How on Earth...

Jedi-Niebo

I'm new. 21 Female from Australia. Soon to be UK.

Love Star Wars, and have read the novels.

I want to know...

how do i put up a picture / avatar ????

have i wasted $15 by subscribing ???

are there any serious groups / guilds that would want me ???

is this game going to die soon?

If you're new why would you have regrets?

The game isn't closing down. It had a first year that was rough like most do. I think things have steadied out if not gotten more players returning or checking it out for the first time. Servers are still full of people so it's no problem.

As far as guild goes, yes I'm sure guilds would gladly take you. You just need to ask on the server you play on. Ask in chat while on the fleet and you'll get an invite in no time at all.

It looks like you already have a picture.

I've paid 15/month from day 1 and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth. Your mileage may vary.

Each server has a forum that you can check for guilds that are recruiting.

If this game dies soon I will be immensely surprised, as it seems EA is making money hand over fist with the Cartel Market, and that is what they care about.

Greetings, hope you enjoy the game and UK. :)

I love the old Star Wars movies (even the 'enchated versions'), hate the prequels, and have read some comics and some novels.

I want to know...

Seems you already did this, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends on a lot of things. There are a lot of restictions if you don't subscribe, plus you get 500 cartel coins free each month if you do subscribe. I'm a subscriber, and couldn't be happier. But I play a lot, and $15 a month isn't much to me. It might be different for you, but I don't know you, so I can't tell.

Of course! But it depends on your playstyle and (most important) what server you are on. I'm not in a guild, so can't help you there, sorry.

Hehe, people said it died when it went Free 2 Play, yet it's doing better than ever. It'll be around a long, long time ago, in a galax... um... sorry, got a bit carried away. :D

Sigh... message too short, as I write inside the quote? Way to go... :mad:

I want to know...

As others have said, it depends on your play style and disposable income. Depending on how you play, you could save several dollars a month by going "Preferred" (F2P and bought $5 of unlocks) and only unlocking what you want when you want it (if you don't do PvP then you don't unlock it; or you do operations irregularly you can unlock them for a week and then save that money when you don't participate in operations).

On the other hand, the "peace of mind" knowing you can do whatever you want whenever you want without any restriction might be worth the $15/month even if you only play a handful of hours a week.

Personally, I fall into the latter category. I probably play less than 20 hours a week on average (some weeks more some less; there are weeks I do not sign on at all), but I still subscribe because with a subscription, I know when I do sign on I have full access to every aspect of the game and the cost of that "peace of mind" is money well spent...in my opinion.

It depends on your definition of "serious." In my MMO life I have run with guilds that are the hardest of the hardcore - raiding six nights a week, four hours a night, frequent server first, occasional world first in completing content, to the most casual - come and go as you please, we raid when we have enough interest. in SWTOR there are guilds throughout that spectrum on all servers. You just have to find one that will take you in. Chances are though if your definition of serious falls more to the hardcore end you will most likely have to be level 55 and geared before they will take you in.

Absolutely not. No matter what the haters say this game is not going away any time soon.

I want to know...

You have to choose from their avatars. It won't let you put up your own like many forums do.

You won't have any trouble finding a guild. There is always such a shortage of women in the gaming community, guys will go out of their way to help if you ask.

Like others have said, the first several months were rough.

In the first weeks, millions joined only to either blow through all the content in 3 weeks, get bored and quit, or fell victim to the many bugs and quit in frustration. Add to that Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 rolling out last spring/summer and more left. (Many of those came back BTW :rolleyes:)

By the time the second round of server merges went through, things had finally settled down. (Some of those who seemed to have quit had actually re-rolled on higher population servers prior to mergers)

So my suggestion is this. If you think you'll be around awhile, it's worth it to pay for the sub. By the time you pay for unlocks, "Free to play" can easily cost more than a full subscription.

Edited by JacksonMo

Yes the inability to put your own Avatar picture is an outdated draconian issue, which needs sorting. As is the inability to use my own Signature banner on every post, as I have said on a previous thread on signatures.

I don't personally like any of the Bult in Avatar pictures. its ironic, that Bioware gives you a whole new Dye feature to change color of almost any item, but wont let you upload your own unique Signature or Avatar Pic.

So Childish really:mad:

I am in a small guild with some great friends, and we have a great guild master that helps us realize our potential, that I met in these Forums.

We would love to have you, if you like to learn at a pace that suits you, and we just gone teamspeak3, if you like joining in live chat, but thats not mandatory. Subbbing is the best option, honest, if you still dont like it, you can always opt out and go back to FTP. We have players, who play both Empire and republic, and we are hoping to add the two rooms to our new teamspeak Guild server.:)

if interested, We hang out in server ; Tomb of Freedon Nadd predominate English speaking, I am in the UK, fortunately we don't too many problems with game or buys. But Aussies seem to have more problems than most for some reason. Anyway welcome to SWTOR.

please contact:

Nabodo

AliceTvirus

Skymt

I want to know...

Hello and welcome to SWTOR :-) Let's break your questions down and answer them one by one:

1. How do I put up a picture/avatar?

Well, you can't upload a personal avatar. You can change your forum avatar, using one of the preloaded pictures this website offers you. Go to https://account.swtor.com/user/forum and select the option "Change your forum avatar". You may need to log in to your account.

2. Have I wasted 15 $ on a subscription?

In my opinion, no. For 15$ a month, you will receive:

- Full access to all content. This means unlimited access to Flashpoints, Operations and warzones. That alone is worth a fair amount in my opinion.

- 12 character slots per server. If you like to level different characters, like I do, it's good to have this amount.

- 500 cartel coins per month. This gives you a basic allowance to see what the Cartel Market has to offer. If you don't waste them on Gambling packs, you could use it to speed up leveling (XP boosts), increase your quality of life (raise the number of Cargo Hold bays, inventory slots)

Most of these things are also available through Cartel Market unlockables, but in the end it would end up the same price anyway.

3. Are there any serious groups/guilds that would want me?

Well, that will all depend on your own playstyle and on what you define as serious.

The guilds I am in are not defined as Hardcore, but we do play well together, clearing most content. This is especially on the imperial side and we are now tackling the republic side.

If you play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, you are welcome to join us. On the republic side, you can contact Nadobo, Skymt, or any other name that TaylorNova has presented. You can also ask us there for a spot in the imperial guild, or contact SpoeMeister or Orrusos there.

4. Is this game going to die soon?

I am no foreseer, so this is purely subjective. I don't think this game is going to die soon. I am enjoying many aspects of the game still, after 1,5 year of playing and there are many more besides me that still enjoy it, bugs and errors notwithstanding. There are also some that disagree. But Life's a gamble :) who knows what happens

Well, that's about it. Sorry for the wall of text. If you are on TOFN, you are always welcome to say hello! :-)

Excuse me (cough), but I would humbly suggest that a 21 year old female would be heartily welcomed anywhere in this game. You will NEVER be short of people who will be willing to help you with any issue you may have.

I played up against some female battlefield P4F soldiers a few times, and don't underestimate them, The one I knew quite well, was very skillful with grenades, her kill count just using grenades alone made her near the top of each league map played most of the time, she had me a few times, and I still don't know how she learns to use them to such great effect.:D