Brief Server Maintenance: April 11th

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We will be performing a brief server maintenance starting around 8AM Central / 6AM Pacific this morning. We expect this maintenance to last approximately 1 hour. This maintenance is to extend the XP / CXP event until April 18th. There will not be a patch to download.

Date: Today, April 11th

Time: 6AM Pacific

Maintenance: Should last around 1 hour

Patch: No patch, but this will extend the XP / CXP event until 4/18.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

awesome dudes. give some darkside cookies to the programming team.

Let's not. The lack of planning in this game is next to absurd. It goes right along with the level of quality control the game has dwindled down to - right next to the litter box.

Thank you Eric for relaying this to the devs. I really like this event and wish it could stay indefinitely. To be frank, it really should. It's nice to be able to level only doing PvP and not feeling like your leveling at a snail's pace. Edited by Talon_strikes

Let's not. The lack of planning in this game is next to absurd. It goes right along with the level of quality control the game has dwindled down to - right next to the litter box.

This.

If anyone does NOT deserve cookies, its the programmers and decision makers.

They deserve pink slips.

Thank you Eric for relaying this to the devs. I really like this event and wish it could stay indefinitely. To be frank, it really should. It's nice to be able to level only doing PvP and not feeling like your leveling at a snail's pace.

Agreed. I love PvP and quite frankly would rather just do that for some characters. Not every character I make is for other stuff as well.

They delayed the patch a week for quality control. I am about as far from being a bw fan as possible, but this decision

is quality control. got to be fair on that point.

I really like this event and wish it could stay indefinitely. To be frank, it really should. It's nice to be able to level only doing PvP and not feeling like your leveling at a snail's pace.
I agree. This far into SWTOR, 250% xp should be permanent.

Hey folks,

We will be performing a brief server maintenance starting around 8AM Central / 6AM Pacific this morning. We expect this maintenance to last approximately 1 hour. This maintenance is to extend the XP / CXP event until April 18th. There will not be a patch to download.

Date: Today, April 11th

Time: 6AM Pacific

Maintenance: Should last around 1 hour

Patch: No patch, but this will extend the XP / CXP event until 4/18.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Well done Eric. Thank you for the update. I'm glad you guys figured out how to keep the event going.

They delayed the patch a week for quality control.

On this I think you are very wrong. They are delaying the patch because it will have bugs and they know it. They also know that if it got released today, they are also heading out of town for SW Celebration and no one will be around to do anything for a week when those bugs/issues are found out.

Patch pushed back because of SW Celebration and no one in office to handle the problems that are sure to be there.

I am about as far from being a bw fan as possible, but this decision

is quality control. got to be fair on that point.

This patch push back isn't so much for quality control. More like so they don't have to worry so much being out of the office the week after it launches.

When asked, "Are you confident enough in your patch work to launch the patch and then be gone for nearly 5 days?" and the conclusion is, let push the patch back till we get back in office. I think you know what the answer was.

Edited by Quraswren

• Dev Post
The bonus is not active.

Just a reminder in case it was missed. The event is not going to show as active on your XP bar like it did previously, but you will still receive the multiplier when killing enemies and completing Missions.

If you think the bonus isn't working, please let me know what server you are on and what zone you were in at the time.

Thanks!

-eric

Just a reminder in case it was missed. The event is not going to show as active on your XP bar like it did previously, but you will still receive the multiplier when killing enemies and completing Missions.

If you think the bonus isn't working, please let me know what server you are on and what zone you were in at the time.

Thanks!

-eric

Huh? What.. did the code that provided the XP bonus display bar self-destruct at midnight last night???? :p

But I appreciate that you gave us an heads-up BEFORE the usual suspects took a flame thrower to the forum. Of course they won't read this and will still wield flame throwers, but that's a different issue entirely. :)

Edited by Andryah

;)

Huh? What.. did the code that provided the XP bonus display bar self-destruct at midnight last night????

I suspect this has to do with them not wanting to push a patch out (due to time/money/QA costs) than anything else.

It's easier to just patch the server, than the client.

Edited by BronzeKnight

I agree. This far into SWTOR, 250% xp should be permanent.

They already stated the numbers have been adjusted so that you would be earning cxp around the same amount as during the event. They also adjusted the boosts as per the patch notes to cover all levels for new cxp boosts they now stack unlike before. So you would be earning cxp at the same or even more so then what the event offered.

Xp is another matter and honestly leveling was already fast enough as it is you don't need a xp boost to level.

Also you should never expect it to last. Same thing when they did the 12xp boost prior to 4.0 release, they removed it because they already made leveling faster in 4.0 to compensate. Same complaints rolled in that it should stay and it didn't.

Won't be surprised if they do a double xp / cxp event for a week every so often in the future but that's the most you will get.

Edited by Nightblazer

Well done Eric. Thank you for the update. I'm glad you guys figured out how to keep the event going.

The event makes those of us who do PVP/GSF and character leveling tolerable. Thank you for extending that.

Now let me get back to reading this

Developer BioWare Austin is said to be working on a new “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic” game. Now, an industry insider has added fuel to the flame by stating that the developer is doing exactly just that.

This all started with game journalist Liam Robertson on his Patreon-exclusive podcast. During the said podcast, Robertson said that BioWare Austin is now exclusively working on “Star Wars” games for the indefinite future.

“What they’re currently working on right now — and I have this on good authority — is a sort of remake/revival of ‘Knights of the Old Republic,’” Robertson said, according to Game Rant. “I don’t know when this is set to come out, but it has been in development for a little while now.”

Robertson also said that BioWare will redo the game saying that the developer is “wiping the slate clean.” The developer is apparently doing this so that the new “Knights of the Old Republic” will fit in nicely into the new “Star Wars” canon established by Disney after it acquired the franchise.

The game journalist admitted that he doesn’t really know how the game will end up in terms of continuity since BioWare originally started developing the game as a revival/remake. But now, it does seem like the game will be “its own thing.” Finally, Robertson firmly said that BioWare is prototyping the new “Knights of the Old Republic.”