Changing font size in game

KarrisThanor

Right click the word "General" on your chat window.

Select the Font Size you want. Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of options, but it should help with chat, anyway.

Side note: You can create new chat windows and add or remove channels from them. No combat log, though.

Edited by Faolon

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me up too, get alot of strain, and know of several other people who play that have very similar problems.

Surely it should be something all mmos have to include to facilitate for the large amounts of people they attract. Changing all the text in the game as a whole with some customizations for certain areas would be great help to alot of people and help those who's vision may be impaired.

I have progressive lenses and i still have to squint and guess at what I am reading. Especially noiticeable when looking at the gear stats. I love the game but this may send me back to the shooters I was playing waiting for this dam game.

so need this thing to increase size i refuse to play if i keep getting headaches and i will go back to WoW just to avoid this problem if it persists for too long as i have no idea if its doing any harm but i bet it is and i dont play games to get worse health i play it for fun and fun alone

so need this thing to increase size i refuse to play if i keep getting headaches and i will go back to WoW just to avoid this problem if it persists for too long as i have no idea if its doing any harm but i bet it is and i dont play games to get worse health i play it for fun and fun alone

I completely agree. As a consumer I have the right to voice my complaint as it should be, with the pocket book. I am going to cancel my account until the UI is improved. I don't feel that the UI will be improved anytime soon because, as far as I know, the development team has not acknowledge our complaint in any way.

Not sure if anyone has seen this blog http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110429

Is this some kind of joke or a sarcastic slap in the face? Please note the part about the GUI font.

I canceled my account. In the reason why section I wrote, I can't read any GUI text and it is causing me physical eye strain.

There is a new content update http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates and yet not even a whisper about fixing the GUI.

Edited by Val_Den

Add me to the list

Actually had to see an ophthalmologist because my left eye became extremely painful and sith red. no other game has caused this reaction and it took 2 weeks to heal. now I have to play with my L eye taped shut. (dedicated and maybe a little crazy:) The ophthalmologist told me it was from severe straining and will likely recur over time but changing the font size and color scheme would certainly help.

I play this both on my 52" lcd at 1080p and on laptop 1080p and i get massive eye strain too.. at least the chat can be adjusted but sometimes when you're trying to look at item stats its ridiculous and i have to do a double take. Also ive found when i've lowered the resolution all it does is make the font blurrier. You'd think it would of been logical for them to of had a setting to change it, considering they bothered with the chat size option.

Oh, this is my first post on here btw, so hi everyone :)

Here is the direct quote from the official interface blog listed above:

"By contrast, we also had to be careful because screen resolution has gotten so high that text can be made too small to be legible. In The Old Republic players will be able to set their text-size preference, but we wanted an extremely usable default experience."

So what happened? Did everyone there forget there's text everywhere on the screen and not just in the chat box?

This just goes back to UI mods/scaling again and dev arrogance that we couldn't possibly want to change the best UI out there and if we do then we really don't understand their "vision".

Like it or hate it but Blizzard set the gold standard that all other game UIs will be judged by and the one here is nice looking but extremely lacking.

Add me to this list, i currently cannot play at all.

In the future video though it does show they have created a slider (no idea why it works fine in video but not yet released but w/e..)

So I have unsubbed and stopped playing until this has been added "in the future"...

Same here I'm playing on a 50 inch and sitting close and still kills my eyes. do we all have to quit to get bioware to listen? I know a lot of people play games on larger monitors or their hdtv and more and more are going that way every day how do we prove to be a big enough population for them to give us a ui scaler. I really want to play this game just copy wow already on this one they got it right!

I have as well unsubscribed due to this issue. My wife is Legally blind (but can see) and just cannot see the fonts no matter how low the screen resolutions are in the game. They just won an award for being disabled player friendly, however they are definitely not vision impaired friendly when it comes to this.

If they can fix the UI scaling like in WOW you have options to, we will both be able to play the game, and bring my WOW guild over to SWTOR... PLEASE FIX THIS!