Scheduled Maintenance: May 14th, 2013

AmberGreen

Just get another gree event up, that's all I ask for.

Its coming .:) i need two kills for a mount on two toons of the Ship boss :) .

AS Quoted here

Just to clarify, when I say Game Update 2.2 will not have Cartel Market features I mean that it will not be a Game Update which focuses largely around the Cartel Market like Game Update 2.1. That isn't to say that things like new items or a new pack wouldn't be in that update as that is the kind of thing we are adding constantly.

-eric

PS - The Gree Enclave wanted me to also pass on that you will see them before Game Update 2.2...

Edited by tanktest

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell me how big this patch 2.1 will be (MB/GB) ? Its important to me to know in advance coz my downloading speed is very low in that place where Im now and if its bigger than 300-500mb I should travel to my home town to download it.

Sorry for my broken english :D

Just to be clear, no testing on the PTS doesn't mean it wasn't tested.

Having said that, I think the PTS should be used for content and not fluff. And I'm sorry to say this is all fluff. If there are issues, which there maybe they should not impact our ability to play and that is what is important. Besides why delay it a week on the PTS when the QQ by some is inevitable anyway. Just drop the patch and lets move on to 2.2.

So this is just going live sans-testing? God help us...

Again:

Bioware always does private/in-house testing. There is plenty of evidence that the features being released to us tomorrow were released as a closed beta to a number of players.

Why wasn't it on the PTS? Because there is no value. Contrary to what lots of people think, PTS testing (ie: public beta testing) is not the best way of testing software. In general, the "testers" are not interested in rigorous testing. They are interested in previewing. They report the same bugs that are reported in closed beta or in-house testing, but they report them with less detail and accuracy. The main value in the PTS is in doing load studies or crowd behavior studies. Since the changes with this release are just customization-based, there is no point in doing load testing, and the closed-beta and in-house testers are far higher quality and way more diligent testers than they get on the PTS.

For the people who will respond with variations of: "But why did they not fix Bug A, if their own testers and the PTS testers reported it?" The answer is simple for anyone who has ever been a developer on a large product: If the cost to fix a bug is viewed as greater than the cost of releasing the software with the bug in it, then its often given low priority. It's very common for software to have a long list of known bugs that never make it above the not-worth-fixing threshold. The existence of these bugs isn't so much an indictment of the developers, but a sign of a fast-moving product that doesn't have an over-abundance of developers.

And not having an over-abundance of developers is a good thing to those MBA-holders who want to maximize profit. Sad, but true. And annoying to developers in many cases.

Whispers sent to an offline character will no longer be forwarded to an online character on the same account.

This was a great feature, it made organiziing PUGs much easier, and I did not encounter any player in game who opposed it.

I really hope that you can get the privacy issues sorted out and add it back.

Edited by Jerba

Question: Purchase Name Change from the Cartel Market. Does that mean it's an item we can trade and sell or is it an unlock that's bound to the account or Legacy?

Will be a bit like Field Respec, but on the Character Select Screen or is it like the Species Unlock?

Edit: Wait... the free name changes... Mr. Musco said they were delayed due to technical issues. When will we see them?

Edited by Tatile

I'd like to point out that they still haven't ever fixed the whisper/reply system in game after all this time. If I start a reply to one player and a different player whispers me before I send the msg the msg goes to the most recent player instead of the oriiginal target...since they are apparently fixing whispers they should fix that finally.

I'm hoping that those prices for hairstyles and hair colors are referring to a pack of new colors and styles and not the one-off price for a hair change.

I would assume it's for all the new hair options (for that race) available, it's probably numbered because there are plans for future additions. That's what I guessing, since they didn't list any other prices for a "Hairstyle 2".

Plus they also said subscribers will be getting a "substantial discount" on the customization items, so the new hair/tattoos etc will be much cheaper than the listed prices as well!

I swear, I would pay money just get BioWare to shut up about the cartel market. Just one patch where that isn't front and center would be heaven-sent.

Impossible. There is nothing else

Added dark side corruption to preview window, actually added it's background back after, what, six months? Eradicator mask, giving me even more opportunity to make fortunes off of Artifice (though the 21m simply from crafting Black-Red Hawkeye was appreciated :p). Altogether, very impressed. A lot of these bugs and issues could have been fixed sooner but with the addition of dyes and other customization options, plus the fix of a lot of high-priority issues (yes, including bolster, now shut up about it) this is definitely one of the best patches this game has had. We like content, but at some point QoL simply becomes a higher priority.