Time for a PvP Fix

fungihoujo

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a start, whatever is being written here does no get much attention, as forum staff are focussing on pts forum. So if you have anything to say about the class might as well say it there.

People whined the most about 3 things on live.

1. Smash. Got a small teeny tiny nerf, in the midst of a giant nerf to crit chance, and smash actually came out stronger than before, with extra damage in the rest of their rotation to boot.

2. Bubblestun - got taken away completely, bubbles nerfed, hybrid specs nerfed, and CC's nerfed.

3. Sorcerers have weak armor and taking extremely high damage, while doing the lowest burst of anyone - they made the armor weaker, and took away our 10% AoE damage talent so deathfield hits for even less now.

So then we get on PTS and assassins are crying about their damage spec reduced even though tank spec was made stronger. Merc's were crying that not enough was done. Sorcs are crying because lightning is still broken and now they broke madness.

So what happens? Today Bioware gave a bunch of damage back to sins in the form of burst. They gave Mercs some love but came right out to say they have other things in the works for mercs that will be going in next time they patch. Sorcerers were completely ignored. Oh they did make an ability that has a 20% chance to proc do more damage. But that was more for sins who get a 100% chance to proc the same thing in their version of the tree.

15% less damage from DoT's in this game is still a joke of a way to spend 2 skill points. Again 15% is a tiny insignificant amount, and DoT's aren't threatening in this game, except for Pyro Pt's, but those are the least of your worries if you have a pyro PT focusing on you.

Haunted dreams is now maybe the worst ability in the tree full of bad abilities. 0.50 seconds off a 2.0 second cast time is a stupid waste of 2 points, and although that extra 2 second stun on damage breaking the mez is nice, it loses its appeal when you're a dot class that still has WW break on DoT damage (We had been screaming about that forever, but to fix it they took away our mez for all intents and purposes, then gave lathality Snipers an ability so their sleeps wouldn't be broken by DoT damage.)

Sith defiance is still 2% flat damage reduction for 2 points. Tanks like abilities like that, even DPS classes in heavy armor don't bother with that ability, ad most of them have the option. It is beyond stupid that 2% damage reduction is considered in any way useful to sorcerers.

By my count that is 17 wasted points if you went fully 100% into the tree. Makes me want to go hybrid. I also miss the 10% increased damage I could get from the healing tree on AoE effects, so my deathfield is actually weaker now. Thanks for that, i did feel too bursty before.

I was planning on just filling my sorc with comms and retiring him once 2.0 hits. But the more I think about it, given how completely clueless Bioware has shown themselves to be, i am thinking I'll just let my subscription lapse in 3 days.

I completely agree.

I play balance sage for quite some time so I know what I am talking about (I am one of the extremely few people who play dps sage in rated).

You know what will be the biggest killer? That Force Lift is no longer instant. We have to spec into it for 2 points and the whole Jedi Knight gets it instant and in AoE variaton. This nerf proves devs are totally clueles. WHO complained about this talent anyway? Jedi Knights who have it for free and AoE version? PTs that eat us? Smugglers that get the same thing, only they have to be in stealth? Bad smashers who moaned enough so devs gave them what they wanted just to shut up? I completely fail to see WHY it's being nerfed. Complete and utter rubbish... ...kill a class without a reason.

As a DoT class we are given a cc that we have to spec into with 2 points and it breaks upon damage. Ok, we had 2 sec stun on it if it broke, but since we are DoT class, the use is more often than not reduced to interrupt function. You gain nothing except interrupt and possibly 2 more seconds of DoTs time. We spend gcd on the lift so it doesn't give us any extra edge.

CCes available for classes:

Agent/Smuggler: Mezz usable from stealth without a cd, reset combat by restealth, instant AoE mezz, lot of other cces in advanced classes

Warrior/Knight: AoE mezz, Choke, jugg has Force Push

Hunter/Trooper: Pt/vg Aoe Stun, Merc/Commando castable sinlge target mezz (I feel with you guys), but you can at least make it an instant cast.

Inqusitor/Consular: Castable single target mezz

I fail to find words that wouldn't breach the policy fo this forum to describe my feelings...

Yes, they are going to do away with Sorcs/Sages as DPS because.... because... because you are unhappy that you can't faceroll everyone in PvP? Yeah, that makes sense.

Ahahahaha....you're such a troll monkey. Grow up and quit acting like a basement dwelling teenager. Honestly, you're worse than my 15 year old!

I fail to find words that wouldn't breach the policy fo this forum to describe my feelings...

Maybe breaching ToS policy by expressing exactly how we feel would get their attention? Somehow, I doubt that would even work. How about all Sage/Sorcerer players refuse to play their classes until such time that BioWare gets off their collective arses and correct the issues the fracked up with 2.0 and put these classes on an even playing ground with the other DPS classes. Maybe if there was a complete absence of these classes from game play they'd take notice. However, they'd probably take that as a license to discontinue these classes as I believe they are wanting to do and make them healers only. I've seen this before when developers want to change how a class is played. I would not put it passed these non-Inquisitor/Consular playing amateurs on bit.

Inqusitor/Consular: Castable single target mezz

Whilst I agree with the general sentiments expressed it should be noted, consulars/inquisitors have a 4s hard stun, and sins/shadows have the stealth mez too.

How Bioware can not make awe and flashbang a channel is beyond me if they take away the instant whirlwind, but then sorcs have had a nerf to armour too, and force barrier talent, so does it really surprise you?

How about all Sage/Sorcerer players refuse to play their classes until such time that BioWare gets off their collective arses and correct the issues the fracked up with 2.0 and put these classes on an even playing ground with the other DPS classes.

Yeah, we're all right behind you.:rolleyes:

Ill bump this thread not because i think sorcerers are weak right now, Because in 2.0 they are going to have the highest burst potential of any class, but because a lot of the ideas the original poster had i have had as well. I would like to see a change with polarity shift

"polarity shift" immune to interrupts and able to cast lightning strike while moving for the duration.

We are such a turret class meaning we have to stand still to do any decent damage even with a spec based on dots "madness" spamming force lightning.

So lets see here we are a full ranged class with one of our main kiting abilities in a 10m range now we can ONLY do damage effectively from range

Power techs and operatives can throw nades auto shot and even with procs hit you HARD from further then 30m

Now im not saying give us some melee ability lol because i don't want that what so ever, what i am saying is why can some melee classes hit me so hard from RANGED (most instant casts). Say i am kiting an operative and he is already at 30m he does explo probe 3-5k+ dmg +2-4k grenade + spamming auto shots which hit for 400-1k +corrosive dart + actually being able to physically SNIPE me. just and example of why i dont think a melee class should be able to do that much damage from range with just a few abilities. im not saying that i would ever lose a Operative 1v1 from 30m, but the sad thing is i tested it and dotted my buddy full up and just spammed force lightning while he spammed his abilities from 30m and he got me to 40% before i beat him lol. i dont even know why im ranting about this now its just funny to me how melee classes can do so much dmg at range when they give sorcerers such horrible kiting abilities.

Edited by TwitchWINs

Maybe breaching ToS policy by expressing exactly how we feel would get their attention? Somehow, I doubt that would even work. How about all Sage/Sorcerer players refuse to play their classes until such time that BioWare gets off their collective arses and correct the issues the fracked up with 2.0 and put these classes on an even playing ground with the other DPS classes. Maybe if there was a complete absence of these classes from game play they'd take notice. However, they'd probably take that as a license to discontinue these classes as I believe they are wanting to do and make them healers only. I've seen this before when developers want to change how a class is played. I would not put it passed these non-Inquisitor/Consular playing amateurs on bit.

While it's a nice idea it won't work. Who will strike? A few PvPers who actually know that their class is broken. Out of all sages/sorcerers how many play PvP in balance spec on a level they notice there's something amiss? A vocal minority in the eyes of Bioware. And I can't question myself if this minority is worth trying to satisfy in the big sales pie. There will always be people playing sages and sorcs since they rolled them for the looks, feeling of the class. There will be a lot of casual players, there will be lot of people who don't care. Sadly I don't think it would have any effect at all.

Whilst I agree with the general sentiments expressed it should be noted, consulars/inquisitors have a 4s hard stun, and sins/shadows have the stealth mez too.

How Bioware can not make awe and flashbang a channel is beyond me if they take away the instant whirlwind, but then sorcs have had a nerf to armour too, and force barrier talent, so does it really surprise you?

I tried to write down abilities beyond 4 sec stun. Now I realize I should have omitted Force choke...

Why Bioware nefred force lift is beyond explanation..

Edited by Ed-ward

Ill bump this thread not because i think sorcerers are weak right now, Because in 2.0 they are going to have the highest burst potential of any class, but because a lot of the ideas the original poster had i have had as well. I would like to see a change with polarity shift

The 'broken' hybrid powertech spec has way more burst. And sorcs are still going to be shut down in 2.0.

They broke madness spec for no good reason, and lightning will never get a cast off. Immune to interrupt? - stun/mez

I've played a Sorc DPS for months now, and as much as I enjoy the class it does indeed lack something. There's nothing a sorc can do that a sniper can't. Sure Snipers are a DPS only class and I'd expect them to be better at it, Snipers get better damage, better defensives, hell even better mobility (in my opinion). There's something clearly wrong there.

I kind of agree I feel like there is something seriously missing from the sorcerer class.

While 2.0 as is seems to be good, it still feels lacking. The damage changes are overall positive and my favorite spec lightning is very capable now. Force barrier although not exciting, is exactly something the sorc/sage needed. Before there was no reason for people to stop train focusing a sorc. Even still I don't think I will be re-subbing.

The class itself hasn't changed. The only fun part about full madness was its kiting ability and lightning was fun because it was a challenge. The sorcerer class is just lackluster, there are no epic feeling abilities or fun parts of the rotation. In fact the rotations appear to be almost exactly the same, damage modifiers have been changed but your attack priority hasn't.

I'm not one of the people saying that the class is garbage, its not. Personally I perform better than almost anyone in any given warzone regardless of spec. Currently though madness appears like it will still be equally useless for rated (crit rating change hurt this spec alot for pvp), lightning spec is now okay and the hybrid is still the best choice (and I hate the hybrid). The bubble stun nerf was expected and needed, but the lose of instant whirlwind baffles me. Our damage is now on par with other classes, but it seems every patch sorc CC abilities get nerfed and that is what I don't understand. With the exception of mercenaries and perhaps PT every other class has more CC options and abilities. I don't want to be a CC god by any means, but some interesting mechanics would be nice. For class that is pictured as the "glass cannon" of the game it is certainly lacking of any unique offensive cooldowns or cc; I guess you could say bubble stun and polarity shift are unique, but neither is interesting or fun to use.

To me the class I love has become.......boring

The 'broken' hybrid powertech spec has way more burst. And sorcs are still going to be shut down in 2.0.

They broke madness spec for no good reason, and lightning will never get a cast off. Immune to interrupt? - stun/mez

Sounds like a rank 1 backpeddler, while what you think is cute fact tends to think otherwise as we have played with a hybrid and lightning sorc in PTS rateds vs some of the best guilds in the game. I died less and took less damage in those games even when being focused because i know how to kite and its not a single player game my TEAM backed me up.

Sounds like a rank 1 backpeddler, while what you think is cute fact tends to think otherwise as we have played with a hybrid and lightning sorc in PTS rateds vs some of the best guilds in the game. I died less and took less damage in those games even when being focused because i know how to kite and its not a single player game my TEAM backed me up.

You are wasting your breath. If you think Sorcs are at all capable, the bads in here will insult you regardless of how much personal experience and success you have with the class. I've said all along we could use one or two changes. We need an execute. We need a defensive cooldown. I'd like instant lift back. That's really about it.

Kind iof ironic but that's probably the only enviroment sorcs will work in now, for the simple reason that they have team support.

I think they would work equally good in 1.7 but teams/guilds quickly jumped to the conclusion that sorcs werent going to make it. Only reason people brought them (dps speced sorcs) on PTS was to try it and because they werent educated enough. A sorc can reach 1,5M and still be less of a factor than everyone els on the team.

That said, my conclusion, a conclusion based on not rated pug games on PTS, is still that sorcs indirectly were nerfed in 2.0. It doesnt matter if the stuff they so called gave us looks good on paper when everyone els got something better. Not to mention that the damage buffs arent making up for the HP the new gear has. Sorcs werent the only ones who got hit by the nerf to crit but it made things worse.

Edited by MidichIorian

Sounds like a rank 1 backpeddler,

Okay you want to start with that huh?

while what you think is cute fact tends to think otherwise as we have played with a hybrid and lightning sorc in PTS rateds vs some of the best guilds in the game. I died less and took less damage in those games even when being focused because i know how to kite and its not a single player game my TEAM backed me up.

For all I know you were carried, because your team saved your sorry backside. You say "best guilds", I have no more proof they weren't scrubs. But hey keep making up stories, but next time keep them to yourself.

After all you want,

"polarity shift" immune to interrupts and able to cast lightning strike while moving for the duration.

Sooner wants,

" I've said all along we could use one or two changes. We need an execute. We need a defensive cooldown. I'd like instant lift back."

Which btw Sooner, is 3 changes, not 1 or 2, all the while proclaiming Sorcs are fine, yet wanting to label others as bad for wanting things, or pointing out problems with Sorcs at the moment.

Starting to smell a troll and is that, why yes, I think it is, just a smack of hypocrisy thrown in for good measure.

Sad that the sorc boards have more name calling and insulting than discussion.

Yeah. Oh well, what can you do?

Edited by Chemic_al

You are wasting your breath. If you think Sorcs are at all capable, the bads in here will insult you regardless of how much personal experience and success you have with the class. I've said all along we could use one or two changes. We need an execute. We need a defensive cooldown. I'd like instant lift back. That's really about it.

Lol so thats why casual, squirtel squad nostrum and others i cant really think of atm all lost more games then they won when i was playing my sorc, right sorcs are horrible yet their still able to out damage and die less then other classes if played right. YOU SIR ARE A SMART PERSON WHO CLEARLY KNOWS ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT EVERY CLASS. :)))))

For all I know you were carried, because your team saved your sorry backside. You say "best guilds", I have no more proof they weren't scrubs. But hey keep making up stories, but next time keep them to yourself.

Just as we have no proof of your no name guild, you wont even post it on ur sig. I am not scared so i post my guild is "Hey im mvp" :) dont come at me sideways u know who i am u can just look i have no fookin clue who you are lol :)

Even some horribly edited fun vids for you to find out more about me if you like

http://www.swtormovies.com/pv.php?l=LordRemedy

Edited by TwitchWINs

Lol so thats why casual, squirtel squad nostrum and others i cant really think of atm all lost more games then they won when i was playing my sorc, right sorcs are horrible yet their still able to out damage and die less then other classes if played right. YOU SIR ARE A SMART PERSON WHO CLEARLY KNOWS ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT EVERY CLASS. :)))))

You do realize I was agreeing with you, right?

I think he meant to quote me and if he had actually read my post and instead of shouted like a baby he would have realized that I just said that they can be viable in 2.0 rateds and probably also more than people like to think in 1.7.

i know haha but whats the fun of forums if you cant mess around a bit :p anyways people who think sorcs are not viable its fine for you, but if you want we can set up a time on pts and do some rateds vs my guild. hell ill even bring two dps sorcs to make it even more fun.

• 4 weeks later...

That won't work- the numbers of people playing sorcs and mercs dropped massively- and it was people quitting the game too, not just rerolling- after 1.2. We're talking about a patch that led to the game itself failing and going f2p shortly after. If something like that will cause zero reaction from BW- they can easily ignore people not playing this class.

Regardless- while after looking at the changes, I'm pretty sure these nerfs have made one of the game's worst classes even more pathetic- we're going to have to take a look though at how the class performs at 55 before we can really judge though.

We've given them ptr feedback, which they ignored- they aren't going to pay attention to what we say while everyone's getting used to the new changes. Of course, they'll probably ignore what we say in a few weeks too- but at least we'll be more experienced at that point.

That won't work- the numbers of people playing sorcs and mercs dropped massively- and it was people quitting the game too, not just rerolling- after 1.2. We're talking about a patch that led to the game itself failing and going f2p shortly after. If something like that will cause zero reaction from BW- they can easily ignore people not playing this class.

Regardless- while after looking at the changes, I'm pretty sure these nerfs have made one of the game's worst classes even more pathetic- we're going to have to take a look though at how the class performs at 55 before we can really judge though.

We've given them ptr feedback, which they ignored- they aren't going to pay attention to what we say while everyone's getting used to the new changes. Of course, they'll probably ignore what we say in a few weeks too- but at least we'll be more experienced at that point.

I have reached level 55 with my sage and I am pretty confident that I will not play it in dps spec. As you say, from bad to even worse. As for heal spec i doubt it will work, but I am hopeful.

There were two things that made it possible to play a sage healer in rated: Bubble stun and Force wave root. Shield on it's own is quite rubbish, certainly won't stop a mid-spec mara, even less 3 ppl focusing you. Pathetic heal on Force weave will not make up for root effect. I am not even going to comment pre 2.0 full heal spec. So they took us two only abilities that made us viable and gave us what? Salvation cast time reduction based on proc and rubbish Force Statis. Yeah, it looks cool, but I doubt it will be more than 2nd cc breaker with circumstantial usability beyond it - e.g. cap delayer and maybe occational saver (but tbh 1% per second is rather pathetic and I can't see a team in rated that actually lets the other caster top you up while you are bubbled). I hope it won't be such a tragedy, that perhaps tank will be able to peel, that Salvation will be worth the trouble, but with all the classses beefed up I have very hard time seeing sage as an effective healer. Maybe the Salvation.. maybe...

Right now I have put my sage to bench, and rolled a different character. I am waiting for guildies to let me know that I am wrong and sage is in fact a nice class to play. In the meanwhile, I'll do dailies in hopes that one day my sage will return to rated team.

As for Bioware being deaf.. With all the things happening in PvP, there is no other explanation. Deaf, incompetent and sadly in charge. If this were their first big fail... ...but I just can't forgive them Illum. Well, bolster will get fixed, I can live with it. Hell, it's even funny how people run naked in warzones.

Btw have you noticed their special offer on Major XP boost? 5-pack bundle is more expensive than 5 separate XP boosts...

People playing other classes are acting like it's OP that it lets you become immune for x seconds while 5 people beat on you. Ironically enough- marauders who I've seen before saying that if you attack a marauder who has their immunity up you are a complete moron- yet when the most obvious bubble in the world pops up, it's not moronic for them to waste their time beating on it.

Marauder logic ftw.

I see almost no change in class dynamics- marauders still on top, mercenaries still on the bottom.

But, again- we have to wait and see, level 55 pvp might have some surprises, and I'd much rather be basing my ire on the state of this class on how it's playing than on how it looks like it'll play.