Developer Updates - Vanguard - Coming Soon??

ZillaElite

Hey there,

As you can see on the front page of the community section of the site, the developers have been releasing Notes and Commentary on Class changes. So far, Jedi Knight, Sith Warroir, Smugger and Imperial Agent have been posted. Interested to read their commentary on the Assalt/Pyrotech/Powertech/AP class. It should be a good laugh and I suspect it will be the last one they release considering how they have wrecked the class. I'm really eager to read their thoughts on why they made the changes.

Well if you read the Dev Commentary they spend 80% of the commentary describing the changes and only 20% explaining why changes were made. I wouldn't expect much from the devs about the nerfs to PT/VG other than "we wanted to lessen their burst but still keep them fun to play".

In case you haven't seen it:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130418-0

Some of the changes look really good/interesting. Especially the change with shields

Shield Improvements: We’ve changed the way shields work to allow them to absorb any incoming kinetic or energy damage regardless of the source (melee, ranged, Force, tech – doesn’t matter). This has significantly increased the importance of shields, and the game has been rebalanced to account for such a major adjustment.

and Adrenaline Rush

Adrenaline Rush has been redesigned. We want this ability to be a powerful survivability tool and give Troopers something totally unique. The previous Adrenaline Rush just wasn’t doing it, so we’ve changed it. Now when you use this ability, you get Fired Up for 1 minute. While Fired Up is active, when your health is reduced to 30% or less, Fired Up is replaced by Adrenaline Rush, which rapidly heals you up to 30% health but will not heal you above 30% health. Once Adrenaline Rush is triggered, you become very difficult to kill for its duration. The Adrenaline Rush healing effect lasts 8 seconds once triggered.

Into the Fray and the changes to Energy Blast are also noteworthy imho. - M.

Edited by meaghs

your speaking as if there gonna even say anything about our class... they will talk about commandos and act like our class is not even in the game. sorry bro.

I guess I was coming off wrong and you missed the sarcasm that I was trying to convey. Dude, I feel the same as you, I'm playing my smasher now because I am disgusted with the way they gutted my Vanguard, and the minimal commmentary in the dev post was insulting at best.

The commentary was pretty much as predicted. If anything 95% description of changes and 5% the rationale for those changes. Ultimately it was pointless anyway. We all knew the rationale. They thought Pyro/Assault was OP. Then even thought Merc/Commando Pyro/Assault was OP.

The question isn't "What is the rationale for nerfing Pyro/Assault?". The question is what is the rationale for believing Pyro/Assault was OP? That is a question we are unlikely to ever get an answer for tho....