Did Disney indirectly make SWTOR cannon? CLONE WARS/DARTH BANE TRILIOGY SPOILERS

PokeSaro

It's Disney.

The people who have retconned so many myths and tales in order to make a buck that to ask what they will or won't do to Star Wars cannon is ridiculous.

Disney will do whatever Disney thinks is in their best financial interests and has no interest whatsoever in staying true to original stories. If that's staying mostly within the bounds of cannon then they will. If not, they won't. It's really just that simple.

Disney please make bane trilogy a movie, that would be awesome sauce. One would only pray they make Bane Cannon and actually do something with his story. How about Bane uses essence transfer over and over again and the new villain is actually darth bane in a new body in current timeline. Disney make it happen.

Actually, the LucasFILM Story Group consulted on the script for KotFE. Disney has taken a sudden interest in SWTOR in the past 6 months. There are going to be tie-ins between this game and The Force Awakens when it hits theaters in December. At that point, I believe this game(and its story) becomes canonized. I predict a large swell of new players to this game once the movie comes out because of the connections that we will see.

I believe that snowy planet we see Kylo Ren on IS Tython. They did mention a temple a while back that Jedi students had been slaughtered in. What if Luke searched for Tython, the ancient homeworld of the Jedi to start anew? Things are starting to come together I think....

Makes a helluvalot more sense than rebuilding the order on Yavin 4. I'm shellshocked the vaunted 'Master' Skywalker couldn't sense the dark side just oozing from those ruins like an omnipresent, all-encompassing black fog. Especially if as I suspect, the ruins in question were none other than the temple of sacrifice.

Edited by Nefertuss

Makes a helluvalot more sense than rebuilding the order on Yavin 4. Seriously, I'm shellshocked the vaunted 'Master' Skywalker couldn't sense the dark side just oozing from those ruins like an omnipresent, all-encompassing black fog

I like how "I, Jedi" basicly has an entire chapter where you can basicly hear Mike Stackpole "WTFing" the entire Jedi Academy trilogy

There's a perfectly logical reason. The longer they wait the more they lose money.

the development team could also just of been given a break for the holidays. Game developers work a ridiculous amount of hours. They do get breaks from time to time.

Edited by cool-dude

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, the LucasFILM Story Group consulted on the script for KotFE. Disney has taken a sudden interest in SWTOR in the past 6 months. There are going to be tie-ins between this game and The Force Awakens when it hits theaters in December. At that point, I believe this game(and its story) becomes canonized. I predict a large swell of new players to this game once the movie comes out because of the connections that we will see.

I believe that snowy planet we see Kylo Ren on IS Tython. They did mention a temple a while back that Jedi students had been slaughtered in. What if Luke searched for Tython, the ancient homeworld of the Jedi to start anew? Things are starting to come together I think....

This. My friends and I have been talking about this. When Disney takes an interest in something it means something big is about to happen. Our guess is that SWTOR (or at least parts of it) are going to be part of the new canon.

Edited by Miza_Radioaktiv

This. My friends and I have been talking about this. When Disney takes an interest in something it means something big is about to happen. Our guess is that SWTOR (or at least parts of it) are going to be part of the new canon.

Tarkin novel mentions "A Dark Ages" of which the Republic is sprung . . . just saying:eek:

• 3 years later...
I never knew he was a part of Banes story at all to begin with.

Revan might have been mentioned in passing as an example of ancient Sith who inspired him, but he is hardly important in the grand scheme of things and like others mentioned, Bane was around long before Revan.

And yes, cascading cannon is a slippery slope and completely ridiculous. I assure you I can take everything that happens in SWTOR and link it (with your tenuous logic) to almost the entire Legends continuity at some point.

So if Kotor is cannon, then the Mandalorian wars are cannon, then the KOTOR Comics are cannon, so then Celeste Morne is Cannon, so then the Legacy Comics are cannon, so then the Fel Empire and Galactic Alliance are cannon, so the Legacy and FotJ novels are all cannon, so then the NJO and Vong are cannon, etc...

Yeah it doesn't work like that.

um.... never mind all the rest. you got a crucial detail mixed up. revan came first. bane learns the thought bomb and and force drain and many other force abilities from REVAN. specifically his holocron. bane reshaped the sith order and instituted the rule of two after learning from REVAN. ergo, you cant have bane, at least they way we know him, without REVAN.

and to make bane canon (not cannon lolz) with the history we know of intact, the thought bomb, the rule of two, all that.... to do that means revan has to be made canon. which means, yes KOTOR has to be made canon. In regards to revan, which means a lot of KOTOR becomes canon because revan is a critical part of KOTOR.

The Movies are what made star wars. Not some ******head try to make a fast buck with a typewriter. In all arguements folks go to the books. They have no basis as far as im concerned . All the other stuff is just nonsense. Either your dark or not. Put game back to what is was.. not what some abused fat kid in his moms basement wants it to be.