Phase Walk in Ancient Hypergate

varietasplus

Would you be so kind and remove all Phase Walk spots once pylon explodes in Ancient Hypergate? Thank you. Would be nice to get to the pylon with the middle boost faster than teleporters, beats the purpose of the boost, you know. Guess that is working as intended as well. Sage crying is predictable, so yeah, I know it is a "learn to play" issue, must be terrible for me to be so bad.

You know that’s been in the game since Hypergates was introduced? No one I know has a problem with it.

I don’t think it’s a L2P issue. I think you just need to accept that is how it is and play around it.

Actually yesterday was the first time I have witnessed it to such extent. My problem is that if I had not got the speed buff along with Force Speed on my shadow, I would have not reached the sage in time, it already had only 2 seconds left capturing the pylon. Owing to the Phase Walk Utility picked by the sage, I could not use Shadow Stride either.

What it means in practise, players at mid or respawn point simply can not hinder sage pylon cap (they have no access to speed buff). So, considering how efficient healers, tanks and stealthers are in AH when it comes to defending pylons, the outcome of the warzone is heavily dependent on the number of sages in the team.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sages having PW in general, I find it important for each advanced class to have an edge, but in this given warzone this skill is just as much game balance breaking as double roll is in HB, which is impossible to counter owing to server dsync problems in certain parts of the map.

Edited by varietasplus

If I’m in the tunnel and use the boost on any class, I always get there before the pylon even resets to click on it. If you aren’t getting there first, you aren’t timing it right or you shouldn’t be in stealth if you want to get there first.

If you have sages or Sorcs using phase walk from mid and no one on your team is willing to make an effort slow them or stop them, it’s not them, it’s your crap team mates.

Most of the time the class abilities people have a problem with are because there is no team work. There is no synergy in teams, no communication and most don’t know their own classes strengths and weaknesses in objective pvp.

Remember, the objective “game is hard” for people with no ability to think tactical or strategic. They might be able to grind dps and smash buttons, but they can’t use the grey matter between their ears at the same time.

There is no solution to that problem except running a premade with other objective players. Hopefully 4 of you can make the difference and carry those players with no objective skills

Phase walk is a ledgitmate tactic in Hypergates to get back to the node to cap or back up the defender.it doesn’t matter how many sages or Sorcs are on a team. They don’t make the difference if your team has half a brain.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I agree with you on teamwork. However, my problem is in this given situation is the fact that I was watching the explosion, waited for the right time to pick the boost up for longest effect and reached the shield 1 sec prior before it went down. Since I had the boost, it wuold have made no sense to head for the pylon in stealth mode since I was expecting to get there well ahead of anyone else. However, by the time I got there using Force Speed as well, the sage had almost finised capturing pylon. And I consider that a problem, since it beats the purpose of the boost or even renders it a must to prevent sage cap.

I agree with you on teamwork. However, my problem is in this given situation is the fact that I was watching the explosion, waited for the right time to pick the boost up for longest effect and reached the shield 1 sec prior before it went down. Since I had the boost, it wuold have made no sense to head for the pylon in stealth mode since I was expecting to get there well ahead of anyone else. However, by the time I got there using Force Speed as well, the sage had almost finised capturing pylon. And I consider that a problem, since it beats the purpose of the boost or even renders it a must to prevent sage cap.

I find that hard to believe because when I use the speed buff in the tunnel, the pylon hasn’t reset when I get there. I always have to wait 1-2 secs before I can click it.

The only way that sage could be part way through capping when you get there is you didn’t time the pickup properly or Bioware changed something with the last patch.

I will test what you are saying next Hypergates I play on both my Sorc and Sin. First to see if I can still get to the pylon before it resets and second to see if I can get there quicker with phase walk.

FYI, don’t use Force speed until the buff runs out or it actually slows you down a bit (the buff is faster).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That sounds a bit odd but I think your problem is more that the speed boost sucks and doesn't compensate for the extra distance you need to travel from the sides. I can get from the mid scrum to the node before it activates on most classes so a phase walking sorc might get there before me but they've got nothing to do except buy an over priced souvenir tour catalog and murmur admiration for the cubo-gothic architecture to their SO whilst they wait for the base plate to shimmer into receptivity.

I guess killing the sage and recapturing the pylon isn't an option then.... :rak_02:

But I'm with Trixxie on her more general point. DPS and HPS and such doesn't always win.... Clever gameplay and reacting to the situation and coordinating with your team is a better guarantee of success ... or at least limiting the extent of one's defeat.

Since 'cap-and hold' is too difficult for some people to comprehend... understanding the mechanics of AH is probably gonna be beyond some people.

Some PVPers are like potatoes. They mash well and have eyes... but there's not much substance inside their noggin. :)

I find that hard to believe because when I use the speed buff in the tunnel, the pylon hasn’t reset when I get there. I always have to wait 1-2 secs before I can click it.

same here.

when i use the speedbuff i reach the pylon before you can click it. if i use phase walk to activate the pylon, i still can get interruped by enemies with no speedbuff with ranged attacks. so the mates need to slow them down. so there have to be a different problem, slowing you down for some seconds.

it seems more logical, that you are waiting on the gate, until the explosion reaches your gates. then you are turning back to get the buff, turn again and run to the pylons, all in stealthmode. if you are doing it exactly that way, you just have a second left to interrupt the capping player. i don't want to say, that you are lying. maybe there is another problem with your connection or pc, causing that hugh delay.

Thank you for all the feedback, what you say makes sense and are in line with my previous experience. I wish I had recorded the whole scenario so that I could reconstruct what has really happened. I have been to AH countless times, that is why I felt something was not right with this given situation.

Based on Occam's razor approach, I have to believe I had a prolonged dsync, because you pointed out correctly that the sage should have not been able to start capping. It would also explain why I have not seen it running towards it at all (regardless of Phase Walk, he had to cover some distance running), he simply appeared at the pylon.

There's a timer on the hypergate. It's not immediately cap- able as soon as the explosion ends.

It's super easy to beat this timer... I do it all the time on my scoundrels and juggs.

That said, a sage/sorc phase walk teleport is an excellent cap-staller after the explosion.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller