Meet the new Grav Round. Same as the old Grav Round.

Heezdedjim

Why did they change this ability so it doesn't need to be spammed . . . and then try to force us to spam it anyway? Now the armor debuff hits all at once, but it still has to be spammed to get 5 stacks of the HiB buff. The armor debuff is nice, but the damage on it sucks, so spamming it is a pretty big waste of GCDs. The HiB buff may as well not even exist, since I'm not going to spam this weak ability five times just to get stacks of it.

Charged Barrier at least stacks from GR and Charged Bolts both, so I may have some chance of actually getting five stacks of it.

Why indeed. Especially when the 4-set bonus is so meh, compared to the 2-set bonus, that it makes double-stacking the 2-set for a +30% crit chance on grav round (an ability we have to use all the time anyway) so tempting.

The armor debuff is nice, but the damage on it sucks, so spamming it is a pretty big waste of GCDs.

A spammable attack that can hit for 5-6k does not suck....lets see figuratively...

GR - ~5000 +

DR - ~9500 +

FA - ~11000 =

~25500 (if geared.min maxed this will exceed 30k) damage in 3 GCDs or 6 seconds. Now that won't happen very often with the new crit chance, but that is a s***load of damage in 3 GCDs. Add in HIB which can crit for 8k with a 5k GR filler when others are on CD. There are murders when a Commando is left un attended.:rak_03:

Edited by Lowyjowylof

The armor debuff is nice, but the damage on it sucks, so spamming it is a pretty big waste of GCDs..

It's a filler attack. It's the thing we use when our other, harder hitting attacks are on cooldown. Which is most of the time.

It's also the only one we have besides hammer shot and charged bolts, so I'm not sure what you're saying it should be replaced with.

Edited by Bleeters