SWTOR Mobile Security Key app for Windows Phone 7?

ZeroPlus

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows Phone 7 here to, i cannot understand why theres no W7 app when the game is for a MICROSOFT os , and besides developing on W7 mobile is as easy as it gets, would take a total of 5 mins tops to make this thingh.

Theres probably some other "reason" behind this but i frankly dont care, not everyone in the world uses IPhones or Droid's.

Get it Done asap.:mad:

Hi guys,

As you are aware there have been no announcements made in relation to the release of the Security Key for Windows 7 mobile devices. We understand that this is frustrating for a number of you but unfortunately we do not have any information to provide regarding this matter.

For feedback and suggestions of this nature we would ask you to please post them in the Suggestion box.

Thanks.

Edited by Brellon
spelling

Vasco's Digipass has Blackberry and Vista-Phone support, all that is needed is a fairly small configuration job and then having the app published.

Getting the app published is probably 99% of the problem with the setup so the Vista-phone/Blackberry can be used only 1%.

This is just ridiculous that there is not a WP7 app for security. Is Bioware effectively saying that people with Windows Phones are not entitled to account security?

Before you say "buy the physical key" I already tried twice now. First time EA sent it to California when im in Canada. I called them for 3 weeks trying to get it sorted out and they told ME TO CALL UPS AND SORT IT OUT WITH THEM. Eventually UPS sent the package back to EA and EA cancelled my order and kept all the shipping costs. So i decided to try again...I ordered it over 2 months ago now and havent heard a word and never have gotten a return email. So that's 20$ so far spent on the physical security key and havent gotten it in over 3 months.

So do i need to pay for 5 security keys in order to just get 1 when everyone else is getting it for free with their iphones and androids?

Edited by xNonphixionx

• 2 weeks later...
Is Bioware effectively saying that people with Windows Phones are not entitled to account security?

Let's not take it too far. ;) I guess this is just a price we pay for "thinking different" and not jumping on the mindless Apple bandwagon. :D

PS - I live in Ireland, that's where the SWTOR EU servers are located, and EA won't ship the security key here. :D

Edited by Gradivus

Wow, I'm a little surprised that Bioware didn't come out with an app for Windows phones - and apparently doesn't have plans to? Of course, this is the same company that released an app for another of their games that added resources and story content, but limited it to just Iphone users...

In the past month since Bioware's last response (3/21) Nokia has released the Lumia 900 which has been the top seller on wireless.amazon.com for a couple weeks. Any chance with the recent surge in users you could send some love the wp7 way? If not, how about sending me the mobile authenticators I ordered over two months ago and still have not received.

Im in australia and WP7 is my OS of choice (nokia lumia 800) and im about to sell my only android or IOS device and i wont even be able to access my account without the security key!!!!

+!,000,000 for WP7 App!!! or the smiley face gets it :eek::wea_02: