StarWars Games - What do you else play ?

BobaFurz

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite all time Star Wars game is still, and probably always will be, TIE Fighter. However, as a massive Star Wars fan ever since I was old enough to read the flying text through space, I've had my hands on most of the Star Wars games released.

In order of preference, here is my top 5:

TIE Fighter

Jedi Outcast

Supremacy (aka Rebellion)

Galaxies (Pre-CU)

Yoda Stories

Yoda Stories was a great time waster of a game.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

Jedi Outcast had me gripped for hours/days/months. Loved it! Jedi Academy not so much really, I didn't find the story as engaging. Other than that, Star Wars Battleground was good fun, very time consuming.

KOTOR 1&2, I would still recommend as being two of the best RPGs. Maybe not so much on game mechanics, but the characters and story really are a class of their own.

I was looking forward to The Force Unleased... then I played it. Oh dear oh dear. :(

Well, I feel quite the dinosaur among you whipper snappers. The first SW game I ever played was the Atari Arcade game, in the sit-down console, in grimy arcades in Melbourne back in the '80s. I still get warm and nostalgic when I fire up the mame version every now and then.

I've played almost everything since, although not for very long in some cases, but my absolute stand-out favourites are KOTOR, DF 2, x-wing, Lego SW and, if I'm in the mood for silly puzzle action, Pit Droids. Oh, and the all nighter SNES parties we used to have, importing pop-tarts and Jolt cola for that I'm-never-going-to-sleep-again buzz.

Notable low points were Shadows of the Empire and the one time I played that pod racing game, at a friends house. Masters of Teras Kasi looked too silly even to play on her console, using her electricity.

Oh, those lovely vector graphics. The 80's video games really did power the imagination! I had a pseudo Star Wars game on the Memotech which was great fun. Hard as nails to complete though!

Well X-Wing made quite the impression on my young mind back in the day :eek:, Kotor was brilliant :D, Kotor 2 was not bad really :o, Unleashed was meh...alright i suppose :(, Unleashed 2 gets brownie points for Ralph Mcquarrie costume :rolleyes:, Battlefront 1&2 both good :), Empire at War is cool :cool:. And honoured mentions are the Dark Forces (I played) and Shadows of the Empire (I owned once... :mad:), last but not leasted Commandos :i_cool: Edited by The_Thagarus

All I play is all the newer ones. 10-11 years old at most. I've never really shined to the star ships types. Here's the list of past-played ones:

Dark forces II: Jedi knight.

Dark forces II: Jedi knight II: Jedi Outcast

Dark forces II: Jedi knight III: Jedi academy

Battlefront.

Battlefront II. (can't SWTOR make space combat like that?)

KOTOR.

KOTOR II

SWTOR :p

And last that comes to mind.. A strategy game, one of the best of it's kind... Kicks that knock-off "empire at war's" butt!

GALACTIC BATTLEGROUNDS.

I love making levels, and stories. Made a few battleground missions of KOTOR, about revan, the mandalorian wars, telos, and all ending with the bonus and challenge levels: BATTLE OF BOTHAWUI, and BATTLE OF ALDERAAN. it's fun, on Bothawui having 1/5 of forces compared to the empire, and the empire using infinite resources, and on alderaan, having only a small squad of Havoc squad and Jedi to fight the endless waves a sith, liberating the Capitol, and taking over the orbital cannon battlefield (like in warzones).

Sorry for babbling, just talking how awesome it was.

Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 are always amazing. The lego star wars was kinda fun also. The force unleashed and revenge of the sith are a must play. Edited by vladti

Played most of the SW games that have been released on PC and console.

My summary of favourites:

JK Academy with Movie Battles II mod - great online multiplayer squad based fun

X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-wing vs TIE Fighter - such fond memories. My nephew is always asking me when the new one is coming out :( also why haven't they made an Elite type free roam trading space game yet?

Empire at War/Forces of Corruption - great! though I made a custom galactic map that removed the consortium from the game (I liked the xtra Rebel n Empire units but didnt like the Consortium units at all)

LEGO Star Wars - good simple fun to play with younger family members

SWG - I played this on and off during from launch to shut down. I was not hardcore enough to really suffer from CU / NGE changes. I really miss my yacht which was so decked out it could've been in a SW version of "MTV Cribs" or summink. Really do miss it :(

Played a lot of other titles but the above really stand out in my book.

SOMEONE make that SW space trading game. Please.

I play a private Star Wars game revolving around Jedi in the original trilogy. Owned and created by George Lucas himself , available to play only by a personal invite from him and kept strictly private. Luckily I post no evidence supporting this , so any valid information on this game will never see light of day

/happy

I've been playing most Star Wars games though the years; One of the first games I played used to be Star Wars - Phantom Of Menance.... When that game came I remember it was sooo fun! :) The story was pretty awesome (as far as I remember) and it was alot fun... Academy, jedi outcast and battlefront... SWG, KOTOR and alot more. I'm a huge fan of the star wars games and star wars was always a part of my childhood :) Still hope some awesome and flawless star wars games will be produced. I really enjoy this game but I still hope some new star wars MMO will come in the future, some game that isn't a "sandbox" game; a star wars game that's world wide... IMO MMO starwars games are the greatest and most fun game ever been made. Still miss SWG or as it used to be in the begining. I'm not too sure if any company ever will make a new MMO SWG game tho, or what do you guys think? :D

none - because I have a life

The most consistently idiotic fallacy of the internet. Clearly someone who's into gaming couldn't possibly have a life outside gaming.

On topic, I regularly play Battlefront II, Lego Star Wars (w/ the kiddos), and Falcon Gunner on my iPhone. Sometimes I get in a retro mood and play some X-Wing games. There's others I love, but haven't played recently, like Empire At War, Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy, Jedi Power Battles, Super Star Wars/ESB/ROTJ, etc.

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs

The most consistently idiotic fallacy of the internet. Clearly someone who's into gaming couldn't possibly have a life outside gaming.

On topic, I regularly play Battlefront II, Lego Star Wars (w/ the kiddos), and Falcon Gunner on my iPhone. Sometimes I get in a retro mood and play some X-Wing games. There's others I love, but haven't played recently, like Empire At War, Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy, Jedi Power Battles, Super Star Wars/ESB/ROTJ, etc.

I knew that would get a bite.. lol

I like the name by the way 'PeepsMcJuggs' I was tempted to go with 'CocknMyArse' but then i realised it was already taken and that i'm not 12 :D

I knew that would get a bite.. lol

I like the name by the way 'PeepsMcJuggs' I was tempted to go with 'CocknMyArse' but then i realised it was already taken and that i'm not 12 :D

Thanks. My wife came up with it after I earned the nickname "Peeps" at work when I accidentally walked in on my boss while she was using her breast pump.

Played star wars episode I: the phantom menace, star wars jedi power battle, star wars jedi starfighter (this game sucks, seriously o_o), battlefront 1, 2 and renegade squadron (one of my favourite games on the psp), empire at war, and of course the two KOTOR. Revan is one of the best character i've ever seen in my gamer's life :)

The earliest Star Wars games I remember playing are the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games. They were so much fun!

My list would be something like this:

X-Wing

TIE Fighter

Dark Forces 1 and 2

Phantom Menace

Galactic Battlegrounds

Jedi Outcast

Knights of The Old Republic 1 and 2

Jedi Academy

Battlefront 1 and 2

Republic Commando

Empire At War (+ Forces of Corruption)