GTN Search Issues [BUG]

Caligari

It's broken, fix it. Did anyone even test this before it went live? Your QA is shameful.

Yes, because as we all know every piece of software except SWTOR is completely bug-free...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is frikkin ridiculous! Why hasnt this been hotfixed?

Because, while I as primarily a crafter, find this terribly annoying/inconvenient, it isn't exactly gamebreaking. I would much rather them simply wait to fix it on the next regular maintenance time than lose the ~2 hours of gameplay extra because the devs *still* haven't split up the maintenance times.

(p.s. What I find *really* amusing? Since this "fix", sales on spaceship parts, implants, etc. have picked up a LOT. So there really were people who didn't realize the GTN had issues before and really thought those categories were empty, and now that it's obviously broken, are using the workaround.)

3. On UI, if I put a Quickbar just above the PlayerFrame, the buffs overlap the Quickbar whenever there is more than one row. This behavior changed with 1.2.1 because the buffs were under the Quickbar with 1.2. The earlier behavior should be the correct one. I am a medica and prefer having a bar right in from of me next tot he Ops frame.

May want to clarify this some, first several times I read it I thought you were saying the buffs were physically farther down the screen than the player frame in 1.2, (i.e. higher "Y", assuming 0,0 is upper left of screen, and positive Y is down)) and I thought I remember there actually being an option as to displaying the buffs below/above the player frame. I believe what you actually mean was *behind* the quickbar? (i.e. it's a layering issue?)

Hi everyone, we've sent this up for investigation and it looks like we are going to have something to improve this experience in an upcoming patch. Thank you for your reports and for your patience.

Dear Joveth Gonzalez! I wrote about this problem to service of technical support 4/28/12. 5/1/12 was the second letter. And both times there was an answer: we don't understand your problems, everything works for us. Look for answers to the questions at a forum.

These are worthy answers how you think?

I would and im sure many others would also like to see the possibility of "Shift clicking" an item in my inventory to search for it.

I just want some way to filter on schematics that I DO NOT ALREADY OWN!

Seems like the "Usable by" filter set to "Me" should accomplish this; of course it doesn't... :rolleyes:

Another addition that could be implemented if possible is the ability for the GTN to remember the Price of you currently sold item, for example if i want to sell 20 speeder bikes for 100k each, why not let me just put the price in for the first one and every time i put the same item in GTN it would auto fill the price to match my first one.

Thx for great game and new content!

I just want some way to filter on schematics that I DO NOT ALREADY OWN!

Seems like the "Usable by" filter set to "Me" should accomplish this; of course it doesn't... :rolleyes:

Yeah, or just make a way to see all known schematics greyed out while the ones that could be learned brighter or some words or phrase that says trainable. Sucks some times to send 50 schematics to my alt and having to click all of them to find out the only thing i learned was not able to use any of them cause i already know them.

Remove the requirement to use Rarity as a search criteria. About 95% of my searches I'm looking to do a match for all items of a particular subtype. If I use Rarity, it is as part of a sorting function. Edited by Zuuf

so what exactly was wrong with the GTN to begin with that warranted this "fix?" This is horrible.

Part of the reason was because "Implants" and "Earpieces" appeared to be empty unless you picked a rarity. This was only introduced in 1.2 or one of the patches since then. Basically, the default rarity option "Any" no longer worked. It could of been for more categories but these are the two I noticed since I am an implant crafter. Instead of fixing the few broken categories it clearly seemed like a better idea to make all the other ones work the same way :rolleyes:

The Search button is now correctly disabled for categories that do not have a subcategory when there are no search results.

What the powers that be do not seem to realise is that vast numbers of players do not come and read the forum every day or trawl through the change list for each patch. This has led to lots of people just assuming the entire GTN is broken or that there are no items for sale in the few categories they have checked. Having to educate our customers on how to buy the items we have for sale indicates that it is not intuitive.

I've stopped crafting for now as (1) it's no longer possible to purchase the crafting materials I need on the GTN since the sellers have stopped adding material items and (2) people no longer understand how to buy my items.

I'm assuming the material sellers have stopped adding items since they were not selling and it does get annoying when you login and get 30+ in-game emails stating that those items have failed to sell, I know that's what I've been getting :(

Heres a Question, If on the map its called "Galactic Trade Market" Why do people Call it GTN instead of GTM. After all its a market not a cyber cafe'

Just to clarify

Above the console interface you will see the following. Either;

IMPERIAL GALACTIC TRADE NETWORK (e.g. Drommund Kass)

or more often GALACTIC TRADE NETWORK (e.g. Nar Shaddaa)

I know when you hover your cursor over the console it says something different.

but GTN has been generally accepted as the understood definition.

Hey, it's SWtoR - you didn't expect conformity did you?

I am a fairly serious crafter and this is a major pain, beyond items not selling because people don't realize that the network is actually working......is the extra time and effort it takes to check for items.

With multiple characters all checking, it adds mouse clicks & time to every character.

This is just another case of fixing something that wasn't broke, I agree with a poster above, they fixed on small problem without taking into consideration the rest of the GTN and the way 99% of the people use it.

Hopefully they fix this soon, it is really a pain.

and YES I created a ticket too..........

Hi folks, as an update to my previous post, you should see some improvements after last night's patch (1.2.3). Specifically, these changes were made:

Galactic Trade Network

• An issue that prevented some item category searches from functioning unless an item name or price range was also specified has been corrected.

• The default value for the Rarity field is now Standard instead of Any. This allows players to search for most items without requiring that they select an option in the Rarity field.

We hope that this alleviates some of the issues that you've been facing as we continue to improve the GTN experience.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Unfortunately...search is still really wonky :(

For instance - I listed an Advanced Overkill Augment 22 using another character this morning. You'd think I'd at least be able to bring something up using the keyword "Overkill", but no. If I use "Advanced Overkill" in the Name field, it's there clear as day. If I use nothing in the Name field, and bore down using the parameters - I can see it in the final list of augments. If at that time I add the Name Overkill (even Ove causes this) it disappears from the list.

It's kind of annoying for something that should be convenient and easy to use. I don't like having the guess at what keyword MIGHT bring up the item I'm looking for (and it's also bad news as a seller)

*Edited to add that my ticket about this (5307105) was closed minutes after submitting with the note that it's working as intended. Really? How can such counter-intuitive changes be intended?

Edited by Eliandal

This is shameful. Why could they not have simply restored the Any rarity parameter to its previous function as an all-inclusive? (since it was working fine as such before they broke it) Instead, they decided to remove Any and add a new, vague and misleading rarity parameter of "Standard". I don't follow this logic at all.

The GTN search sucks. Several items I tried to filter by name, but they wouldn't show up unless I left it empty. Example, speeder bike schematics. Type Hotrigged or bike or speeder and no results. Same thing with one of the crafting schematics I had. Edited by Kourage

Hi folks, I just wanted to check to see if you are still seeing issues with search as you've outlined above. Please let me know, along with any other specific details that you can share. Thanks!

I can confirm that the text searching problem from a couple patches ago is back, seems to randomly not work for some strings but works for others. Example, I always go select armor -> any -> custom and type in Augment and now nothing or only 2-3 items comes up, when there are dozens if not a hundred on the GTN.