Possible source of warzone lag? Nvidia DX11 cards to blame? (480gtx in my case)

Stealthsultan

I own 2 computers both with swtor installed; A ati radieon equipped hp-envy 13 that rus the game at 1366x768 essentially flawlessly at all phases.

My main PC however is a beast built to play crysis (maxed) with an nvidia 480gtx OV+OC, phenom x6 and 8 gigs of ddr3. This computer is essentially DOA in any warzone with less than 5 fps making warzones unplayable. GPU usage never crosses the 20% threshold and temp stays at a cool 51 c. No matter what settings the game is run at, the issue persists.

Internet connection is 24mps down and 4mps up with essentially 0 packet loss to any bioware/ea servers.

I just don't get it; this appears to be an extreme optimization issue involving DX9 (right?).

Any suggestions would be welcome (would love a bioware post but I might be reaching)

Any further information available on demand.

CPU: Intel core i5, 3.20 GHz

Graphics: Geforce GTX 560 ti

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Windows: 7 x64

Settings: Everything to high, shadows and Anisotropic filter to low, grass and trees to medium.

FPS: I get anything between 20 and 35 fps while questing. A little bit more when doing flashpoints. In warzones, I'm usually sitting on 13~18 fps.

I've read some threads, and for a lot of people the GPU usage seems to go DOWN once they enter area's that would require MORE gpu usage. Why this is happening, no one knows yet. But it is definitely a game-side issue, not an issue with anyone's pc.