Another random thought.... regarding the stun bubble.

UGLYMRJ

I'm all for the idea of having the stun portion of the bubble being applied to the caster only...

But what if....

Resolve was reverted back to it's previous state and resolve stacked even while stunned?

Could be another option for a fix... thoughts?

I'm all for the idea of having the stun portion of the bubble being applied to the caster only...

But what if....

Resolve was reverted back to it's previous state and resolve stacked even while stunned?

I think stun bubble sorcs/sages would go bye bye pretty quick. Also people would have to pay attention to when they use CCs.

I'm all for it. Any un-dumbing of the pvp in this game is a + for me.

If the solution was done like this though... smash would need an adjustment for sure. The only thing that slows down my smashing... and slows it DOWN A LOT.. is stun bubbles.

Give a good rage/focus spec no stun bubbles or cosntant resolve and it could get 'ugly'. :D

First you wouldn't be able to change the actual resolve value if you did that.

I believe it was you who mentioned that if resolve worked like that again and bubble stuns gave full resolve you'd just leap into the middle of a bunch of bubbles, do a smash and enjoy your thirty seconds of free immunity. My God can you imagine doing that on combat/carnage? Sweet should still break the bubble, and now you are gonna just destroy things. The bubble would become a complete liability.

This isn't the solution you're looking for. 'd honestly prefer they make the bubble stun caster only, keep the resolve the way it is now, and switch resolve IN GENERAL back to the old system. Sorcs would keep their defensiveness for the most part, I'd find stuns less annoying in general, I think everyone would win here. Though you'd also have to rebalance sorc/sage to be useful in rated because this gimmick is kinda what they have going for them atm =/

But what if....

I'm all for that which encourages consideration and skill, as opposed to spamming a single move without thought of anything else.

So yes, a fine idea.

Add a chance to the stun mechanic. Roll 1 to 50, enemies get stunned. Roll 51 to 100 and you and teammates get stunned. (Talking about people in the radius of effect of course.) Btw I can't think of any skills that could backfire. Why don't we have such effect? Well, maybe the sniper kickback. Edited by Kyanzes

But what if....

There is a reason I didn't spec bubble mez before the resolve change. I mean unless teammates want me to insta-fill the enemies resolve bar. The start of HB was by far the worst time to spam bubble.

Now?

The old system made your team pay if you spammed it or had multiple bubblemezzers...

but you know my position Ugly... The resolve change and the nerfs/buffs dumbed this game down so much....

but you know my position Ugly... The resolve change and the nerfs/buffs dumbed this game down so much....

The constant dumbing down of this game is pretty sad... it really leads me to believe that they don't want it to succeed in the long run at this point and because it didn't live to expectations that they're just milking it for whatever it's worth at this point.

I bet in a year from now this game gets neglected like a fat girl at the club.

I miss the old resolve system... but I think bubbles need to be changed to fit the same resolve model as all other abilities.

I wouldn't mind if bubbles stunned for 2 seconds for 400 resolve -- that may actually work better with the new resolve mechanic.

Remove the bubble, replace it with a group CC break. It would be poetic and make lightning spec a step towards useful, especially if the upper tiers made that skill more useful

bubble spec made the resolve problem worse, fix it by helping counter the mass CC.

Edited by Anishor

But what if....

Good idea. Or they could revert it back to a mez. Making it self only, would make the spec no longer really viable unless they gave them something else. The simplest fix I my opinion would be simply revert some of the changes.

Good idea. Or they could revert it back to a mez. Making it self only, would make the spec no longer really viable unless they gave them something else. The simplest fix I my opinion would be simply revert some of the changes.

Self pop only has always been my favorite idea and back to mezz works of course. Just a random thought that popped in my head since most people don't like the current resolve system. 2 birds... 1 stone.

Would be nice if they gave sorcs some comparable burst to match other DPS classes. That's a tricky on though since they're already capable of big numbers as they are now.

Or how bout fixing the survivability of the sorc healer and improving heals so they can keep up with dmg so the stun bubbles are not the only option? As it is, sorcs cast times are interupted by instant attacks, their heals are largely ineffectual and can't keep up with a dps and their survivability is so ridiculously bad that the only way they can survive is by running away and trying to take advantage of LoS. Applying a stun bubble is instant and can't be interrupted and can be applied while mobile. If a sorc healer could actually heal in a WZ, you would see a lot less bubbling. Edited by MotorCityMan

Or how bout fixing the survivability of the sorc healer and improving heals so they can keep up with dmg so the stun bubbles are not the only option? As it is, sorcs cast times are interupted by instant attacks, their heals are largely ineffectual and can't keep up with a dps and their survivability is so ridiculously bad that the only way they can survive is by running away and trying to take advantage of LoS. Applying a stun bubble is instant and can't be interrupted and can be applied while mobile. If a sorc healer could actually heal in a WZ, you would see a lot less bubbling.

I disagree and feel that sorc survivability isn't bad at all... I normally only die when being focused... everything should die when being focused.

The amount of tools that a sorc has on relatively short CD's makes up for the squishiness in my opinion. If they had more burst I feel like they could be a very valuable DPS class for rated for something other than the stun bubble.

And we have just hi-jacked my own thread and turned it into a "sorcs need survivability" thread. Further comments on the new title coming soon. :D

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I disagree and feel that sorc survivability isn't bad at all... I normally only die when being focused... everything should die when being focused.

The amount of tools that a sorc has on relatively short CD's makes up for the squishiness in my opinion. If they had more burst I feel like they could be a very valuable DPS class for rated for something other than the stun bubble.

And we have just hi-jacked my own thread and turned it into a "sorcs need survivability" thread. Further comments on the new title coming soon. :D

Pretty sure I was describing a sorc healer, not a dps sorc. And yes, you can't just nerf a class ability without considering their utility as a whole.

Pretty sure I was describing a sorc healer, not a dps sorc. And yes, you can't just nerf a class ability without considering their utility as a whole.

So as a sorc healer you're saying you die to much so you'd like the devs to help you survive being focused by 3-4 people and live?

Roger that.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

But what if....

do not want. The old system punished uncoordinated stuns too hard (they are still punished, just not as hard).

There are so many other tools in the box to tweak the system. resolve per stun could be increased. white (full resolve) decay could be slowed. gray (not full) resolve decay could be slowed.

Resolve could be made to not decay while stuck behind the door in the spawn point. Dying while stunned could give you additional immunity time (longer white bar decay when you get out of spawn).

The resolve created by bubble stun could be increased (it is ridiculously low right now). Removing your own bubble as a way to stun could be eliminated.

The stun portion of the bubble could require a proc from another ability so that stun bubbles can be selectively applied (e.g. on the squishiest team mates) but not spammed.

Edited by funkiestj

So as a sorc healer you're saying you die to much so you'd like the devs to help you survive being focused by 3-4 people and live?

Roger that.

Pretty sure I didn't say that and you didn't ask for clarification as to what I considered poor survivability. So is it your childish habit to provide the conversation to both sides of a a discussion so you can win a pretend argument?

How bout roger'in that?

Edited by MotorCityMan

Pretty sure I didn't say that and you didn't ask for clarification as to what I considered poor survivability. So is it your childish habit to provide the conversation to both sides of a a discussion so you can win a pretend argument?

How bout roger'in that?

I was trying to find your point... must have missed it.

With all their tools to kite survivability is fine... Complaining about healer sorc utility honestly couldn't have been it so I tried to read between the lines.

Basically all I heard was "I want more".

Edited by UGLYMRJ