Imperial Agent - Guides, useful threads and links

Obsivus

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey id just like to ask on what peoples opinions are to maybe giving the sniper class like a 30 second moveable stealth or like a standing in one spot kind of camouflage?

The reason i would like to see this kind of system to the class is because i believe it would give sniper a little bit more of a tactical advantage by allowing them to get into a good position in things like warzones and world pvp because it does feel pretty crap when you just get a chance to use cover in the warzone or world pvp and the enemy is already on top off you and making you have to pop all cooldowns just to try and survive.

Great post! thanks for that, rolled my Agent the other day and cruised ever since, i'm going for an Operative and leveling as a Medic so the info on your post has been invaluable to me!!! Both PVE and PVP has been great fun, the class can adapt to anything and the story line rules. My other char is a 38 Jugg and the poor sucker has just hit the subs bench! :ph_thank_you:

PVP & DPS leveling build (31/5/5)

From what I've seen if it's essentially the best damage-focused build out there for the operative. Obviously it won't be viable as a endgame healing spec, but Operatives can still effectively heal in groups/flashpoints without really investing too heavily in the medic tree (which is still pretty godawful).

Please Reup this build .. link is broken

From what I've seen if it's essentially the best damage-focused build out there for the operative. Obviously it won't be viable as a endgame healing spec, but Operatives can still effectively heal in groups/flashpoints without really investing too heavily in the medic tree (which is still pretty godawful).

Please Reup this build .. link is broken

is that the right spec for a pvp/dps build, looks like healer.

I wonder what build in raid pve provides more damage. Engeneering or marksmanship? Due to ballistic shield engeneering build is much more useful for raids. Currently I have this build and it suits me.

Also another question - what's the cap for accuracy? It's definitaly clear, that sniper is the highest crit dependable class and the correlation should be as folllows: crit-surge-power. But accuracy plays a huge role and knowng the cap would prevent us from slacking.

Energy Regeneration works at a variable rate dependant on your current total energy.

Current Energy = 80 - 100 = 5 RPS

Current Energy = 60 - 80 = 4 RPS

Current Energy = 40 - 60 = 3 RPS

Current Energy = 20 - 40 = 2.5 RPS

Current Energy = 0 - 20 = 2 RPS

Stim Boost consumes a Tactical Advantage proc to return 3 energy every 3 seconds for 45 seconds, this buff should be kept up in any fight lasting 45 seconds or longer.

While SB is active, your energy regen becomes;

Current Energy = 80 - 100 = 6 RPS

Current Energy = 60 - 80 = 5 RPS

Current Energy = 40 - 60 = 4 RPS

Current Energy = 20 - 40 = 3.5 RPS

Current Energy = 0 - 20 = 3 RPS

I'm sure I will get burned for this but

SB does -not- allow us to recovery 6e/s. Stim Boost gives 3 energy every 3 seconds for 45 seconds or 15 ticks of 3 energy where a tick happens every three seconds.

At 0-2 seconds, we haven't gotten a single bit of energy back. Only on that third second, do we get any energy. This means the bottom table is wrong by 1-2 energy 2/3's of the time.

This guide needs to be updated

Scorpio has no ranged weapon profficiency.

I've tested all ranged weapons but she can't equip them.

I hope she's not bound by tech staves because there are none I can find... Unless someone can give me a vendor location where I can get an orange one?

Edited by Ahebish

Hello there and ty for the good quide but could it be possible to swap this to Torhead.com build tree since its really confusing (ingame it would be 5/31/5)

Thanks for all the nice info!

If possible I'd like to get in the stream list in the OP :

http://fr.twitch.tv/zackdentv

Playing a Sniper too, currently Marksmanship spec'ed, 46 Valor and going in some HM Ops (16 EV/Karagga) with some bosses in Nightmare.

Stream is up daily, generally from 2PM CET (8AM EST) for around 10 to 14h depending on how tired I get :D

Why should you get on this stream ?

I try to answer all questions asked in the chat, and what's interesting is I can do it in both French AND English, and that's something you won't see in any other stream out there (Streamchat is also FR/EN allowed, as long as it doesn't slip into some weird language wars).

Edited by Zackaryel