Do we know the final status of Belsavis yet?

SW_display_name

Sorry if I just missed a daily / questline / etc.

Just curious if we've yet been informed about the final status of Belsavis in-game. Last plot points I remember, it was still in a state of complete chaos and rioting with the Empire continuing to break out and liberate prisoners (and thus allow many of Republic's biggest inmates to spread freely across the galaxy again).

For example, Corellia, we basically know the whole arc:

• Empire tries a political coup
  • Rebellion breaks out
  • Republic invades on the side of the rebels
  • Empire counterattacks on the side of the "loyalists"
  • Massive battle rages across the surface
  • Republic gains upper hand
  • Eventually the Empire withdraws (after leaving a lot of vandalism and "presents" in their wake)
  • Corellia is "safe" and 100% Republic territory again

But as far as I can tell, Belsavis is:

• Empire discovers Belsavis (and/or Emperor 'tips off' the Empire for his own purposes, depending on how you interpret the plot)
  • Empire blows up the prison walls as a giant "f* you" to the Republic
  • Republic swoops in to try to control the situation
  • A massive free-for-all breaks out between the Empire, the Imperial Guard, the Dread Masters, the Republic, and the hordes of escaped prisoners (each with their own specific self-interests and goals)
  • And then... ?

Well, as a guess, I don't think the Empire wanted Belsavis. Because the Empire only wanted a few prisoners out of there, make every situation as miserable as possible for the Republic and the Emperor just wanted death and destruction.

Now after the known arcs, they got there prisoners, they've retreated when they "lost" the war and the Emperors plans have failed.

The Empire has, apart from Bonus and Section X, nothing more of interest on Belsavis. But because Section X doesn't really have a story, like many dailies, part from Oricon, I don't think you should put much thought into the fact that they are still present on the planet other than for dailies.

Therefore it is safe to assume it got back under control by the Republic.

The Imperial quest giver for Section X on the Imperial Fleet - voiced by the godly Peter Renaday - points out that the Empire is pulling out of Belsavis when you right-click on him.

If memory serves me right, his exact words are...

We're pulling out of Belsavis. Section X is still under lockdown.

I should point out that at one point, Section X was actually a part of the Belsavis planet, just like the Black Hole, with the former viewable on the Northeast corner of Labor Valley.

Here is me and a friend of mine walking around on the ORIGINAL Section X...

http://s11.postimg.org/5vdjqwytv/Untitled.png

The area in red was the original entry point, which was walled off.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Ah, thanks guys. :)

Kind of a shame we don't get to see more about the planet-wide chaos the Empire unleashed. It's got to take the Republic a long time to clean up that mess, not to mention all the convicts that must have filtered into the wider galaxy.

Actually it's kind of sad how many awesome late-game storylines just kind of flop over with a few lines from a missiongiver like "We're pulling out of ..." and then done. :(

Ah, thanks guys. :)

Kind of a shame we don't get to see more about the planet-wide chaos the Empire unleashed. It's got to take the Republic a long time to clean up that mess, not to mention all the convicts that must have filtered into the wider galaxy.

Actually it's kind of sad how many awesome late-game storylines just kind of flop over with a few lines from a missiongiver like "We're pulling out of ..." and then done. :(

For what is worth, putting class stories aside of course, both Commander Callum and Lord Medechas point out early on that their main goal is to simply liberate and retrieve the Dread Masters from their prison; All the mayhem in the meantime was just a ruse to keep Republic forces busy... Even the first horde of Esh-Kha they released was with that goal in mind.

In other words, the Empire was was bound to pull off from the planet sooner or later.

EDIT:

Not to mention that in the meantime, Commander Vorel was able to assemble some data that would allow the Empire to build a second like Belsavis. Couldn't ask for more. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yeah for sure, I consider Belsavis an Imperial victory (well, if you don't count... what happened with the Dread Masters... oops).

I guess I'd just love to see more of the Republic's nightmare job picking up the pieces the Empire left for them, as well as the results on the rest of the galaxy having that many convicts suddenly let loose again.

Yeah for sure, I consider Belsavis an Imperial victory (well, if you don't count... what happened with the Dread Masters... oops).

I guess I'd just love to see more of the Republic's nightmare job picking up the pieces the Empire left for them, as well as the results on the rest of the galaxy having that many convicts suddenly let loose again.

I don't believe there were that many prisoners who were able to flee from Belsavis when you think of it.

Republic side, during the bonus series, you were able to avert the threat posed by the Esh-Kha, when they were trying to use an ancient Rakatan... Errrrr... Transportation matter device(?) to flee off-world. Everything else is class story related.

Empire side, well...

Only the Dread Masters and a few other Sith and high-ranking figures escaped the planet, with the help of their fellow Imperials; Everything else is class story related and thus subject to one's interpretation... Imperial forces were far more interesting in sicking prisoners against Republic forces.

What was the name of that fellow with the Shiv? Mateo? Kateo? :D

EDIT:

There was also that Imperial Sergeant who kept promising that he'd help prisoners to flee Belsavis; In exchange, he only asked them to kill as many Republic forces as possible.

Issue is, he kept altering the deal... I guess those prisoners at one point started to pray that he wouldn't alter it any further. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

What was the name of that fellow with the Shiv? Mateo? Kateo? :D

Kateo

EDIT: I, and probably every Bounty Hunter, would like to apologise for taking Skadge off world.

It wasn't our decision, but we are sorry nevertheless.

Edited by Little_Judas

Kateo

EDIT: I, and probably every Bounty Hunter, would like to apologise for taking Skadge off world.

It wasn't our decision, but we are sorry nevertheless.

Not me. Skadge and I had plenty of fun promoting a new epoch of terror, malice and havoc throughout the galaxy, starting with Voss. :D

Yeah, my PT was disgusted and "canonically" Skadge is not on her crew because she blew his head open at the finale of Belsavis.

My Merc, on the other hand, is evil incarnate and immediately made Best Friends with Skadge and has been enjoying his enthusiastic support of her moral choices ever since.

No conflict, either. "Skadge" is just a very common name among Houk. :p