All Hail the New Era: Goodbye NJO

Beniboybling

There's no need to, and in fact it would be quite odd if they did. The timeline of the novels has progressed 44 years after the Battle of Yavin. The actors have aged about 35 years since that time. So, that's nearly perfect for the amount you would want them to age on screen, given that Star Wars humans especially Jedi have slightly longer lifespans.

i could be totally wrong here but doesnt the force help keep them looking young at least, in terms of Luke and Leia.

and furthermore, have you seen the actors since the movies. all the booze, fatty foods and blow have caught up to them. Only Ford looks any good. Im not sure they could pull off whats needed for these movies in the roles they are supposed to cover.

Well relax NJO will not be wiped, manybe some characters will be but i hope not.

This is why i belive the novel Crusible was set back many month.In that novel Luke was supposed to pass on the torch to the younger generation.So they had to chage alot in the novel.So the story in the new movie i belive will be after fate of the jedi and crusible 45 ABY.