Custom Chat Channel Commands

da_jon

Has anyone figured out how to list all characters in a chat channel? I read a post from ages ago that said /list channelname but that doesn't seem to work. I also read somewhere else it is /clist channelname but that also does not work. Any ideas?

• 1 year later...
You can find a list here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686896

However, it is outdated since they recently bugged most of the commands. To the best of my knowledge, only /cjoin and /cleave work correctly at this time.

:mad:I wish they would fix this already.. it's been broken in someway, shape or form since launch. that's ridiculous.. the commands 'pretend' to work but don't actually work. the only thing that does is /cjoin and /cleave Why even give us the option of having custom channels if they don't work properly?!!!!!:mad:

• 9 months later...

You can't remove a custom chat channel because anytime somebody logs in that had previously joined the channel it is recreated. Try it out with a channel you've never joined before: /cjoin anotherbrokenfeature - Even though you did not do "/create anotherbrokenfeature" the channel was still created when you did the /cjoin.

In theory if you can convince everybody that joined the channel to /cleave it then the channel may be removed but there is no way to know that for sure since the /list command is broken.

You could try to block people out using a password but this is another features that does not work. You can test that this way:

/create donkey balls (creates a channel called "donkey" with the password "balls")

Relog to another character and do: /cjoin donkey - It will let you connect without the password

A lot of the problems are down to the permissions system. If I create a custom chat channel then I am the admin/owner and I can moderate the channel, promote people, kick people etc. When I go offline then the next person to login to the channel becomes the new admin/owner and I lose my permissions. Sure I can join the channel again but I won't have my admin/owner permissions unless I happen to be the first person to login after the new owner logs off.