[Cybertech}--now level 400...now what?

jsibley

I am very new to this game. I started playing about 6 weeks ago and hit 50 about 2 weeks ago. I finally got around to hitting 400 on cybertech last night but I can't make anything of any value for myself.

How do I get new recipes/schematics that will help my actual gear progression? By just making the green 400 items and RE-ing them? I am confused and appreciate any help.

You don't make money crafting for yourself :p

Like the poster above said, rank 27 armoring and mods sell well. Or you dont sell them and just trade them for mats, since you win craploads when they crit. But learning those schematics mean a big investment to start it rolling

A more modest approach but very doable is selling blue armorings and mods for leveling. Sell a bunch, sell cheap. Dont bother with purples for those

There isn't much in the way of beneficial end game items you can craft from the Cybertech schematics learned at the trainer. I was using a crafted purple earpiece until I could buy a Black Hole one but I had to RE a lot to get the right schematic so don't know if it was really worth it...

Like the others mentioned, Cybertech is more useful for making credits especially if you can get the high level schematics. I also make some decent cash selling starship parts. As fas as gearing characters, I find it works out better for lower levels so I supply my alts with blue armorings, mods and earpieces.

Cybertech without a) endgame raiding for schematics, mods and armorings and b) without luck RE'ing stuff, is not that useful making money.

So far, I only found (and won the roll) for two 24 mod schematics from raiding - these mods use fairly expensive mats and barely sell at all on the GTN. I've also RE'ed tons of stuff and never got a single schematics - so, unless you are lucky, it's probably more profitable to sell the (boe) mods then to RE them.

The speeders don't sell at all and have ridicolous material requirements.

The high-end spaceship parts sell ok, but are also expensive to make.

With the droid part schematics available for daily comms, cybertech has become a little more interesting - a) because I was finally able to gear Scorpio (after being unable to do so for an entire year, thanks EAware) and b) because I can craft and sell HK gear now.

Only other useful thing about Cybertech are the PVP grenades, if you are into PVP that is.

It used to be you could make a good living selling purple ship upgrades. But that has dropped a lot and with todays addition to the cartel market it's probably gone for good. I'll probably either go artifice or make him a mule for the synthweaver.