MOX Raid / Solo Meters

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should make guilds sign up on the website and select a password for their guild and then make the raid leader give the key and the password, and make it to where people can't sync to raid unless the leader has synced first. This would cut down on your web traffic significantly I believe, it would also limit the number of random reports generated and alleviate some of the crashes we experience when I player releases during combat while its still going on.

What's the over/under on number of days before this is linked (rightly or wrongly) to accounts getting hacked?

I assure you that is not my intention. Keep in mind I'm offering this to the community as a good gesture, no one is forced to use it if they don't want to.

We have used this for the last two raid nights for our guild. Very easy to setup, very easy to use, and our entire guild has been very impressed so far. Our tanks are especially looking forward to a midigation focused pop-out. (hint, hint :p)

Again, great job!

One thing would love to see is have absorbs shown. As Sith inquisiter it would be nice to have the total damaged absorbed by my shields to show for healing.

This was a problem with dps meters in WoW for a while. As a disc priest everyone looked at us like we couldnt heal until Skada came along and showed that our absorbs were about 75% of our total healing.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Also as a bug report a few of my guildies are getting .netframework errors when trying to synch to raid. it works great for all 6 of us but 2 of us get the .net framework and error and the program crashes.

Posting again to hopefully put it in the "todo" list:

Death recap - dmg taken, heals recveived, debuffs gained 5-10 secs leading up to death.

Tank stuff - Dmg mitigation, avoiddance, absorbs, etc. I have a feeling there is some imbalances among the classes right now regarding this and we need the logs to prove it.

Thanks!

Great job. Your parser is simply amazing for what little time you had to work on it. One suggestion/request I have is a way to customize the pop-outs a bit more. A way to scale the entire thing to be smaller and more compact would be great. Another UI improvement would be the ability to show DPS in place of Damage Done and for that number to be placed on top of the bar instead of beside it. Basically my main concern is the efficiency of the UI because I'm very big on having a UI that maximizes visibility.

Got two bugs to report.

1. The tool would crash eventually during a fight. It crushed during a particular fight, or possibly with a particular type of mobs, in the Explosive Conflict ops:

http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/RaidData.aspx?key=nl_sw_1682&fight=20653

and 15 minutes later:

http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/RaidData.aspx?key=nl_sw_1682&fight=20943

I can supply full logs so that you could try and debug it.

2. Real-time parsing is flawless, but the fights are not preserved in the archive. For instance, last night Bonethrasher fight got randomly split into two:

http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/RaidData.aspx?key=nl_sw_1682&fight=17615

http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/RaidData.aspx?key=nl_sw_1682&fight=17636

Thanks to everyone for using my tool and providing feedback, I am taking note of the suggestions here. There have been a couple comments about tracking shields/absorbtion. Right now, the log shows you when you absorb something, but not the person who cast the absorbing effect. So, in the event of a sorcerer shield, they can see they cast the shield, but they have no way of knowing when it activates. For now, I could show all damage you absorb (regardless of the source), but that's purely a limitation of the logfile. I'm not sure how they would fix this since right now absorbs are shown inline with damage entries, but it would require a change in the logging to track accurately. I might be able to come up with a workaround to track it correctly, but I'll admit that isn't on the top of my list. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

The concern that my guild has is that the software updates itself automatically. Meaning at any time you could decide to throw in some less than nice code. Without someone else verifying the code is good we are all skeptical of using it. What about getting someone like zoopercat the code so they can verify you aren't doing anything shady?

First, thanks for this awesome tool.

I have one suggestion.

When I have the Raid Damage Dealt Window open it doesnt show the DPS from every Member.

Could you do something like this? :

RAID DAMAGE DEALT RAIDDPS (OVERALL DAMAGE)

Member a DPS (Damage Dealt) BAR Percentage

Member b DPS (Damage Dealt) BAR Percentage

etc.

For now it only shows the Damage Dealt from everyone and I have to calculate the DPS myself.

In the Singleplayer Mode of your tool it shows my DPS, so this should not be to hard to implement.

I still have a problem after i trun to run it it cant connect and get the files. So a friend mailed me the files. When i use the program i can only use solo mode. I cannot connect to get a raid group to see raid dps. Cannot connect to raid key. Disable antivirues and Firewall so nothing is on.

Just wanted to say that I have been using this, and overall seems to work well.

However, I have noticed that (as some others have mentioned) that leaving combat seems to screw things up (either though dieing or using my in-combat stealth ability).

Everything is split into encounters which I assume is recorded by entering combat. I think having something that aggregates between fights (and something we can actively reset) would be helpful. In an operation, I'd think I'd prefer to use it as such:

1: All fights up to 1st boss. (Encounter 1)

2: Reset Meter: First boss fight (Encounter 2)

3: Reset Meter: Trash between Boss 1 and Boss 2 (encounter 3)

4: Reset Meter: Boss 2 (Encounter 4)

...etc.

I think having an option to do that would be useful.

Just a thought.