Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a flipping expansion. A proper one. Sack up or pack up EA.

For the 2nd year I'm watching Blizzcon feeling like a jewish kid on christmas.

Why are you doing this to me Bioware?

If you feel that way, why don't you play WoW? :rak_02:

I'm sort of puzzled by all the calls for make SWTOR more like WoW!!!!!

SWTOR will never be a better WoW than WoW, it's insane to try to do that.

Edited by StarMagus

Oh sorry, didn't realize aspiring to a top notch service, scratch that, decent service was a sin now.

I'm sorry I want expansion packs for this MMO.

Can I please stay? Pretty please? Do I have you permission? I promise I won't ever want anything nice ever again!

Edited by aeterno

Oh sorry, didn't realize aspiring to a top notch service was a sin now.

I'm sorry I want expansion pack for this MMO.

Can I please stay? Pretty please? Do I have you permission? I promise I won't ever want anything nice ever again!

You didn't ask for customer service, you basically said that WoW has all the stuff that you want... which makes it silly to be here if you felt that way.

Fine. Fine then. So let's hope the devs totally take this poll seriously.

It is oh so obvious that, in fact, NOT ENOUGH CLASS STORY led to the epic merge from 220 to 17 servers and F2P.

Guess it should come as no surprise that the folks who have pushed story as being the only thing the game posseses that's worth subscribing to, now push story as being the reason servers needed consolidation. "Oh so obvious ... in fact"? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, but ... no. Not only no - but hell no. Not even remotely close.

This ... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=421725

led to this ... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254

which led to this ... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=60893&page=115

... which is how server populations thinned out, eventually leading to server consolidations. Story had squat to do with it.

Bioware's knee-jerk reaction to the mob's rioting exacerbated a problem that easily could have been remedied with a few weeks of patient cap adjustments. I dare say they won't be quite as willing to bend over backward for the mob again. So those who bash Bioware for not immediately bowing to their demands now have a clue as to why petulance isn't working.

Edited by GalacticKegger

asking for a proper expansion = call to make SWTOR more like WOW

asking for more starwarsy things to do = csll to make SWTOR more like SWG

so any requests beyond the 1.0 concept are bad

I don't think asking for a full fledged expansion is asking for this game to be like WoW. Other games have full fledged expansions after all.

WoW is just one example of a game that has had full expansions that one can use as an example....but there are others, games with lower populations than this one I would expect, like LotRO.

Note...I am not asking for a full expansion, I'm fine with micro ones. Just making a point.

You didn't ask for customer service, you basically said that WoW has all the stuff that you want... which makes it silly to be here if you felt that way.

I'm not going to joust verbally with you about what I did or did not say, I think everyone with a decent reading comprehension can figure out the underlying meaning of my post - bemoaning the fact TOR doesn't enjoy anywhere near the level of commitment by its devs/publisher that WoW does.

You told me to go play WoW if that's how I feel, your civic duty by this forum is hereby done. Duly noted. Duly ignored.

Edited by aeterno

asking for a proper expansion = call to make SWTOR more like WOW

asking for more starwarsy things to do = csll to make SWTOR more like SWG

so any requests beyond the 1.0 concept are bad

If you are going to misquote me at least try to do an interesting job of it.

I'm not going to joust verbally with you about what I did or did not say, I think everyone with a decent reading comprehension can figure out the underlying meaning of my post - bemoaning the fact TOR doesn't enjoy anywhere near the level of commitment by its devs/publisher than WoW does.

You told me to go play WoW if that's how I feel, your civic duty by this forum is hereby done. Duly noted. Duly ignored.

You're the one that suggested watching the news about the xpac for WoW had you feeling like a Jewish kid on Christmas, without giving any more details.

Wait.. is it the band that's playing that you want? If you had given out particular details it would be one thing.. but instead you basically pointed to another game and said... "I wish I had what they had!" Which... is.. easy enough to do. Switching games or even playing both isn't like changing religions.

I won't disagree with any of the points you have made. Polling definitely has many benefits, and understanding player feedback from the forums is certainly a component of that.

You didn't actually hit on the reason we don't do them generally, and that is perception. I realize I just insinuated that there is a perception problem (dirty words!!!) but hear me out first :). Unfortunately the forums can exist in a vacuum. That is, that people will often think that what is reflected in the forums is always the reality of how things are for everyone. Polling all too often reinforces that belief. Let me give you an example.

Let's say someone posted a poll "What Warzone map style would you like to see next in a new map? Huttball, Alderaan, or Voidstar"

After 2 weeks or so of voting, Alderaan has the most votes with 40%, and 300 people voting for it. 3 months later, we release a new patch, and we have a new Huttball map. The general users of the forums, will not be pleased. If you look at the poll and only at the poll you will get things like "EVERYONE AGREED WE WANTED ALDERAAN!" By making the poll, it is implied that the poll is the core metric to a decision being made; it is just one component. That is not to say forum opinion doesn't matter, of course. It is just that it is merely a sampling.

Think of it this way... in my previous example 300 people voted for the winning selection. I will spare you the math, but if hundreds of thousands of people play SWTOR, 300 is a fraction of a percent. We can't sway entire decisions based on just that poll. However, people look to polls to justify decisions and unfortunately things just aren't that simple.

That is the long form on why we typically don't do polling.

TLDR - People assume poll results indicate // guarantee actual majority opinion and assume it will solely affect decision making.

-eric

Hi Eric,

Talking from experience, I am a CPA and an auditor, and I deal with sampling a lot. As you sample size gets bigger, the likely hood of it not representing the population gets smaller. Based on the pool count, we currently have 1,600 votes as I posted this rely. I would agree that the population we are drawing from the sample, is not your avg. population, as the majority of people on the forums vary between regular players and hardcore players. Never the less, these represent a good chunk of the subscribers base.

A better way to obtain an even more inclusive polls is to have the polls in game. All the population will be exposed to it and players who want the game improve will defiantly answer them. Something to think about.

Thanks

Hi Eric,

Talking from experience, I am a CPA and an auditor, and I deal with sampling a lot. As you sample size gets bigger, the likely hood of it not representing the population gets smaller. Based on the pool count, we currently have 1,600 votes as I posted this rely. I would agree that the population we are drawing from the sample, is not your avg. population, as the majority of people on the forums vary between regular players and hardcore players. Never the less, these represent a good chunk of the subscribers base.

A better way to obtain an even more inclusive polls is to have the polls in game. All the population will be exposed to it and players who want the game improve will defiantly answer them. Something to think about.

Thanks

Not really, depending on subscription numbers. This is partially due to the fact that only subscribers are able to post on the forums. so if half the player base if f2p, this poll only represents say 0.1% of the half that is allowed to post.

When the choice is no voice at all, or at least some kind of voice, it is at least prudent to pay attention to that voice, even if it is considered along with other metrics.

I am of the opinion that the voices here have value, only because many predicted the pitfalls of the original design and what would follow...and the original dev team ignored the warnings to their own peril.

The community here seems rather intuitive IMO.

Not really, depending on subscription numbers. This is partially due to the fact that only subscribers are able to post on the forums. so if half the player base if f2p, this poll only represents say 0.1% of the half that is allowed to post.

Who cares about what f2pers think? The people who will base their financial commitment to this game on BW's decisions and effort regarding future content are more likely to be the same kind of people who would vote in a poll like this.

Who cares about what f2pers think? The people who will base their financial commitment to this game on BW's decisions and effort regarding future content are more likely to be the same kind of people who would vote in a poll like this.

There are F2Pers that actually make the transition to subscribers - so I wouldn't say that their opinions are entirely without value.

Although I agree, Bioware's biggest spenders are without a doubt also part of the subscribers group.

So class story, PVP content and minigames. It looks like PVP content bumped out planets from the top three and now sits at number two, with class stories still at a comfortable first place.

Unfortunately, as some others have mentioned, it looks like a few unscrupulous folks from the PVP side of things have bragged about voting more than once in this poll. If that is the truth that is pretty low.

Edited by LordArtemis

I'm looking for duplicate names in the voting list, I haven't found any, but perhaps it doesn't list multiple votes as multiple same name entries, or they could be voting under another account.

I'll keep looking. So far I don't see any obvious evidence of vote duping.

Edited by LordArtemis

Class story continuation is a must. Even if it comes late. I'll gladly wait for it, as long as it DOES in fact get here eventually. I gotta know what the agent does next. I want to see my inquisitor seize more power. My warrior's duty to the Emperor isn't over. All 8 stories have so much more in them!

So much to do, and a massive time and budget sink. I understand their hesitation. But if they plan it out right, they can use a lot of the stuff that's already in the game (as far as planets and other resources go) and just expand on it. No need to create like another 6 planets and such. Like how they did the macrobinocular and dreadseed quest lines. Or the Gree\Bounty Week events (and Rakghoul outbreak and acquisition race) . They just added to or expanded existing locations. Pretty smart.

I for one would love to see my characters revisit "old worlds" for new stories. Might be a great opportunity to see how our decisions affected those planets as well. All sorts of cool things they could do.

I'm looking for duplicate names in the voting list, I haven't found any, but perhaps it doesn't list multiple votes as multiple same name entries, or they could be voting under another account.

I'll keep looking. So far I don't see any obvious evidence of vote duping.

Only fishy thing i've noticed is that I got 6 votes, even though I only chose 5 things. Wont say which I didnt chose, but yeh.. Weird, still, nothing that looks duped.

Hard to tell though, would be a different name entirely me'thinks.

I find it funny that the two most voted for things, class story and a new class, are the two least likely things we'll be getting anytime soon because it doesn't seem economically feasible given everything the devs have been saying over the years. Such is the price of trying to cram SRPG elements into an MMO, or vice versa depending on your perspective.