirt with her after this... And if I'm bugged, will the fix help me, or will I need to reroll?

I am a level 35 Jedi Guardian. Just finished the story arc on Balmorra (sp?). Only the Bonus Series left.

I have 5.7 k affection with Kira and still nothing. No new romance option. I did choose the dark side romance option after Nar Shaddaa.

Am I bugged now?

We shouldn't be forced to reroll to get the romance. I hope the fix on the test server fixes this.

I am a level 35 Jedi Guardian. Just finished the story arc on Balmorra (sp?). Only the Bonus Series left.

I have 5.7 k affection with Kira and still nothing. No new romance option. I did choose the dark side romance option after Nar Shaddaa.

Am I bugged now?

We shouldn't be forced to reroll to get the romance. I hope the fix on the test server fixes this.

That'd what I'm hoping too. I really want to get the romance options working, and don't feel like rerolling and doing everything over again :(

still bugged for me.

The icon that says she wants to talk shows up then when i approach a Cantina it disappears and when i go onto my ship she has nothing to say.

haven't talked to her since nar shadaa and i'm over 8k affection.

Edited by Scio

Kira still will not talk to me.

10k affection, level 40, chose the dark side option after Nar Shaddaa. No wants-to-talk indicator -- nothing. I'm very disappointed.

I also keep seeing people confusing this Kira bug with the general companion false-indicator bug, where the icon appears then disappears. Different proble, folks.

Edited by ciparis

For those of you who have the bug do you remember if after the "brother" cutscene did the Jedi Council "admission" work fine? And did Kira then talk to you about sticking your neck out for her once you got back on the ship? Or did all communication stop right after the brother?

I just went through this section myself and am trying to figure out where exactly this breaks and if it is the result of a single conversation option or if the bug is due to a certain series of selections in multiple conversations, like they left the conversation options unfinished or un-linked to their next phase of progression, if deleting characters and starting over is going to be the only fix in any reasonable amount of time I would rather do it now than in a month.