Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

I will still have to waste my credits to get rid of this darn thing? Horrible job devs!!!! Change the price to 0 please.

I think that is part of the idea. Good idea too about a zero cost vaccine. Let's peeps who like it keep getting infected, but can't grief people who don't. Sort of like PVP on a PVE server should be.

Edited by michaelusaf

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, we just wanted to remind people to turn in your Rakghoul DNA before maintenance tomorrow morning at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Jeelvic the Jawa will be disappearing after tonight, but he may possibly return by himself at some point in the future.

Either make him return and be done with it or don't. Don't come here saying they he "may possibly" return. People need to know if they should be holding on to DNA or if it's junk. Also, a simple statement like this by you has an impact on the value of the items that people are trying to buy or sell. The worth of the items are in question as long as whoever makes the decisions remains indecisive.

Either make him return and be done with it or don't. Don't come here saying they he "may possibly" return. People need to know if they should be holding on to DNA or if it's junk. Also, a simple statement like this by you has an impact on the value of the items that people are trying to buy or sell. The worth of the items are in question as long as whoever makes the decisions remains indecisive.

If they say he will be returning, then many people will continue to farm DNA, by infecting more and more people.

sure there is.

No, it's certainly possible.

When using a fleet pass, for example, and getting infected before you can move from the spot. Or having someone dive bomb you from the vip lounge. Or catching you while logging in. Or running up to you and exploding before you've heard of the event in the first day. Or from looking away to pet the cat that just jumped on your lap while your character is in a supposed "safe area".

That's also false; you can, for example: be in a huttball match, and lose because the ball carrier explodes right before he crosses the goal line. You can lose a match in any of the warzones because someone exploded (or was even just stunned) at the wrong moment. You can wind up exploding while soloing a champion mob and have to spend the time to beat him down again (since he'll reset back to 100%). you can fall prey to the bug that made a guy lose a piece of gear because he exploded at the wrong time; even if he gets it back that has affected his game play. You can lose a space mission as a result of the explosion.

And even if you're not doing anything other than traveling it's an interruption (albeit a short one) to what you're doing.

So while it doesn't affect YOUR gameplay, it does indeed affect other people's game play. And for anyone not interested in the so called rewards of the event, it doesn't offer any benefit at all.

So, for the people who don't want to be involved, you're suggesting that they just sit around and waste 20 minutes of thier game time and then go get involved in the event. Did you miss the part where they didn't want to be involved?

So if you don't want to be mugged, just give your money to the mugger?

Nicely said, I'm glad somebody is mentioning how it affects us pvpr's. I have zero interest in this event, and for the pve crowd where yeah sure you probably dont die a lot (fighting npc's lol) you certainly do in wz's and it's a total pain in the a*s having to constantly shell out $ for vaccines as opposed to the pve crowd who only buy probaly one a day (6hr immunity). On top of this there's nothing worse in a huttball match or any wz suddenly bending over spewing up for a couple secs while ya getting lolowned in the face or exploding at a critical moment for a win.

And now I hear the whole plague thing could be around for a while......fantastic. Why is it that some people will defend THEIR right to not have to participate in pvp whatsoever (and hey that's cool, you don't want to pvp I have no probs with that) but I have to be a part of this pve event that effects my pvp gametime?

Nicely said, I'm glad somebody is mentioning how it affects us pvpr's. I have zero interest in this event, and for the pve crowd where yeah sure you probably dont die a lot (fighting npc's lol) you certainly do in wz's and it's a total pain in the a*s having to constantly shell out $ for vaccines as opposed to the pve crowd who only buy probaly one a day (6hr immunity). On top of this there's nothing worse in a huttball match or any wz suddenly bending over spewing up for a couple secs while ya getting lolowned in the face or exploding at a critical moment for a win.

But if you're dying a lot in warzones then why bother buying vaccines? The effect will be lost when you die.

The total effect is 20 mins long from infection to death, which is way way longer than a hutball match ... so unless you're never dying in a warzone it won't be running its full course. So combined with you dying a lot I'm not sure how these infections are having as massive an impact as you say.

But I agree that catching it towards the end of a match (and not dying), then having it develop between matches, and then you entering a new match while it is well developed could be annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Please bring vendor back. Or tell us this is useless junk that we're holding.

^Please just bring the vendor back :( you really ought to put announcements on the game start-up... you know that little screen you see with the same bs all the time before you hit "PLAY" certain announcements such as when how long an event is going to last are important. You shouldn't have to browse the forums to find out.

THIS is a hassle for me to have to stop PLAYING the GAME to come onto the forum and see if the vendor has been brought back yet.

I honestly have the game open in another window right now and paused it because important stuff such as this are never put on the game start-up. What MMO doesn't do that? Even the free ones I've played do. (League of Legos, Live Frontier, Bored of These Rings Online, etc.)

Edited by XrossOver

• 1 year later...
I was talking to some folks about this event that happened in "days gone by". I miss it, actually. Infection parties...dancing at Carrick...good times. Bring the event back!!

Chuckle. they won't cause the PVEers loved it. They seem to have bought into the "PVPERs make the game" opinions.

Sigh the death knell of any MMO.... when the small minority gets the attention of the devs. See WAR for a prime example.

I was talking to some folks about this event that happened in "days gone by". I miss it, actually. Infection parties...dancing at Carrick...good times. Bring the event back!!

Yay a necro...

And it is coming back, they said so, they have added new tech like the rep system and are reintroducing it at a yet to be disclosed date.

and yes, its spread to new worlds. :)

Chuckle. they won't cause the PVEers loved it. They seem to have bought into the "PVPERs make the game" opinions.

Sigh the death knell of any MMO.... when the small minority gets the attention of the devs. See WAR for a prime example.

what is this I dont even.jpg

Edited by aeterno

Yay a necro...

And it is coming back, they said so, they have added new tech like the rep system and are reintroducing it at a yet to be disclosed date.

and yes, its spread to new worlds. :)

It outta come back during Halloween. Would seem appropriate.

I'm sure SithEBM and Mr. Jurgens would be laugh there asses off about how ludicrous this comment is.

• 1 year later...

As a returning founder after being gone for a couple of years I started a new toon and at level 10 traveled to a station where I afk'd and died from this thing I never new existed at my cargo hold.

My first impression was this is pure and simple BULLShut dieing at a safe zone at a cargo hold.

I still think that probably always will. I wondered what I had missed leaving only a few months after launch now I wonder why in hell I bothered to come back and look.

As a returning founder after being gone for a couple of years I started a new toon and at level 10 traveled to a station where I afk'd and died from this thing I never new existed at my cargo hold.

My first impression was this is pure and simple BULLShut dieing at a safe zone at a cargo hold.

I still think that probably always will. I wondered what I had missed leaving only a few months after launch now I wonder why in hell I bothered to come back and look.

Ever heard of the term 'necroing'? Because that's what you just did - and few people appreciate that.

Ever heard of the term 'necroing'? Because that's what you just did - and few people appreciate that.

No, and yet another internets landmine that I could not see before hand. How useful of you to help me see it thank you.. /sarcasm off

Sorry, that was not fair of me either. Instead of talking to the concern I had over being killed in a place I thought was a safe zone ( and clearly is not ) you slap a label on my observation and attempt to dismiss my feelings over being killed at my cargo hold as sour grapes from a returning player.

Very well played sir, did you bother to ask if I had a subscription or planned to continue to play even though many in this thread share my exact feeling on this issue.

No, clearly not you mean only to do what you did.

Instead of complaining on the forums right away and even necroing an old thread.

How about looking things up on this site, what exactly is going on in the game at this very moment.

Even in the launcher you can see that there is an event going on.

As a returning "Founder" myself, i have too say that if all returning players act like you, i rather have them staying away.

Sorry, that was not fair of me either. Instead of talking to the concern I had over being killed in a place I thought was a safe zone ( and clearly is not ) you slap a label on my observation and attempt to dismiss my feelings over being killed at my cargo hold as sour grapes from a returning player.

Very well played sir, did you bother to ask if I had a subscription or planned to continue to play even though many in this thread share my exact feeling on this issue.

No, clearly not you mean only to do what you did.

You necro'd a thread that was necro'd a year ago that was started over a year before that when the first Rakghoul Outbreak happened.

Oh we know you're a subscriber, cause only subscribers can post in the forums. The many complaining in this thread probably don't play anymore, and the vast majority of the current playerbase enjoys it, as it was heavily requested to come back (of course you'd see that if you actually read this thread rather than cherry pick to fit your argument).