Color Crystal - and how do I use it?

CitizenSith

1. I have the color crystal from preordering.
  2. I have advanced to level 7 and beyond.
  3. I find a crafting bench and click on my rife.
  4. It brings up a square (same size as all the inventory icons) and a long rectangle
  5. I drag my crystal from the inventory to the square and ...nothing
  6. ???
  7. Completion
  8. Profit

So, my problem is that step 6 isn't happening and I cannot complete the rest. There is some sort of text in the rectangle, but it seems faded with some other text typed over it, so I can't read anything. Are there certain rifles that do NOT allow you to insert the crystal? Or am I going about this completely the wrong way?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Edited by CitizenSith

Gear that has mod slots is now colored orange. To change/add/remove a mod from a modifiable item, just Ctrl + Right Click on the modifiable item to bring up the mod window. Drop the color crystal into the appropriate slot and hit accept. You should be good to go after that.

Gear that has mod slots is now colored orange. To change/add/remove a mod from a modifiable item, just Ctrl + Right Click on the modifiable item to bring up the mod window. Drop the color crystal into the appropriate slot and hit accept. You should be good to go after that.
Hey! Nice to see you again. I take it you're on Shadowlands? I am. Just leveled my Trooper (Simulacrum) to 11. Hope to see you some time. :)