Hard mode final boss issue

So far I've liked the flashpoints, but I have run into one serious problem. I've ran with a couple groups where for whatever reason we have died but killed the final boss. Now as an example In the Esseles I was the last person alive, and I killed the boss and died at the same time. With no one alive to rez we have to return to the medcenter, and unfortunately, we can not run back into the flashpoint because it registers as completed. In short, we succeeded at the boss fight (admittedly barely) but we aren't able to get any of his loot. Also because we could not continue with the conversations 2 of our members didn't get any of the light side points they needed.

Now obviously the obvjective is to kill the boss and have someone alive, preferably everyone, but it's very irritating when you do successfully complete a flashpoint but aren't able to aquire the best drop of the entire instance, or get the crafting crystal. It seems to me there are three easy fixes to this problem.

1. Make it so that you can enter a completed hard mode flashpoint.

2. Give the flashpoint a timer. If you really don't want people running around in there for some reason, have a 30 minute timer start the moment the final boss dies, and refuse entry after that point.

3. Only consider the flashpoint complete after the final dialog is through and everyone has left.

This is less of a problem with better geared players, or people who are more experienced at the encounter, but with people who are new to these flashpoints and are actually at a gear level where the fights are challenging, this can be a problem.

Easily fixed, whoever dies last doesn't zone to med bay but instead waits for res. Easy peasy, I didn't even have to think to come to that solution!

Clearly you didn't think at all. In a hard mode flashpoint you can't wait for the wonderfull little rez from the droid, you have to go back, or be rezzed by a player. If everyone is dead and you can't zone in... well hopefully you understand now.

Yes this happened many times to us especialy in boarding party we usualy take out the commander first , we killed him quest gets completed then our healer got dc'd from the game and grp wiped at that stage and bingo you can't zone in any more , devs should give an option to players to enter the same instace like 5 minutes after the quest got completed Edited by agomemnon

Yes this happened many times to us especialy in boarding party we usualy take out the commander first , we killed him quest gets completed then our healer got dc'd from the game and grp wiped at that stage and bingo you can't zone in any more , devs should give an option to players to enter the same instace like 5 minutes after the quest got completed

your healer dc's many times? I'm having a hard time believing this.

Or is this bug affecting you many times an exaggeration?

Just ran into this bug yesterday on Hard mode taral V after killing the final boss.

It is a result from wiping after completing the quest that allows entrance into the flashpoint, but still having not looted the boss yet and no way to rez..

Edited by infernus