Can you successfully Solo long-term?

biggyhosp

I'm just wondering if it's possible to solo through the game until level 50 (and complete the main storyline)? I don't have a lot of time to devote to MMO's, so I usually just hop on-off quickly, and it doesn't ever lend itself to playing in groups. I know I'm missing out on most of the 'best' stuff - but I really just love the main storylines of the game.

I'm currently a level 38 sith warrior (Jug) - and I haven't really had difficulty yet. I'm almost always right at every level range of the current planet I'm on - so I assume that means I'm on track? Ultimately, this means I haven't really done any Flashpoints, so I'm stuck doing almost all the bonus and extra quests to make sure I'm at the right level.

Can I continue on doing this same thing... or will I eventually need to team up with a few players on my server?

If I were to roll a new character - what's the "easiest" one to solo on? Thanks in advance!

I'm currently level 34. I've only joined groups temporarily for Heroic missions and Flashpoints. I've has some success completing Heroic 2 missions with just my companion once I've done every class and side mission on a planet and am 1 or 2 levels above the opposition, but it's a real slog. IMO, Heroic 4 and Flashpoints are near impossble soloing. By the time you are a high enough level, the XP and rewards are not good enough to be worth the time.

I solo from LVL 1 to 26 doing only flashpoints and hero quests in groups (and I solo hero+2). After lvl 26 it was hard to find group because of lack of players on the server. So I level solo from lvl 26 to lvl 40.

10 levels left for me until my subscription run out (i'm cancelling). So I'm sure that you can do it all solo.