Gathering Skills to Max?

XceptionalForce

I was not in beta and would like input on this idea.

End game I would like to go Biochem crafting, but thought while leveling I would start with slicing and get the other two biochem gathering skills. bank the biochem items and keep slicing until 40-50 then drop it for biochem and grind up the crafting skill. Is that viable or helpful or should I just forget about slicing and go all the way up with biochem crafting?

I figure from the sounds of it that slicing is a money making gathering skill and I might get some schematics too. but in the end I want the crafting ability?

I was not in beta and would like input on this idea.

End game I would like to go Biochem crafting, but thought while leveling I would start with slicing and get the other two biochem gathering skills. bank the biochem items and keep slicing until 40-50 then drop it for biochem and grind up the crafting skill. Is that viable or helpful or should I just forget about slicing and go all the way up with biochem crafting?

I figure from the sounds of it that slicing is a money making gathering skill and I might get some schematics too. but in the end I want the crafting ability?

Sure, its viable you are just going to miss out on the Biochem while in the lower level ranges.

Its pretty easy to keep up with your crafting if your using your companions to work on it while your questing ... you should be able to keep up with it no prob and as your leveling you can use the items then reverse engineer them when you don't need them anymore

You can only craft 5 items at most, and they all take ca2 min, so thats 10min withouth your companion. When you get a second companion things get alot easier, third even better and so on.

I used mine as soon as I hit town or gathering quests, it went smoothly and I used items I crafted, I did find a good schematic for chestarmor so I was glad I could craft it right away.