ehps when tank healing for NiM

To be honest there is no real number. You're EHPS will depend on the boss you're fighting (or if it's trash :D), how much the tank absorbs/shields, and how much the other healer is healing. Probably the best number I could think of as a whole would be maybe 3k or higher, but that is liable to change Edited by zXBurntToastXz
Miss Typed 2k (was meant to be 3)

Hello all, now I know that measuring healing is kinda useless but I just wanted an idea of what the necessary ehps is to be able to keep a tank up in NiM.

I put out ~ 3.7-4.3 EHPS on NiM DGs depending on the pull and we've never seen 3rd phase nor have we given many attempts. I also don't know what my previous healing buddy did.

Usually 3k EHPS on Horror.

Also depend on how much damage dps take as in are they avoiding mechanics that cause dmg. Another factor is the skill of all the healers. Having a weaker healer or two with two strong ones means the strong ones will have higher ehps.

I would bet for alot of our kills the healers are not over 3k ehps, even DG. If your question was just for healing a tank then I don't know. None of our healers are specifically assigned to heal a tank and only a tank.

I put out ~ 3.7-4.3 EHPS on NiM DGs depending on the pull and we've never seen 3rd phase nor have we given many attempts. I also don't know what my previous healing buddy did.

Usually 3k EHPS on Horror.

You'll see that go down as the fight goes on, the second and third phases are less tank heal intensive (and less healing intensive overall unless people stand in things)

Edited by Rocanon

Here are two logs from me as a tank in TFB NIM; I've only cleared the horror.

3rd bossfight: 1585 DTPS, 167 HPS, 1791 HTPS

2nd bossfight: 1635 DTPS, 150 HPS, 1723 HTPS

I am pretty generous with my cooldowns, so I suspect that almost all tanks will need more healing than me. In addition the DG might hit even harder than the horror at times, and the raidwide damage in that fight will certainly be an issue.

Sorry I can't answer your question more thoroughly.

You'll see that go down as the fight goes on, the second and third phases are less tank heal intensive (and less healing intensive overall unless people stand in things)

mhm that's why I put that little disclaimer.

edit: well it would have been a disclaimer if i put "but" instead of "and"

Edited by iimagiicii

Numbers are subject to variation from 8M to 16M as well. in 16M, EHPS as low as 2k1 is ok. but on some fights, it happened I had to top 3k3 EHPS to keep tank (and raid cause I do a bit of both) alive. So really depends on format, tank class and fight. If you get what I mean.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but there is not a single fight in 8 or 16 man OPS where a healer should be healing only 1 player. No single tank should take enough damage to require the undivided attention of a healer if everyone in the group is qualified gear wise for that instance and has some skill in their position.

That being said, healing is a dynamic trade. The requirements for a healer stat wise to be able to support the OP has a high variance. A very skilled healer who knows his/her class completely will easily out-heal someone who is slightly more geared and less skilled. Timing and knowledge of the fights also will promote more efficient healing, lowering the gear requirements for any OP.

As a final thought, sometime the best work of a healer isn't reflected on his/her stats in MOX. A series of well timed static barrier's for instance will prevent loads of raid wide damage, but wont be counted in HPS.

My Sorc Healer's Min/Max heals are 1121-1462, 26%Crit, 5.8%Alac(approx, I might be off just a touch) with buffs and stim. I can heal NiM OPs, but I wont pretend its overly easy. (I know my gear isn't optimal yet, but its enough to get the job done)

Edited by Godly_CzL