List of flashpoints (normal and hardmode)

Raani

The following is a list of flashpoints currently in game, with their general locations and levels required to enter.

Flashpoint quests can be acquired either at your respective Fleet or at level-appropriate quest hubs (given by flashpoint courier droids). Note that if a quest hub has flashpoint quests, it will also have a Fleet shuttle available (so you don't have to use your Emergency Fleet Pass or run back to the spaceport and fly to the Fleet on your own).

If a similar list is stickied somewhere, I apologize, but I haven't seen one on this forum.

If you see any errors in this list, please note them so I can edit my post.

I. Normal-mode Flashpoints

1a. The Esseles (Carrick Station, Coruscant Departures, RF), Level 10.

1b. The Black Talon (Vaiken Spacedock, Dromund Kaas Departures, IF). Level 10.

2. Hammer Station (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 17.

3. Athiss (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 21.

4. Mandalorian Raiders (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 25.

5. Cademimu (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 29.

6a. Taral V (Telos Hangar Deck, RF). Level 33.

6b. Boarding Party (White Nova Hangar Deck, IF). Level 33.

7a. Maelstrom Prison (Telos Hangar Deck, RF). Level 37.

7b. The Foundry (White Nova Hangar Deck, IF). Level 37.

8. Colicoid Wargame (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 41.

9. The Red Reaper (Dropship Launch Hangar, RF and IF). Level 45.

10a. Directive 7 (Gav Daragon Mission Deck, RF). Level 49.

10b. Directive 7 (Ziost Shadow Mission Deck, IF). Level 49.

11a. The Battle for Ilum (Republic Base, Ilum). Level 50.

11b. The Battle for Ilum (Imperial Base, Ilum). Level 50.

12a. The False Emperor (Republic Base, Ilum). Level 50.

12b. The False Emperor (Imperial Base, Ilum). Level 50.

II. Hardmode Flashpoints

Note that hardmode flashpoints are not different instances, but heroic versions of select leveling flashpoints (specifically, only of faction-dependent ones; "neutral" flashpoints do not seem to have hard modes at this point). All hardmodes require level 50.

1a. The Esseles.

1b. The Black Talon.

2a. Taral V.

2b. Boarding Party.

3a. Maelstrom.

3b. The Foundry.

4a. Directive 7.

4b. Directive 7.

5a. The Battle for Ilum.

5b. The Battle for Ilum.

6a. The False Emperor.

6b. The False Emperor.

Color and abbreviation map

blue - Republic-only

red - Empire-only

purple - available to both

RF - Republic Fleet

IF - Imperial Fleet

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question or not but...I've seen elsewhere on the forums that an easy way to get orange gear is to go back to a low FP like Esseles and solo it as a higher level but haven't really seen anything more about soloing FP's other than that.

I have the quest for Esseles on my level 14 Sentinal but the entrance to it is still red (I'm assuming because it wants me to be in a group?). So far I've been soloing my way through the game and am happy to continue to do so for the time being, so I'd like to know if it's possible to enter Esseles by myself and if i can, if it's even possible to solo it right now or if it's going to be too hard at my current level and I should just wait or try to find a group.

Any further info on requirements for entering FP's and the feasibility of soloing them is appreciated, thanks.

I have the quest for Esseles on my level 14 Sentinal but the entrance to it is still red (I'm assuming because it wants me to be in a group?). So far I've been soloing my way through the game and am happy to continue to do so for the time being, so I'd like to know if it's possible to enter Esseles by myself and if i can, if it's even possible to solo it right now or if it's going to be too hard at my current level and I should just wait or try to find a group.

Any further info on requirements for entering FP's and the feasibility of soloing them is appreciated, thanks.

1. Yes, flashpoints can be solo'd.

2. Practically speaking, I have found you need to be about 7-10 levels above the listed level of the flashpoint in order to do it without much difficulty. It varies a bit since some fp's are harder than others, or more suited to certain class/specs for soloing purposes than others.

3. In light of #2, I don't think it would be possible for a lvl 14 to solo Esseles.

4. You can *attempt* to solo any flashpoint you can validly enter; if you are lvl 14 you certainly should be able to enter Esseles solo if you want. If the entrance is red, then there is some other reason for that. Last time you did Esseles, did you start it in a group but not finish it? If so, you may need to abandon it and re-get the quest.

5. Soloing lower level instances as a high level char is a very good and easy way to get orange gear. It is also an easy way to get orange gear for your companions. Then it's just a matter of getting your hands on appropriate-level mods and switching out all the mods.

1. Yes, flashpoints can be solo'd.

2. Practically speaking, I have found you need to be about 7-10 levels above the listed level of the flashpoint in order to do it without much difficulty. It varies a bit since some fp's are harder than others, or more suited to certain class/specs for soloing purposes than others.

3. In light of #2, I don't think it would be possible for a lvl 14 to solo Esseles.

4. You can *attempt* to solo any flashpoint you can validly enter; if you are lvl 14 you certainly should be able to enter Esseles solo if you want. If the entrance is red, then there is some other reason for that. Last time you did Esseles, did you start it in a group but not finish it? If so, you may need to abandon it and re-get the quest.

5. Soloing lower level instances as a high level char is a very good and easy way to get orange gear. It is also an easy way to get orange gear for your companions. Then it's just a matter of getting your hands on appropriate-level mods and switching out all the mods.

Thanks for the info, I haven't done Esseles at all yet but maybe I missed something like this:

I could get into Esselles at level 10. You do have to pick up the quest from the guy standing outside the instance. Other than that, I'm not sure why you couldn't zone in.

I just know I have a quest with Esseles in the title...perhaps I didn't look at it close enough, I'll double check it and, likely wait a few more levels before entering by myself. Thanks!

What are the requirements to start some of these Hard Flashpoints?

I have the quest to do Hard Boarding Party, but I have not yet done it because I haven't been able to find a full party of people who are eligible to do it.

Pretty sure you have to have done the regularmode first.

Please update some constraints like you need to finish Taral V before you can do Mailstrom. Is good to know because people wonder why they cannot enter the Maelstrom instance and then they are looking for the NPC giver which cannot be found.

Thanks for the info, I haven't done Esseles at all yet but maybe I missed something like this:

I just know I have a quest with Esseles in the title...perhaps I didn't look at it close enough, I'll double check it and, likely wait a few more levels before entering by myself. Thanks!

Flash point entrances are a purplish red, not green is that what you see? Try walking thru.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the list, I wish I'd seen it ages ago! Totally bookmarked now.

I'm a lvl50 Sith Assassin and I managed to solo 1-7 in normal mode with no problems with Khem Val as my sidekick. Couldn't solo Colicoid Wargame as you need multiple people for the turrets at the start and the shield section later on. Tried to do Red Reaper but got my *** kicked from the start. Could probably get further with stealth and brute force but I thought that would take the fun out of it. Going to do Red Reaper and the rest of the list as a group. Thanks again, very useful post :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Both 1a and 1b can be soloed if you're around level 12 and your char has a healing ability. I managed to do the Black Talon with a lvl 11 Concealment Operative and lvl 13 Lightning Sorcerer. The trick is to switch aggro between your toon and your companion and heal in-between.

• 1 year later...
Both 1a and 1b can be soloed if you're around level 12 and your char has a healing ability. I managed to do the Black Talon with a lvl 11 Concealment Operative and lvl 13 Lightning Sorcerer. The trick is to switch aggro between your toon and your companion and heal in-between.

Keep in mind that while Esseles can be easily soloed if you are a number of levels over the requirement, the bonus boss can only be activated if there are at least two of you as two panels far apart have to be activated at the same time to trigger the boss.

Keep in mind that while Esseles can be easily soloed if you are a number of levels over the requirement, the bonus boss can only be activated if there are at least two of you as two panels far apart have to be activated at the same time to trigger the boss.

That needed to be changed since the start , seeing IMP side bonus boss only needs one person to call him . Just always bothered me they way they did that

I suspect the OP is not active anymore, but that list is in need of some serious updating. Amongst other things, there are hardmodes for the "neutral" FPs now (Hammer Station, Athiss, etc.). Plus there are a bunch of new FPs, not the least of them being the various "Tactical" FPs (like Kuat Drive Yards).

• 11 months later...