Why do exotech stims sell so cheap?

fuskr

Hello forum, I recently bought a exotech schematic and I'm really frustrated right now.. Why do exotech stims/adrenals sell so cheap on GTN, when mats are worth way more? Do people do this to be kind to the community? And what does crit means when it comes to crew skills, I'm pretty newb to the crew skill scene ;P

On gear items, critting when crafting means the item gains an augment slot for extra stats. Augment slots can be added after the fact with augment kits, but the cost can be significant especially on higher level items, therefore a crafted item with said slot already included can and should be sold for more. How much more depends upon the level of the item and the cost of an augment kit of appropriate level as well as the installation fee at the workstation should be taken into consideration when pricing crit crafted gear.

Non gear item like consumables and gear mods, or augments themselves, create two items for the same time and mat cost instead of one. Exotech stims and adrenals are slightly different, since they create 3 of the item per time and mat cost. Critting when crafting these items adds one additional, for a total of four, not 3 extra.

Yes, no one is buying them on the gtn. You are absolutely correct. So there's certainly no reason for you or anyone you know to bother crafting these items to sell. Don't even bother. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

^ #jedimindtrick

I've seen this pop up in a couple of other threads on why don't people sell the mats instead of crafting and selling the item(s) that you make with the mats. To me, there's many different variables involved and no real RIGHT answer.

If I'm bored tonight, I should list the mats for exotech stims at the going per unit rate. Then go send companions and farm mats (acting as if I have zero mats to start), craft and sell exotech stims at the going per unit rate (and keep repeating) until the mats sell.

I have a suspicion that I can bring in more credits by gathering and crafting exotech stims in the same time it takes for the mats to sell. This is just based on my previous attempts at selling mats and them seeming to take forever to sell when my crafted items usually sold within 2 hours unless the market got a huge influx and I got undercut. But I've never timed it out before.

And isn't that kind of the point - Make as much credits in the shortest amount of time? But I know there's other variables like, how many times are you logging in and playing? It is definitely quicker to gather and list mats than it is to gather, craft, and list items and repeat.

On Jedi Covenant most of the exotech stims have been undercut quite a bit. I originally did pretty well selling them now exotech fortitude were at 150k a stack today which is terrible a lot of time I've noticed once a few people list them he older sellers will flood the market and undercut the **** out of everyone so other stop selling.

I sometimes wish there was a history on the GTN while I know this can be manipulated as well it's preferred especially if the GTN actually worked like an ah I preferred the style FFXI used to use.

It's called Free Market system, the market value is based on supply and demand. Most people have a alt making these. Shadowlands the resolve ones (when I see them) seems most of given up on 50 stuff, goes for 5k each. (I see them low and need I still pick them up on the GTN if they are cheaper than sending pets to collect the materials.)

With max crew affection you can make these for 9k or under, so selling them for 14-15k seems ok to me. I'm on a pvp server so I try to sell them for a reasonable price to ensure that my side uses them in pvp matches. 50% profit is more than enough for me