Quick End?

LordMarukyru

I've rolled a Marauder as my main toon, I went with the Annihilation build for the self heal and bleeds. However I find that I would much rather decimate the enemy before me as quick and violently as possible. So now I'm torn between Carnage and Rage. I guess what I'm writing for, if you would be so kind as to tell me which tree you feel would be the best route for me too, take down enemies in front of me fast and hard.

-Yes I know there are many threads that probably go over this, but I really haven't found much luck finding a thread with a rage spec.

I like Rage in pvp. And from what I hear Carnage is good in pvp and pve. Both trees are very bursty. There is nothing like going up to a group of 4 people and smashing them all for 5k+. But I find myself to be squishier than annihilation and not able to 1v1 people as well. I haven't played Carnage since I turned 50.

This is a little off topic, but here is a great thread comparing Carnage and Annihilation for pve purposes.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=503925&fb_source=message

It might give you more insight into Carnage.

Carnage fits your requirements best I think. Rage spends a lot of time wait for Smash to become available while Carnage has the toughest burst combo (10 to 15k in 3 seconds) as well as a great sustained damage chain with berserk massacre spam.

Read up the guides on how to play it before using it and spend some time on the dummy getting the combo's right.

I just tried Carnage from Anihilation while leveling. Just hit level 37 and I love it for PvP but I would be lieing if I said I didn't miss anhi a bit for PvE stuff. I had gotten pretty spoiled and wreckless.

I think my joy in PvP outweighs having to have a little caution in PvE though. Predation in Voidstar is an awesome group boost. effectively having another root while ravaging is another one. The burst is purely for my enjoyment.

Go carnage. just trust me. Carnage relies on Gore and Ataru form (along with Massacre) Gore is a short 100% armor debuff (great for quick kills in pvp against any class if they are being hit from alot of ppl.) and Ataru form allows for free around 200 ish damage (depending on your STR stat) Massacre allows for higher dps with the Ataru form attacks.

My build for my Mara when he hits 50 is http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100rcZGGrRRr0dhzZR.2 check it out and critique it

Go carnage. just trust me. Carnage relies on Gore and Ataru form (along with Massacre) Gore is a short 100% armor debuff (great for quick kills in pvp against any class if they are being hit from alot of ppl.) and Ataru form allows for free around 200 ish damage (depending on your STR stat) Massacre allows for higher dps with the Ataru form attacks.

My build for my Mara when he hits 50 is http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100rcZGGrRRr0dhzZR.2 check it out and critique it

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZrMrRRMrdGzZG.2

i find this to be a better build for carnage

1. the reduction of battering assault cooldown is unnecessary, as long you're playing your cards right, you should never be in dire need of rage....and battering assault by default is almost always up when you need a quick 6 rage

2. the cloak of pain CD reduction is also unnecessary because you don't hit retaliation often...you hit it maybe once or twice during a fight with an enemy

3. overwhelm makes ravage almost unstoppable and forces enemies to either waste their cc break or punt, or some other form of cc ability

4. displacement is great for stopping enemies from getting away, or getting within melee range of someone (e.g. capping a civil war node)

5. unbound is utterly necessary in pvp if you're going to spec carnage, otherwise, don't spec carnage at all

6. you're spending of 3 points in adding 3% accuracy is incredibly useless for both PVE and PVP

7. depending on where your crit is (ideal is to have it around 35%), you can take off points from malice and put them enraged assault / dual wield mastery / cloak of annihilation

my main rotation is massacre > gore > force scream / ravage / massacre (depending on what's available), this 3 ability spam alone usually puts enemies at or below 50% health if they don't have any def cds available

Edited by rotatorkuf