Only 3 advanced classes can CC?

As a tank, I want to learn who can do long term crowd control abilities and found this link very useful:

http://www.swtorarena.com/topic/91-know-your-enemy-crowd-control-abilities/

Am I reading it right, that there are [EDIT] FOUR 60 second crowd control abilities in the game? vis:

Shadow (Assassin): Mindmaze (Mind Trap)

Scoundrel (Operative): Tranquiliser (Sleeping Dart)

Commando (Merc): Concussive round (Concussive missile)

Sage (Sorcerer): Force lift (Whirlwind)

For droids, there are 60 second CC abilities from:

Sentinel (Marauder): Disable droid

Smuggler (Agent): Slice droid

I know there is a myriad of shorter term abilities, but I am thinking of the kind of abilities that a group might want to coordinate in advance of a pull.

EDITS: Originally written from a Republic point of view, sorry. Empire names now in brackets. Force lift/whirlwind added. Anti-droid CC added.

Edited by Theodisius

Thanks for the quick responses. So would I be correct in saying that all healers can do long term (60 second) CC? E.g. for Republic, Commando can use concussive round; sage can forcelift; and scoundrel can use tranquiliser? So there would always be at least one long term CC ability in each four man party? That's neat.

Shadow tanks get a nice bonus with mind maze.

I am not seeing a pattern in which dps ACs can CC. I guess a better way of remembering who can CC is to think if they can heal and remembering about Shadow's bonus.

I am not seeing a pattern in which dps ACs can CC. I guess a better way of remembering who can CC is to think if they can heal and remembering about Shadow's bonus.

Sentinels also get Disable Droid, a melee range 60s CC for droids.

Just to clarify (as I play a sorceror), all Inquisitors get the Whirlwind CC ability. It starts out as only lasting 8 seconds, I believe. If you then take the Sorceror advanced class the Whirlwind hold time upgrades to 60 seconds. The cooldown on the ability is also 60 seconds, so it is easy to know when the held target is about to be released.

I can't speak to the hold abilities of any other classes, sorry.

Tigsen

Commando (Merc): Concussive round (Jet boost)

The Bounty hunter Equivalent for that is Concussion Missile and its only available for Mercenary AC.

Jet Boost is the Merc version of Concussive Charge, which isn't a CC, its a knockback.

Edited by Midimatt

I'm biased as I'm a Gunslinger (And I do have CC, slice droid) but shouldn't the pure DPS classes be the only ones with CC? After all, we should be absolutely NEEDED for something.

Every class in this game is packed with utility, you guys are the only ones that get "bloodlust" style group wide buffs. Every group at 50 will be looking to score a Gunslinger and/or Sentinel. In fact, unless we get a "sated" style debuff then people will prob fill up all their DPS slots with the two classes. The healers can CC, so why bring a Scoundrel?

Edited by Ullikummi

As someone already said, an Imperial Agent SNIPER also has Slice Droid... which in fact is a 60 second CC that has no cooldown. We can repeatedly CC droids over and over without having to wait for a cooldown but can only have one CC'd at a time. The only downside is it only works for droids and only one at a time.