Frustration: Soloing

Vaucent

Hey there!

I'm ready to rip my hair out! :)

I have had just about enough frustration when it comes to soloing on my Operative. I don't know what I am doing wrong that makes the fights so difficult and deaths so frequent. I have tried using every companion. I have tried gearing myself and my companion to the best of my ability but that isn't very good considering I can't finish the dailies necessary to get the money to do that. I'm stuck in an endless cycle of disappointment! (This is all at level 55, Concealment, by the way).

Every fight feels like a struggle against equal level enemies. Makeb just tears me apart. I can't imagine what Oricon would do to me. The only thing I don't outright suck against are packs of weak mobs, but even then I finish the fight down a bit of health and my companion half dead and have to waste time regening. Enemy groups with silvers or golds are just... ugh.

What am I doing wrong? Does it just come down to not having adequate enough gear for myself and my companion? The gear I can't afford to buy because I can't solo the dailies? (Currently using level 50 blues on myself and my companions).

Can't even beat the Archon. Was cake on my Assassin and Mercenary!

Edited by Vaucent

if you are using lvl 50 blues at 55... then you are going to have a VERY rough time to do anything at all.

go back and do dailies in section x / black hole to get classic comms + money and get your 4 piece set bonus from the classic comm vendor. Afterwards, either buy the mods / armorings etc or run some tactical flashpoints to get the gear.

Or... go the super easy way and just get a legacy bound gear set from any reputation and use any of your other 55's to get a decent level55 set for em.

Do you have your build readily available? I changemy concealment operative to heals and back again depending on my need but if I remember right I usually run with a 10/36/0 (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MccMZGMdrdbkrhGR.3) build because it gives me decent off-healing for Kaliyo as well as more frequent procs of Tactical Advantages which last longer. I use a tank companion so she keeps the aggro after I go in with my initial burst.

Acid Blade -> Hidden Strike -> Explosive Probe -> Shiv -> Debilitate -> Acid Blade -> Backstab -> Corrosive Dart was my usual rotation and if the thing didn't die I would throw in a Lacerate or two, or continue my rotation with the exception of the first two steps. If it's a group of weak mobs I usually hit the elite first with my initial burst and follow up with an Orbital Strike followed by a Frag Grenade to knock them down and trap them in it.

Armoring may have a lot to do with it. I personally recommend you get yourself as many planetary comms as you can by farming the lower level heroics on DK or Nar Shaddaa and outfit yourself with the purple Makeb mods from the supply vendor. I think they're rating 140 ? I know them as 58s before the switchover. To outfit yourelf completely in fully adapatable gear I think you need some 120-130 of them. That helps a LOT because it makes the dailies on Section X (where you should head to begin farming basic comms) that much easier.

Hope that helps :D

Thanks for the advice :) I currently use Dulfy's PvE Concealment spec.

Suppose I'll look into doing what I can to improve my gear, then. Do you recommend a companion for Concealment? I have access to HK-51 and Treek as well.

Treek is a great place to start since she can do both heals and tanking. The only downside is that she'll need two sets of gear to do it with good effectiveness. However, in my own personal experience, like I said, running with a tank is a bit easier because you don't get mowed down as fast. I found running around with Lokin to be a little rougher than I liked. Good luck!

If you are level 55 you should have enough to work with and not struggle as much as it sounds. Sometimes going back to the basics of your rotations helps brother.

Are your rotations as tight as you think they are? :)

What are u leading with? How are u addressing groups? Weaks first or strongs? Elites?

Things like sleeping the elite first. Are you using O.S. on weaker mobs that are grouped as opener and getting back into stealth before it goes off so u can open on the strong with H.S.?

Killing weakest first and eliminating incoming damage as quickly as possible, working your way up to the slept elite?

Using terrain to LOS? Sever tendon around corner while your dart ticks and u heal? Keeping those dots up all the time?

Sometimes the smallest nuances you start over looking get turned into bad habits. You made it this far with far less to work with. Dont let these lvl 55 bums get the best of ya. Keep fightin! ;)